OT: 2022 Winter Olympics Thread

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Good effort but in the end it wasn't enough. Congrats Suomi.

And a little something for those who think the Olympics without NHL players don't matter.

They matter to kids that don't have any perspective? That's great, but the NHL missing out on showcasing its product in a best-on-best competition is not good for the NHL or hockey in general.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Sweden gave that away! Up 2-1 in the PSS with 2 shooters to go for them and just 1 for Russia....

S'go Finland, get that gold!

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
From what I saw of Slovakia they looked like a team carried by their young, soon to be NHL players and their depth caught up with them.

Go Finland.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah, Slafkovsky is looking like a Rantanen clone and they got an amazing prospect for next years draft Dalibor Dvorsky. Kopitar put up 1.63 PPG status as a 18 year old, Dvorsky is putting up 1.31 PPG as a 16 year old in the same league as a comparison.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Are you guys super into this Olympics? Just curious. I watched the opening night ceremony and I haven’t turned it on again (was so incredibly disgusted by the political messaging). I read about the Russian skater - and my heart breaks for that girl being only 15 and going through this hell. I don’t doubt that she took the enhancers but I 100% have compassion for her being so young and naive to this all (and having to bear the brunt and be the face of all this controversy - while her coach skates relatively free of criticism).

I’m just curious if you guys see these games as just awesome or super to watch? I think they’re the worst version I can ever remember. I can’t wait for them to be over with.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
I have watched the events I want to watch on Peacock, can’t stand NBC.

The snowboarding was awesome, besides that it’s been fine. No real stars to get pumped about.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
I thought the Swe-Rus game was excellent. Very intense and lots of skilled players. Btw, Nestorov is an extremely likeable character in interviews and on the ice.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Are you guys super into this Olympics? Just curious. I watched the opening night ceremony and I haven’t turned it on again (was so incredibly disgusted by the political messaging). I read about the Russian skater - and my heart breaks for that girl being only 15 and going through this hell. I don’t doubt that she took the enhancers but I 100% have compassion for her being so young and naive to this all (and having to bear the brunt and be the face of all this controversy - while her coach skates relatively free of criticism).

I’m just curious if you guys see these games as just awesome or super to watch? I think they’re the worst version I can ever remember. I can’t wait for them to be over with.
There are sporting events.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad