GDT: 2022 World Juniors Championship Part Deux

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Peace will happen at some point. An armistice or at least a cease fire with diplomacy taking over. Hopefully soon. Modern warfare is very expensive and as long as the west provides material to Ukraine it will be an economic drain on Russia which will give incentive to resolve things without further bloodshed. Stay safe in the meantime. We understand the conflict is not your decision and while we in the west take our freedom of speech for granted I know it can be different in different parts of the world which, along with the language barrier, may impact your ability to communicate on the subject. Hockey with Russia will eventually be played again. I am confident of that.
Freedom of speech was never problem. Economic isn’t as big problem as it painted in western papers. The real problems are different. We have relatives, friends and colleagues there, on both sides. people are very close to each other and it’s very different than different journalists from different sides are trying tell. And I’m not the journalist, no matter how close I’m for different people there. I’m not tellin about it because it’s not a place for it. For every people here I’m just a guy from specific side of the conflict and if I’m tellin something, no matter what, people will making some wrong conclusions. But I’m not a side of the conflict. I’m just citizen. Like the most of people everywhere. Everything I really can is work, love my wife and help people around me. People who are against this. Against any actions from any sides. of which there are a lot in this very long conflict.
And this place(as I see it) is for hockey talks. Sport was a place and an instrument to unite people. There were a long period when sport was invite in political games, but it’s political games. I still love my family, good people around me and people who loves sport, wants to communicate by the way of sport and getting closer. I’m here for that, not for telling the “white”truth or “black“ truth.
Or grey truth. If someone can’t live with it, he can go spend time with himself, if the most of people can’t accept it, so I don't belong here. Before that I’m here for people who likes to communicate with me and for hockey, that should unite people. In my vision.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Freedom of speech was never problem. Economic isn’t as big problem as it painted in western papers. The real problems are different. We have relatives, friends and colleagues there, on both sides. people are very close to each other and it’s very different than different journalists from different sides are trying tell. And I’m not the journalist, no matter how close I’m for different people there. I’m not tellin about it because it’s not a place for it. For every people here I’m just a guy from specific side of the conflict and if I’m tellin something, no matter what, people will making some wrong conclusions. But I’m not a side of the conflict. I’m just citizen. Like the most of people everywhere. Everything I really can is work, love my wife and help people around me. People who are against this. Against any actions from any sides. of which there are a lot in this very long conflict.
And this place(as I see it) is for hockey talks. Sport was a place and an instrument to unite people. There were a long period when sport was invite in political games, but it’s political games. I still love my family, good people around me and people who loves sport, wants to communicate by the way of sport and getting closer. I’m here for that, not for telling the “white”truth or “black“ truth.
Or grey truth. If someone can’t live with it, he can go spend time with himself, if the most of people can’t accept it, so I don't belong here. Before that I’m here for people who likes to communicate with me and for hockey, that should unite people. In my vision.
Honestly, I'm glad to hear freedom of speech doesn't seem to be an issue for you. That incident with the Flyers prospect goalie sounded like there may be some old school KGB nonsense still going on and numerous Russian players not saying anything about the conflict suggests to me they may have some worries. In any event, I agree with your sentiments. Hockey should unite people and be a distraction from the problems of the world. As for the truth, I've always preferred a nice tartan plaid. Take care of your family, be safe, and please participate here. Your comments are always worthwhile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad