GDT: 2022 STANLEY CUP discussion thread Part 8. Final four. New York 6-3(2) vs Tampa Bay 2-2(0) and Colorado 8-4-4(3) vs Edmonton 6-0-2(0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
After seeing that Kadri hit again from another angle it looks like a left shoulder or maybe collarbone injury to me. Huge loss for the Avs if he can't return during these playoffs.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Edmonton running out of gas is no surprise. It's still the top heavy team with no depth they always were. Just that some of their new outsiders like Kane and Hyman actually had some impact. I mean, when I hear Josh Archibald, Zack Kassian, etc, I just feel no O. And Kailer Yamamoto is a pretender smurf skill player. The guy generates nothing.

Also, their D is not spectacular yet. Nurse and Barrie underwhelming. Bouchard could be something real good...in the future.

Reactions: NewEraGM

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It was Morehouse that pushed for trading up to draft Miller, and picking Lindgren & Schneider. I’d say he’s had some impact - I’m not even counting Lafreniere…

Morehouse has had an Al Murray type impact on the NYR roster, that’s why Gorton’s guys Bobrov left and Drury’s guy Morehouse stayed

I don't know what you're smoking.

The guy who joined after the 2019 draft made a push for a pick in 2018, while he was a scout for Columbus ?

The guy who joined a few months after John Davidson, the previous Columbus president and, small detail, his father in law, was named President of the Rangers, is apparently a Drury hire ? You don't think it might having something to do with him following his father in law ?

And he had an Al Murray type of impact.... Meaning getting a Kucherov and Point ? Where ? Who are you referring to here? I remember when Gorton told his scouting staff that if they identified a player worth trading up for (Schneider), he would do it. Was that Drury controlling his speech at that moment ? And why would you even mention Lafreniere, as clear cut a number 1 as you could have that year, lmao.

You're making some strange leaps here.

Reactions: Hullois

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I don't know what you're smoking.

The guy who joined after the 2019 draft made a push for a pick in 2018, while he was a scout for Columbus ?

The guy who joined a few months after John Davidson, the previous Columbus president and, small detail, his father in law, was named President of the Rangers, is apparently a Drury hire ? You don't think it might having something to do with him following his father in law ?

And he had an Al Murray type of impact.... Meaning getting a Kucherov and Point ? Where ? Who are you referring to here? I remember when Gorton told his scouting staff that if they identified a player worth trading up for (Schneider), he would do it. Was that Drury controlling his speech at that moment ? And why would you even mention Lafreniere, as clear cut a number 1 as you could have that year, lmao.

You're making some strange leaps here.
Whatever it was … wasn’t any good. I was wrong, confusing Gordie Clarke who Sather had put in back in mid-2000s before Gorton joined NYR with Morehouse.

Thanks

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Food for thought. The way the Panthers crumbled against a Tampa team that is weaker than they were the past few years, is it not possible that they are so psychologically damaged that they finish bottom 10 next year? Weirder things have happened, just sayin' ............ :sarcasm:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Smith is so bad it's a miracle they got that far.

Price and Gally for Nurse? Would you do it
Oilers won't trade Nurse. There's absolutely no question that he's playing through something too. I expect groin injury of some type.

He is usually a pretty powerful skater, and that's not showing at all during these playoffs.

He is simply not this bad.

Reactions: Belial

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
After seeing that Kadri hit again from another angle it looks like a left shoulder or maybe collarbone injury to me. Huge loss for the Avs if he can't return during these playoffs.
Kane said his hand.

Could be broken wrist, thumb, hand. Apparently he left arena with cast on his arm.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Food for thought. The way the Panthers crumbled against a Tampa team that is weaker than they were the past few years, is it not possible that they are so psychologically damaged that they finish bottom 10 next year? Weirder things have happened, just sayin' ............ :sarcasm:
First, they will have cap space issues. They only have 5 dmen and 9 forwards signed for next season with $3.9m in cap space available. That means they can't resign Marchment and their expensive deadline acquisitions (Chiarot/Giroux).

Their next year roster will probably be a bit different...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It was such a buyers market for goalies. That Edmonton GM deserves to get fired.
Everyone knew............the goaltending would kill them............remember at the deadline, the Allen to the Oilers was all but done............something hit a snag....we all thought Allen was gone.
The Kulak deal also included Allen, and then it didn't.

Reactions: the

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Edmonton running out of gas is no surprise. It's still the top heavy team with no depth they always were. Just that some of their new outsiders like Kane and Hyman actually had some impact. I mean, when I hear Josh Archibald, Zack Kassian, etc, I just feel no O. And Kailer Yamamoto is a pretender smurf skill player. The guy generates nothing.

Also, their D is not spectacular yet. Nurse and Barrie underwhelming. Bouchard could be something real good...in the future.
Klefbom would have helped a lot.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Everyone knew............the goaltending would kill them............remember at the deadline, the Allen to the Oilers was all but done............something hit a snag....we all thought Allen was gone.
The Kulak deal also included Allen, and then it didn't.
Just like Subban could have been there and Taylor Hall here. But the two GM's wanted more.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
They just had 9 days off so game one was not going to be their best effort. They will be different tonight and look for old man Perry, he will find a way to contribute.
It was practically a guaranteed lose game,everyone knew it. lol
Losing the second game and looking like the worse may end their reign but of course not having Point is a huge loss,totally disrupts their balance.

Reactions: Bahama Mama

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Is it possible the Rangers sweep the Lightning?
Tampa looks bad

Definitely, stranger things have happened.

We know tampa can play better, but we haven't seen any 3 peats in 4 decades for muktiple reasons. It's not easy for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad