Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
94014D1A-EBEC-472C-893E-B815697E64F0.jpeg

7BFA7C58-9AD2-42A2-827E-71C740A432DE.jpeg

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Most of the seeded teams shouldn't have problems, Germany probably got the softest group, England got some tricky away trips but they also have Andorra-San Marino in the same group and I already see the article from their media bitching about playing games "beneath" them

Out of the seeds Denmark probably got the most tricky group, though Austria are inconsistent and I still am not totally convinced with Scotland away from home. The Dutch under De Boer don't inspire much confidence, Turkey is a team who seem to be on the up (they gave France problems in qualifying) and Norway has a good generation coming through. Croatia will make it difficult for themselves as usual but are favorites on paper but I already see them dropping points in Slovenia or Cyprus

edit: Saw Scotland-Israel again, they've played each other every month it seems this year :D

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Most of the seeded teams shouldn't have problems, Germany probably got the softest group, England got some tricky away trips but they also have Andorra-San Marino in the same group and I already see the article from their media bitching about playing games "beneath" them

Out of the seeds Denmark probably got the most tricky group, though Austria are inconsistent and I still am not totally convinced with Scotland away from home. The Dutch under De Boer don't inspire much confidence, Turkey is a team who seem to be on the up (they gave France problems in qualifying) and Norway has a good generation coming through. Croatia will make it difficult for themselves as usual but are favorites on paper but I already see them dropping points in Slovenia or Cyprus

edit: Saw Scotland-Israel again, they've played each other every month it seems this year :D

Danish coach and Danish media are over the moon with this group tho.

Denmark are the worst of the seeded teams tho, so I think they would always have the trickiest group of the seeds.

Austria fits Denmark well, but Scotland could be an issue.

The rest are
must wins home and away.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Norwegian commentators so wanted that group, with Denmark and Austria. Netherlands and Turkey are of course much, much harder.
Denmark also REALLY wanted Norway.
More for the brotherly conpetition, and because Norway are better than the level Denmark have ever faced them

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I think it’ll be pretty straightforward for the seeded teams too. Aside from Denmark, I think Holland too maybe may be where there is chance for some complications. They have come a long way in the past couple of years, but are still having consistency issues, while Turkey, although being relegated to the C league in the NL are in a golden gen of sorts and on their day can be really good. Norway has potential to use this qualification to solidify the same label for their current generation.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

The Dutch & Danish groups seem like they'll be the most interesting to neutrals.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't expect Norway to beat Holland of course (or Turkey for that matter), but when you got:

Haaland - Sørloth/King

Hauge - Berge - XXXXX - Ødegaard

Then you got a shot at basically anyone in a lucky moment in my opinion.

I like the group. I think teams will drop points a bit all over the place. Don't see Montenegro and maybe also Latvia just being beat in all games - especially not at home. Should be interesting.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
The Dutch & Danish groups seem like they'll be the most interesting to neutrals.
I and most Danes will be dissapointed with anything but a 1st place tbh.

It is the "easiest" group we have had for as long as I can remember.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I don't expect Norway to beat Holland of course (or Turkey for that matter), but when you got:

Haaland - Sørloth/King

Hauge - Berge - XXXXX - Ødegaard

Then you got a shot at basically anyone in a lucky moment in my opinion.

I like the group. I think teams will drop points a bit all over the place. Don't see Montenegro and maybe also Latvia just being beat in all games - especially not at home. Should be interesting.

If you had a better defence, I would honestly have you as favourites.

I don't really rate this Turkish "golden gen".

and the Dutch are not unbeatable.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
If you had a better defence, I would honestly have you as favourites.

I don't really rate this Turkish "golden gen".

and the Dutch are not unbeatable.

Definitely the weak spot. Especially the CDs. Ajer has got all the potential in the world, but still not there yet. Our full backs are decent. Jarstein has also been brilliant for the national team - even if he is getting old and unfortunately has lost his place in Berlin.

Maybe this qualifier is a bit too early, but Solbakken I believe set a record with Copenhagen in number of European games without conceding more than 1 goal. Solbakken is an excellent organiser. Could very well be the perfect fit for that team.

Got high high hopes for the Euro 2024. Obviously things are never that easy to predict, will they all live up to their promise? But never before have Norway had anything close to this in terms of individual quality going forward. And all of those players listed are young.

Pretty certain Holland and Turkey didn't want Norway from the 3rd seed at least.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Definitely the weak spot. Especially the CDs. Ajer has got all the potential in the world, but still not there yet. Our full backs are decent. Jarstein has also been brilliant for the national team - even if he is getting old and unfortunately has lost his place in Berlin.

Maybe this qualifier is a bit too early, but Solbakken I believe set a record with Copenhagen in number of European games without conceding more than 1 goal. Solbakken is an excellent organiser. Could very well be the perfect fit for that team.

Got high high hopes for the Euro 2024. Obviously things are never that easy to predict, will they all live up to their promise? But never before have Norway had anything close to this in terms of individual quality going forward. And all of those players listed are young.

Pretty certain Holland and Turkey didn't want Norway from the 3rd seed at least.

For sure the best 3rd seed team imo!

I think you and Holland are the favourites to win this group. Even with your D.

Norway have seemed hungry when I have seen them play.

Solbakken is a legend in Denmark, alot of if not most fans (incl. me) of FCK have sided with Ståle, and are pissed he was fired.

Reactions: Havre

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Decent chance that Polska finishes 1st in their group.
Yeah, England are a f***ing headscratch.

Looked like a world class team during EC qual.

Looked shite in nations league.

You are a lock for at least 2nd place tho imo.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Also, even tho the razzle and dazzle of Iceland has tempered.
They could very well qualify from their group.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I think Iceland are done. Romania doesn't look like a good side though - based on the one game we played them in the Nations League. So should be very open for the 2nd spot.

Always some team that surprises. Difficult to say who it will be. Hopefully it will be Norway winning the group. If I remember correctly Norway won the group before 94 with Holland (and England, Poland and Turkey - talk about crazy group).

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Also, even tho the razzle and dazzle of Iceland has tempered.
They could very well qualify from their group.

I must admit I haven't followed Iceland much. It's been a country Norway of some reason has tended to draw to much in the last decade, a good thing that just couldn't happen this time. But I assume Iceland have had their fun TBH. They are falling, and Romania are climbing, on the ranking. And Germany isn't gonna lose the games 7-0 in this group.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I must admit I haven't followed Iceland much. It's been a country Norway of some reason has tended to draw to much in the last decade, a good thing that just couldn't happen this time. But I assume Iceland have had their fun TBH. They are falling, and Romania are climbing, on the ranking. And Germany isn't gonna lose the games 7-0 in this group.
Ok I should rephrase.

No way they qualify directly, but 2nd place is by no means out of reach.

Didn't Iceland just recently best Romania in NL over two games?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I and most Danes will be dissapointed with anything but a 1st place tbh.

It is the "easiest" group we have had for as long as I can remember.

Which is fair, as you should win this group...especially with what a disappointment the Austrians are most of the time. But purely on talent, the gap between you & the Austrian's is probably the smallest between any pot 1 & 2 teams of all these groups.

It's probably just because I over-rate the Austrians given how interesting they would be if they got to gel together over a club schedule and that they are usually at their best whenever they play our NT. But all of the other groups look even more clear than yours & that of the Dutch.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Which is fair, as you should win this group...especially with what a disappointment the Austrians are most of the time. But purely on talent, the gap between you & the Austrian's is probably the smallest between any pot 1 & 2 teams of all these groups.

It's probably just because I over-rate the Austrians given how interesting they would be if they got to gel together over a club schedule and that they are usually at their best whenever they play our NT. But all of the other groups look even more clear than yours & that of the Dutch.

Oh for sure, it is only natural as Denmark are arguably the weakest pot 1 team so the distance to pot 2 and 3 is alot shorter.

So I get why pot 2 and 3 teams are happy drawing Denmark.

This is not at all an easy group for us, but we have faced harder groups and qualified, so it would be defeatist not to see ourselves as favoutites.

But I agree with your post for sure.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Iceland are done. Romania doesn't look like a good side though - based on the one game we played them in the Nations League. So should be very open for the 2nd spot.

Always some team that surprises. Difficult to say who it will be. Hopefully it will be Norway winning the group. If I remember correctly Norway won the group before 94 with Holland (and England, Poland and Turkey - talk about crazy group).

Romania keeps almost developing these young talents with CL potential that never quite put it together at the senior level enough to approach that caliber & instead end up just sporadically fun to watch. The kind of group that can be surprisingly good & frustratingly disappointing in the same cycle...kinda like the czechs have been recently...though I do still really like to watch Razvan Marin when he's on form and want the likes of Coman, Man, Puscas, Hagi, etc. to be better than they actually are.

Reactions: Havre

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Austria is about on par with Norway D :laugh:

Difficult to predict that one. Agree that it feels like Austria got a decent potential.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
portugal - serbia
spain - sweden
italy - swiss
france - bosnia
belgium - wales
denmark - austria
netherlands - norway
croatia - russia
england - poland