GDT: 2022 World Juniors Championship Part Deux

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Happy you made the thread!

Hughes is more of a known comodity so I'm looking forward to seeing what Hauser is like. A 6,4 Winger definitely intrigues me.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Hard to wrap my head around the fact that Luke is still 18 years old for another month. Nemec is only 5months younger than Luke

Reactions: njdevils1982

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Hard to wrap my head around the fact that Luke is still 18 years old for another month. Nemec is only 5months younger than Luke
I think people tend to flatten draft years and just sort of mentally assume everybody is the same age post-draft. But Luke was a week from entering the 2022 draft instead!

Part of the reason I really think he's the #1 prospect in hockey.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
I just learned now that this was re-scheduled. I had seen news about Luke being named to the team and just thought it was insanely early to be naming the 22-23 squad lol...

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
He declined in order to focus on training/prep for the upcoming season.

I do wonder if he's playing in the AHL this season if he'll decide to go to the 2023 WJC in Dec/Jan?
I hope not, personally I’m against it because there’s no need to risk an injury. Few years back, chicago let dach play and he fractured his wrist in a couple places and lost a year of developement

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Gonna try and catch the 2nd and 3rd period tonight. I wish all the top players from each country would be playing like Salfkovsky , Nemec and others but it is what it is. Wanted to see Mitchkov too but than I remembered Russia and Belarus were kicked out of the IIHF for the time being....Hoping Luke impresses and USA wins it all. Bedard is going to go off this tournament 100%.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Anyone know if Luke is going to get top pair minutes? or planned to at least

Can’t wait for Luke to have a few bad games and the board melting down. Good times ahead! :sarcasm:
if he popped off, it'd be really encouraging. I'm not expecting it honestly. The guy's still 18

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Anyone know if Luke is going to get top pair minutes? or planned to at least

if he popped off, it'd be really encouraging. I'm not expecting it honestly. The guy's still 18
I’m not expecting the moon either. Kid’s a top 5 prospect regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad