OT - NO POLITICS 2022 Winter Olympics II - Finland wins Men's Hockey Gold

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
0x0.jpg

continued from

OT - NO POLITICS - Winter Olympics - NO politics - Peter Cehlarik eliminates Team USA

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Just saw a piece about Elena Meyers Taylor on the Nightly News about her little boy and her husband and they are just the cutest little family.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
My god the post competition video is so much harder to watch now. A lot of that was not seen this morning when it was live.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
It is about damn time. Maybe next time don’t give her the best coach of the year award…

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
That was tough to watch. I didnt see it in 2018 but watched the clip of the end there and it was the same thing. One Russian girl crying that she lost and the winner hugging a teddy bear awkwardly looking at the ground.

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It is about damn time. Maybe next time don’t give her the best coach of the year award…

I had all I could do not to get up and punch my tv after that bitch jumped all over the kid when she came off of the ice. I feel badly for Valieva, she's only 15. That said she should not have been allowed to skate. Everyone would have understood a ban and she would have been spared all of this. I just pray her life hasn't been wrecked beyond repair though clearly it has been damaged.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I had all I could do not to get up and punch my tv after that bitch jumped all over the kid when she came off of the ice. I feel badly for Valieva, she's only 15. That said she should not have been allowed to skate. Everyone would have understood a ban and she would have been spared all of this. I just pray her life hasn't been wrecked beyond repair though clearly it has been damaged.
That same bitch is coaching a pairs team today at their competition.

Her training center should be shut down and she and her staff should be banned for life.

I really hope there is a way to get these girls away from her but sadly they and their families have been brainwashed and Kamila is going to be under smothering protection from the government I'm sure

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
That same bitch is coaching a pairs team today at their competition.

Her training center should be shut down and she and her staff should be banned for life.

I really hope there is a way to get these girls away from her but sadly they and their families have been brainwashed and Kamila is going to be under smothering protection from the government I'm sure

I would substitute "bribed" for brainwashed. Russian athletes who win medals are financially set for life (and that doesn't include outside endorsements).

Reactions: Alicat

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Two time silver bros are coming for the gold first time ever. Sucks that it's not NHL vs. NHL, but atleast we have a proper chance now.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I just want Slovakia to win the Bronze.

Russia/Finland I'm ambivalent towards. It'd be nice for Finland to get their first gold though.

Reactions: bbfan419

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad