GDT: 2022 STANLEY CUP discussion thread Part 8. Final four. New York 6-3(2) vs Tampa Bay 2-2(0) and Colorado 8-4-4(3) vs Edmonton 6-0-2(0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
At this point, I usually feel like a team has been lucky to get this far. Last year it was the Habs, the year before, the Stars, before that the Canes, but this year, it feels like no team is out of place.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
At this point, I usually feel like a team has been lucky to get this far. Last year it was the Habs, the year before, the Stars, before that the Canes, but this year, it feels like no team is out of place.
The Rangers got to a game 7 against a team icing Louis Domingue for 6 and 1/3 games.

Also, the Rangers got to a game 7 against a team icing Raanta, the number 2 goalie.

They are the lucky team thus far and have no business going to the Eastern finals. To me, this is where it ends for them.

Jul 6, 2016
Maybe Carolina would had won with Andersen in goal ???? Anyway, gonna now see the Russian goalies show in the Eastern Conference Finals, and Mc vs Mac in the West.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
What Carolina could have done with that 1st rd pick and 6.1M!
I don’t think they shouted KK before the offer sheet.

Reactions: Goalfield22

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
The Rangers got to a game 7 against a team icing Louis Domingue for 6 and 1/3 games.

Also, the Rangers got to a game 7 against a team icing Raanta, the number 2 goalie.

They are the lucky team thus far and have no business going to the Eastern finals. To me, this is where it ends for them.
All true, and for my part it was the Oilers and Smith and their defence that I viewed as the one team that shouldn't make it to the semifinals when the playoffs started.

But they have two superstars who turned it on, and it's often that kind of stories plus the team buying in behind them that leads to the Stanley Cup.

Same goes for the Rangers IMO, they have solid players at all positions. We're only halfway through the playoffs and some of their players seem like they just got it turned on this series. I'm not ready to write then off

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
So no clown choreography celebration in Carolina tonight eh, that’s a bummer. I guess their arrogant fans always have the next nascar event to look forward to or something!

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Crikey these playoffs have been fraught with so many defensive lapses and awareness with more than a few occasions of shoddy goalkeeping. Tampa seems the only ''competent'' team so far.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Should of drafted Brady!!!

I remember how many on where touting KK as some kind of playoff warrior. Nope, he’s still Bambi.

But he is still young.

Reactions: rik schau

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Pretty sure I made a post about it a while back, but I was low key loving the Rangers deadline moves of Copp and Vatrano back when they happened. Both have been incredible additions.
Rangers built a good playoff team. Even Braun was a good pickup. That being said Buchnevich for Blais is one of the worst trades of all time.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Pretty sure I made a post about it a while back, but I was low key loving the Rangers deadline moves of Copp and Vatrano back when they happened. Both have been incredible additions.
Galant has been using Copp more than Zibanejad lately, you could say Copp made them reach the east final.

In games 6 and 7, Copp played almost 20 minutes a game, that's what you call an impactful TDL acquisition.

Reactions: le_sean

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm gonna go avs in 5. The avs are the high octane team that the oilers haven't had to deal with yet, and Smith can't provide the goaltending that it will take to get past Colorado.

Then I have the lightning in 6. I think tampa will dispose of new York quite easily, but I do think they will lose game one after that long layoff. The rangers will see vasilevsky is not a #2 or #3 goalie, which is the only thing they have faced all post season so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad