WJC: 2022 Sweden Roster Talk

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I dunno how much you can blame the players on a team like this. The coaching was just asleep at the wheel. Did they even shuffle the lines once? Like at some point, it was clear that things weren't working... and seemingly they did nothing. The end result is that a lot of really well thought of prospects performed quite badly.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
But still, Lekkerimäki has been praised a whole lot. Even if Kemell has a really bad shot accuracy i consider him as the better prospect for now and therefor i'm quite shocked Lekkerimäki wasn't able to create anything worth mentioning considering his draft pick.

Depending on the goalies performances. If Czechias goalie can match Wallstedts performance i also believe that they can upset in the bronze medal game.

Kemell is to Lekkerimäki what Tolvanen was to Pettersson.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Kemell is to Lekkerimäki what Tolvanen was to Pettersson.

Complete nonsense. Kemell was just as good at Lekkerimäki in u18's, he carried Finland.
In this tournament both countries has struggled but Kemell has still produced. Even with a tougher group.
At the professional level amongst men they have been pretty similar so far.

Yeah, for now, your comment is nothing but biased bs.

Name something in Lekkerimäkis game in this tournament that stood out? Without those never ending excuses. Exactly, not that much.
Please, exclude the Montén factor because Pennanen has coached his team at a similar level for most of this tournament.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Sorry for interrupting any roster talk, but figured this would be the best spot for this question. Any one know if or when tickets for the 2024 world juniors are going to be going on sale for the tournament in Gothenburg? Any info would be great. Thanks!

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
It really is just a handful of games in the middle of summer. Rating Kemell higher isn't crazy at all but don't base it on this tournament only.
I can easily agree with your opinion.

Just funny how someone feels the need to compare these two talents with EP and earlier drafts. Completely different style of players and they're not even centers.
I guess it was a cheap and bitter try to provoke.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
It really is just a handful of games in the middle of summer. Rating Kemell higher isn't crazy at all but don't base it on this tournament only.
I don't think Kemell has been as impressive as his point totals indicate.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I don't think Kemell has been as impressive as his point totals indicate.
Agreed.

But the thing is, Lekkerimäki was a complete non factor in this tournament. So to state that it would be like comparing Tolvanen to EP today? Well, it's nothing but laughable. There's not that big of a gap.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Wanted a little more out of Edvinsson but he also didnt get any PP or PK time + swedish forwards were terrible and soft - imo it boils down to boring poor coaching

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Agreed.

But the thing is, Lekkerimäki was a complete non factor in this tournament. So to state that it would be like comparing Tolvanen to EP today? Well, it's nothing but laughable. There's not that big of a gap.
I think the point is that these tournaments are fairly meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

EP had 1 point in 6 games at the WJ at the same age. He followed that up with an August showcase where he was heavily criticized. He went on to have a record breaking season in SHL. Now I don't expect that type of D+1 out of Lek but his performance in men's league this year is much more important beacon of his development.

Lek has to hit the gym over the next few seasons but that's true of most 18 year olds. Let's see where he is at in 2 years and how much he has progressed before making any quick judgements based on a nothing tourney.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
This is not even speculation
Here is the thing.

Sam Hallam is gonna have 2 assistent coaches. Stefan Klockare was added long time ago. Why is the second assistent not named yet? Its probaly because they are waiting on this wjc tournament to be over, then they are gonna add Monten.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Here is the thing.

Sam Hallam is gonna have 2 assistent coaches. Stefan Klockare was added long time ago. Why is the second assistent not named yet? Its probaly because they are waiting on this wjc tournament to be over, then they are gonna add Monten.

That would be gross. It’s also like saying “We don’t trust you so we’re going to put the old coach as your assistant to watch you incase you f*** up so we can replace you with him.”

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Regarding Lekkerimaki, I think most Canuck fans on here have been pretty clear eyed on his disappointing performance. Some have excused It due to age (not me, however) but almost nobody has said that he has actually been good.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
That would be gross. It’s also like saying “We don’t trust you so we’re going to put the old coach as your assistant to watch you incase you f*** up so we can replace you with him.”
Hallam is the head coach of Swedens mens team. Monten is a terrible game coach but maybe he adds something useful in an assistant role

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Here is the thing.

”They” are not gonna add anyone. Hallam stated himself that HE was in charge of choosing his own assistants.

Maybe the federation will try to pressure Hallam into choosing Montén as an assistant. Maybe Hallam decides that he doesn’t need 3 assistant coaches and decides to slim the coaching roster up. You don’t know at all what will happen yet.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
”They” are not gonna add anyone. Hallam stated himself that HE was in charge of choosing his own assistants.

Maybe the federation will try to pressure Hallam into choosing Montén as an assistant. Maybe Hallam decides that he doesn’t need 3 assistant coaches and decides to slim the coaching roster up. You don’t know at all what will happen yet.
The swedish federation are in charge, not Hallam. The federation decides everything.

Hallam have 1 assistent right now, Stefan Klockare. Often its 2 assiststens, so 1 spot left to fill.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
The swedish federation are in charge, not Hallam. The federation decides everything.

Hallam have 1 assistent right now, Stefan Klockare. Often its 2 assiststens, so 1 spot left to fill.
Okay don’t trust what he says then. Keep your conspiracy.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Official tally of goals

Sjodin - 1

Lekkerimaki and Ohgren combined - 0

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Biggest disappointment for me was Wallinder. Suprised how nobody is giving him critic. He was horrible in every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad