GDT: 2022 World Juniors Championship Part Deux

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Pretty solid period from Luke. 0 mistakes defensively but also more passive than I'm used to seeing from him offensively.

Reactions: My3Sons

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Hughes 1st period interview

-Happy to play for Country
-Wanted to pepper the goalie
-The goalie was making great saves
-Continue doing what they are doing

He seems pretty Winded during the interview. Either he really gives his all each shift or his endurance is a bit low and something he needs to work on.

Also it is his first game in a long while so it could be that he's just getting used to the pace again.

Reactions: HBK27 and My3Sons

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Hughes 1st period interview

-Happy to play for Country
-Wanted to pepper the goalie
-The goalie was making great saves
-Continue doing what they are doing

He seems pretty Winded during the interview. Either he really gives his all each shift or his endurance is a bit low and something he needs to work on.

Also it is his first game in a long while so it could be that he's just getting used to the pace again.
They usually interview guys right after they exit the ice. Most guys are winded in those interviews.

Reactions: glenwo2

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

My Merrill goal picture was way better

surely not better than my depiction of this 'goal of the season'

Photo on 22-08-09 at 10.59 PM #2.jpg

Last edited:

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Luke Hughes goes from the point and skates toward the net and almost scores, Puck is high in the air and everyone wacks at it. American knocks it in but its a high stick.
Yeah that was real nice, more impressive than the goal imo I hope there's a replay somewhere

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Luke Hughes goes from the point and skates toward the net and almost scores, Puck is high in the air and everyone wacks at it. American knocks it in but its a high stick.

was it? It looked like the guy who tried to whack at it 2nd time missed.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I don’t know the junior rules but high stick is the shoulder if it’s not a goal and the crossbar if it’s a goal, in the NHL.

The pucks batted up high were not goals and were below the shoulder.

The goal still should not count due to incidental goalie interference, imo.

Last edited:

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
GOAL! Goal and 2 assists with almost another assist that hit the crossbar. We're barely halfway through the game lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad