WJC: 2022 Team USA Roster Talk

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Pastujov couldn't keep up with the play but you want to elevate him?

You have concerns with guys like Mazur but you want Janicke on the team? Lol
Don't bother. You're arguing with someone that believes McGroaty will get 90 points in the NHL, defends the selection of Boucher at #10 OA in 2021, and believes Chesley should have been taken in the top 10 in 2022.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hate to pile on here, but for you to leave out Mazur AFTER he played and is in contention for tournament All-Star team is absolutely mind-boggling. Not on the third line or the fourth line or even, God forbid, a fifth line press box guy, but completely off the team!

This is pure insanity. You honestly need to look at your inability to admit you’ve made a mistake. Most of us are stubborn with our opinions, but this is far beyond that.
Why should Mazur have been on the team? Because he had a few goals against a bunch of bad teams playing on a line with the team's best forward? My opinion doesn't change as the wind blows. Yours seems to.

He's a now 20 year old third round pick that was sixth on his own NCAA. He's entering what should be his 3rd NCAA season. He was sixth on his own NCAA team in scoring. Every player I named in the top 9 was drafted higher than him or on the team the prior year. He's not a bottom line type of player either.

What has he done to earn a spot in the top 9? Please don't tell me it's some after the fact he scored goals against Austria and Latvia nonsense. Do you think he'll rank higher on any prospect list than the players I named? If the answer is no, I'm not sure why you'd disagree with anything I've said.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Why should Mazur have been on the team? Because he had a few goals against a bunch of bad teams playing on a line with the team's best forward? My opinion doesn't change as the wind blows. Yours seems to.

He's a now 20 year old third round pick that was sixth on his own NCAA. He's entering what should be his 3rd NCAA season. He was sixth on his own NCAA team in scoring. Every player I named in the top 9 was drafted higher than him or on the team the prior year. He's not a bottom line type of player either.

What has he done to earn a spot in the top 9? Please don't tell me it's some after the fact he scored goals against Austria and Latvia nonsense. Do you think he'll rank higher on any prospect list than the players I named? If the answer is no, I'm not sure why you'd disagree with anything I've said.

Nothing you stated has any relevance to who's a better player now.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Mackie wasn't a problem but wasn't as much a difference maker as I had hoped. I still stand by the rest of my point.
I'm biased, but it seems like he was stuck on the third line the entire time and had some bad puck luck. Not sure why he wasn't on the first line to be honest

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver

He literally scored the one goal in crunch time when the US needed goals. None of those guys you wanted on the top two lines did that.

To admit your wrong every now and again isn’t changing your mind as the wind blows. It’s called being rational.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He literally scored the one goal in crunch time when the US needed goals. None of those guys you wanted on the top two lines did that.

To admit your wrong every now and again isn’t changing your mind as the wind blows. It’s called being rational.
In other words, it's about that he had some goals against bad teams in a short tournament the team sucked in. It's not that he actually had qualifications that deserved a spot on the team. I tend to look at these decisions with foresight, not hindsight. If I'm wrong that Mazur is this great player, tag me in a few years when he's having success in the NHL. I could remind you of the players I preferred and how they do, if you'd like.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
In other words, it's about that he had some goals against bad teams in a short tournament the team sucked in. It's not that he actually had qualifications that deserved a spot on the team. I tend to look at these decisions with foresight, not hindsight. If I'm wrong that Mazur is this great player, tag me in a few years when he's having success in the NHL. I could remind you of the players I preferred and how they do, if you'd like.
Now that the tournament is over for the US we are ABSOLUTELY allowed to use hindsight. :laugh:

It was the FORESIGHT by team USA coaches that correctly saw Mazur as a key contributor and they were 100% correct.

As others have pointed out, his success or lack thereof in the NHL in a few years is of zero consequence.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
How many times do you need to be told that their draft position or what they may do in the NHL in a few years has ZERO to do with their performance on the team now?
You're a broken record and sad.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
How many times do you need to be told that their draft position or what they may do in the NHL in a few years has ZERO to do with their performance on the team now?
You're a broken record and sad.
It's sad that you think it's your job on this website to lecture me what I can think.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I will say the offense on this team was disappointing. It should have been good enough to make up for questionable goaltending, especially since the defense was a strength of the team. Too many passengers at crunch time.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Is Knies hurt? I havent watched much but i see Leafs fans wildn out about him all over the main boards. 3 assists seems.....a little weak based on his reputation.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Is Knies hurt? I havent watched much but i see Leafs fans wildn out about him all over the main boards. 3 assists seems.....a little weak based on his reputation.
He had a bit of a quiet tournament. Did look great in one game, but otherwise was a non-factor. Hadn’t heard anything about an injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad