Prospect Info: [2023 - 101st] Florian Xhekaj (OHL - Brantford Bulldogs)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
As long as that extra poundage doesn’t adversely affect his mobility. Remember this is the NHL not the NFL.

I haven't watched him game in and game out. But looking at the highlights, he doesn't seem slow out there. He'll be like his brother, who is 6'4" and 238 lbs and is mobile.

I don't expect Florian to be that heavy. But I think he'll be fine being over 200 lbs. I don't think it will affect his mobility that much. I think he'll just fill out into his man body.

Of course, having guys that size is a bonus because big boy hockey in the playoffs needs big boys.

I don't know why, but I picture Xhekaj at 6'4" and eventually over 200 lbs on a line with Luke Tuch, who is listed at 6'2" and 215 lbs. Just two big bodies on the bottom-6 causing headaches and havoc on the forecheck. And we'll see how they do as pros, but at their respective levels, they've shown some offense.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I haven't watched him game in and game out. But looking at the highlights, he doesn't seem slow out there. He'll be like his brother, who is 6'4" and 238 lbs and is mobile.

I don't expect Florian to be that heavy. But I think he'll be fine being over 200 lbs. I don't think it will affect his mobility that much. I think he'll just fill out into his man body.

Of course, having guys that size is a bonus because big boy hockey in the playoffs needs big boys.

I don't know why, but I picture Xhekaj at 6'4" and eventually over 200 lbs on a line with Luke Tuch, who is listed at 6'2" and 215 lbs. Just two big bodies on the bottom-6 causing headaches and havoc on the forecheck. And we'll see how they do as pros, but at their respective levels, they've shown some offense.
Tuch and FX will hopefully provide us with some options.

They can’t be worse than Pearson, White, etc.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Tuch and FX will hopefully provide us with some options.

They can’t be worse than Pearson, White, etc.

If these guys turn out to be NHL quality, we could end up having a fourth line that can contribute offensively once in a while and mostly cause havoc down low, especially in the playoffs...

This kind of contribution can really help tip the scales if we end up going for a non top heavy build for our team going forward, as we seem to never be able to grab any high tier super stars.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Great pick in 4th round. He is going to be a bottom 6 player in NHL.

I think he have potential to be a more 4th liner, 3rd liner is a realistic projection to him. With physical ability like his brother.

I think both Xhekaj's have good offensive talent, so they will be better than expected with their work ethic, physical attribute.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I also feel like McCarron is one of the guy that our developement team did let down. He looks in Nashville like a guy who had the potential to be a good bottom 6 player with proper guidance.
Big Mac had a terrific AHL rookie season that led to him being brought up too quickly and simultaneously being mishandled by Lefebvre and his loser assistants.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Big Mac had a terrific AHL rookie season that led to him being brought up too quickly and simultaneously being mishandled by Lefebvre and his loser assistants.
Didn’t he have 2 or 3 hat trick in that season? He was a ppg or thereabouts 20 games in. Then Sly says publicly for some stupid f***ing reason that he won’t be a top 6er then falls apart after that.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Didn’t he have 2 or 3 hat trick in that season? He was a ppg or thereabouts 20 games in. Then Sly says publicly for some stupid f***ing reason that he won’t be a top 6er then falls apart after that.
That's what happens when you entrust idiots with the development of your top prospects.

Don't forget how they handled Leblanc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad