GDT: 2022 World Cup Qatar | Canada: Nov 23 @ 12PM vs. Belgium, Nov 27 @ 9AM vs. Croatia, Dec 1 @ 8AM vs. Morocco

How many games will Canada win at the World Cup?

• Total voters

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
However, next up is the team that finished 2nd at the last World Cup. At least they seem to be showing that they can play with the big boys.

The same problem that's plaguing Belgium will also plague Croatia.

Their team is aging and by most accounts have lost a step. There's exceptions (Modric and KDB) but a speedy attack can do a lot.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
It’s a shame David’s play in the first half didn’t match that of his teammates up front. They could have scored at least 3 goals.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The same problem that's plaguing Belgium will also plague Croatia.

Their team is aging and by most accounts have lost a step. There's exceptions (Modric and KDB) but a speedy attack can do a lot.
I thought Morocco dominated them in the second half. Fitness could be an issue for them going forward.

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Canada has been the better team the entire game honestly

I really hate to make the comparison, but they kind of Oiler'd this game. All due respect to Courtois but it wasn't exactly the best attempt from a player of Davies' calibre.

I think they can win against Croatia and Morocco, but they absolutely must take advantage of some of these opportunities, too many missed ones at the start

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
I really hate to make the comparison, but they kind of Oiler'd this game. All due respect to Courtois but it wasn't exactly the best attempt from a player of Davies' calibre.

I think they can win against Croatia and Morocco, but they absolutely must take advantage of some of these opportunities, too many missed ones at the start
Agreed. Canada was the better team overall but SO MANY wasted chances

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Looks like a game reminiscent of the Oilers.
Be the dominating team, bounces don't go their ways, opponent goalies play well, and then lose.

Bah.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don’t mind this result. Goal differential will be huge and I think 4 points takes second in the group.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Agreed. Canada was the better team overall but SO MANY wasted chances
Part of it is Belgium is very good, and they can limit the opportunities to they aren't quite as good as they could be. They got "in the way" alot.

Canada played a hell of game, tough result. Proud of this team and this effort.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Looks like a game reminiscent of the Oilers.
Be the dominating team, bounces don't go their ways, opponent goalies play well, and then lose.

Bah.
ppfffttt..Oilers don't dominate teams ;)

didn't expect a win but they looked a lot better than most people thought IMO
think we score a goal or 2 in the World Cup, could see a win against Morocco

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

In hockey terms wouldn't this game for Canada have been about a 75xGF% or better. Don't know the last time I saw Edmonton do that.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
ppfffttt..Oilers don't dominate teams ;)

didn't expect a win but they looked a lot better than most people thought IMO
think we score a win or 2 in the World Cup, could see a win against Morocco

They were great. Just sucked that they lost despite being the better team.
I'm not even a fan of soccer/football personally, but it's something I like to watch when it comes to these kind of events.

On to Morocco.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad