Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2022-2-20_1-23-11.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tom Werner fired Naoko after the 2013 season in favor of Jamie Erdahl which was unfair.

Jamie is excellent but she was not going to stay in Boston for long.

Naoko is one of the few NBC announcers who did go to China.

upload_2022-2-20_1-42-12.png

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
To celebrate Finland's win over Russia I bring you this bizarre mix

The Leningrad Cowboys are a Finnish rock band who perform rock and roll covers of other songs. They have exaggerated pompadour hairstyles and wear long, pointy shoes. They often work with the Russian military band the Alexandrov Ensemble.

This clip was shot not in Helsinki or St. Petersburg but at Radio City in Manhattan

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
70 year old Craig Ramsey coaching...
Craig Ramsay has been instrumental in making the Slovak team worth watching and a medal threat. First ever medal for the country surely is a nice reward for the great work he has done. He is a hero in Slovakia right now. I don’t think people from big hockey nations can understand how important wins like this are for the small nations ,NHL participation or not.
Cehlarik has also been great for the national team. Always one of the best players on the ice and makes viewers wonder why it didn’t work out in the NHL. I am curious, if there is a future comeback in the cards, though probably not with the Bruins.
Lastly, a 17 year old Slafkovsky has just been named Olympic MVP. Small chance he is still on board when the Bruins are picking, but this guy would be a great Bruin and a fan favorite. Big and heavy, but good skater, skilled, hockey sense, shot, everything is there and sky is the limit. We will probably end up hating him on the Habs or something.

Babajingo

Tom Werner fired Naoko after the 2013 season in favor of Jamie Erdahl which was unfair.

Jamie is excellent but she was not going to stay in Boston for long.

Naoko is one of the few NBC announcers who did go to China.

View attachment 509044

I was pissed when they fired her. She was the most hockey knowledgeable reporter they had.

Reactions: Alicat and BMC

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Craig Ramsay has been instrumental in making the Slovak team worth watching and a medal threat. First ever medal for the country surely is a nice reward for the great work he has done. He is a hero in Slovakia right now. I don’t think people from big hockey nations can understand how important wins like this are for the small nations ,NHL participation or not.
Cehlarik has also been great for the national team. Always one of the best players on the ice and makes viewers wonder why it didn’t work out in the NHL. I am curious, if there is a future comeback in the cards, though probably not with the Bruins.
Lastly, a 17 year old Slafkovsky has just been named Olympic MVP. Small chance he is still on board when the Bruins are picking, but this guy would be a great Bruin and a fan favorite. Big and heavy, but good skater, skilled, hockey sense, shot, everything is there and sky is the limit. We will probably end up hating him on the Habs or something.

Can't imagine Wright has higher upside than this kid.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Happy for Finland, I don’t really care about the Olympics until NHL players are back in it though
Why do you need to see Pros at Olympics which were meant for Amateurs ?Let the pros take their millions and the amateurs have their moment in the sun.Pros were there good chance Finland still never win and prob no Slovakia bronze .

Reactions: BMC

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Why do you need to see Pros at Olympics which were meant for Amateurs ?Let the pros take their millions and the amateurs have their moment in the sun.Pros were there good chance Finland still never win and prob no Slovakia bronze .
Finland might still win, if lucky. Slovakia wouldn’t sniff a medal, and I am saying it as a Slovak. So I am grateful to whoever had a part in the decision not to let NHL participate.

Reactions: CDJ and BMC

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Could a 3-on-3 Hockey Format Work in the Olympics?

Two gold medals were handed out for ice hockey this year at the Winter Olympics. That number could soon grow to four medals if the IOC and IIHF get their wish.

The additional medals could soon come from the Winter Olympics 3-on-3 hockey as a new event.

As current IIHF president Luc Tardif stated late last year about a 3-on-3 hockey event, “We really believe in it. I think it’s important to bring a new format. At the moment, the kids are zapping [between channels]. They’d rather play a one-hour game twice than play two-and-a-half hours. They’re following on TV four games at a time. So, we have to try to bring a new format.”

The possibility of a 3-on-3 tournament would serve as a secondary event to the traditional team competition, similar to the recent addition of 3-on-3 basketball at the Summer Olympics, or the mixed double curling competitions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad