OT - NO POLITICS 2022 Winter Olympics II - Finland wins Men's Hockey Gold

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Why do you need to see Pros at Olympics which were meant for Amateurs ?Let the pros take their millions and the amateurs have their moment in the sun.Pros were there good chance Finland still never win and prob no Slovakia bronze .

because to me the Olympics are about the best athletes in the world and I apologize to Brian O’Neill- euro legend, made a great career for himself- but he’s probably the 500th best US hockey player. Like he’s not an “amateur” player and neither are these players that play the Slovak league/KHL/etc…..they’re just inferior in talent. So that amateur argument is nonsense unless it’s teenagers from every country…..and we already have that in the world juniors

just a personal opinion, I don’t find fault with anybody who throughly enjoys an inferior product more though

Reactions: bbfan419

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I've been busy renovating a converted garage the entire month and wound up watching like 10 minutes of the entire olympics. Doesn't help that everything is tape delayed or on overnight. I used to love watching the different events and ceremonies and such, but I'm accepting that that's something for young people with no responsibilities and that those days are probably over (besides, the IOC makes it so hard with the scheduling and far east host cities).

World Cup is the international event I'll go out of my way to try to watch as much as I can of. But even that is going to be difficult this year with Qatar and it being in like September/October. FIFA is almost as corrupt and self-sabotaging as the IOC is. Almost.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Great Olympics. Putting the major political issues around China hosting the games aside, it was a very well organized event, a lot of athletes put in great performances, we had 4 Aussies do really well and a bunch of others give it their best, and we had a lot of fun watching all manner of different sports. Friendly time zone for us helped too, and the whole event was another ratings bonanza for our local broadcaster, who it has to be said mostly do a very good job in their coverage. To top it all off it was great to see Finland finally land gold in the men's hockey final. Bring on Milan!

Reactions: Fenway

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I was a huge Naoko detractor, but I've come around and now believe she was in an untenable situation here and forced to ask dumb questions which made her seem less knowledgeable than she is.
I only didn't care for Naoko because she replaced Rob Simpson who was the most entertaining rinkside reporter they ever had.

But yeah, they kinda dumbed it down and made her ask simplistic questions when she knows a lot more than NESN made it appear.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I was a huge Naoko detractor, but I've come around and now believe she was in an untenable situation here and forced to ask dumb questions which made her seem less knowledgeable than she is.

Naoko did her homework and earned the respect of Julien.

Jamie Erdahl was from Minnesota but she was not that well versed in hockey and Claude told NESN I will talk to Jack and Brick. Sarah Davis was largely forgettable in Boston and then came

tumblr_pswh1ea3pS1vk27sz_640.jpg

Today we are lucky to have Sophia who Sportsnet in Canada laid off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad