GDT: 2022 STANLEY CUP discussion thread Part 8. Final four. New York 6-3(2) vs Tampa Bay 2-2(0) and Colorado 8-4-4(3) vs Edmonton 6-0-2(0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Stating the obvious: Gerard Gallant is one helluva coach! Panthers and Vegas were stupid to let him go!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The Rangers got to a game 7 against a team icing Louis Domingue for 6 and 1/3 games.

Also, the Rangers got to a game 7 against a team icing Raanta, the number 2 goalie.

They are the lucky team thus far and have no business going to the Eastern finals. To me, this is where it ends for them.
The NYR have a habit of avoiding top goalies. In 2015 they made the SCF by Kreider-ing Price.

Reactions: Gustave

Dach Vader

The Dachside
Mar 31, 2021
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way" - Marlo Stanfield

Canes fans can dish it out but they sure as hell can't take it.

The sun is shining. I got the day off and I just got an ounce of BC buds in the mail for 40$!

Everything is coming up Milhouse!

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I hope Colton or someone f***ing rams Shestyorkin and takes him out of the series. I don't hate the Rangers that much and I like how they're built but it sure would be neat if they tasted their own medicine.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
My math may be off but if I'm not mistaken, winning a road game or two would had sealed the deal for Carolina,

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
1654004026368.png

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I went 2/4 last round with the Rangers and Oilers surprising me.

This round:

Tampa vs. NYR - Tampa
Colorado vs Edmonton - Colorado

Tampa will make their third final. I hate it and I hate them but I don't think New York is ready for that next step yet, especially beating the battle-hardened cup champs to do it (though I said that last round too and here we are).

Colorado has been my pick all along so I can't stray now. I think they're a more all-around team than EDM, including in net.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Folks in the KK thread were bending over backwards to blame everyone but KK. Coaches and linemates.

My favorite: “for some reason Suzuki getting more opportunities.” The reason wasn’t obvious to them, which is crazy.
3 years of bad development is likely to impact a teen/tween's performance on the long run. Not sure why people still disregard this.

Reactions: ReHabs

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Folks in the KK thread were bending over backwards to blame everyone but KK. Coaches and linemates.

My favorite: “for some reason Suzuki getting more opportunities.” The reason wasn’t obvious to them, which is crazy.
I remember you and I had numerous discussions with those fans last season, and discussing those ridiculous Erin Manning tweets in the KK thread.

The Canes offersheeting Kotkaniemi is the best possible outcome we could have hoped for. We got something worthwhile for him while we could, we're not going to have to hang on to him if he fails just because he's a former 3rd overall pick, and we get the opportunity to come out clean and do the WRIGHT thing this summer and act as if this whole debacle never happened.

3 years of bad development is likely to impact a teen/tween's performance on the long run. Not sure why people still disregard this.
I the Habs developped him poorly, than what the hell are the Canes doing by playing him on the 4th line?

Reactions: 1909 and Ozmodiar

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I the Habs developped him poorly, than what the hell are the Canes doing by playing him on the 4th line?
This type of argument always seemed pety and irrational. Okay, so let's forget three years of damage and re-start the clock?
Your past directly affects who you are today.

KK showed in Carolina he clearly was not good enough to make it to the top lines. In the POs, he was a no-show this year.
Bad pick, bad development, both are factors. Not sure I get the fans mocking him though.

Question to me is why did the Habs let him go back to Finland for off-season training on a bulking phase as if he's a bodybuilder.
Subban did this too, and his summer trainings were very weird with him constantly working on foot drills as if he's gonna audition for a hockey globetrotter team.
Galchenyuk running football drills in the sand beaches of Miami.

Said it right from the draft, send this kid back home to Finland or AHL to develop his game. The kid was clearly not ready for the NHL, and seemingly not very well guided for summer training either.

Reactions: Toene

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Right. Teammates, coaching, and the intangible catch-all excuse: development. … which isn’t just a team led endeavour. The player has to take ownership of it. No sure why people disregard this.

I also thought he should have been sent back to Finland to develop. However, a few things are quite apparent:

- he doesn’t skate like a 3 OA
- he doesn’t pass like a 3 OA
- he doesn’t shoot like a 3 OA, considering his slow release.

The talent just isn’t there. Better development might have helped, but the baseline is/was obviously low. As is, I wouldn’t take him in the top 5 in 2022.

Reactions: The Great Weal

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Can development help with fine tuning? Sure, but … Can’t turn chicken sh*t into chicken salad.

Development won’t make someone a class valedictorian or honor student - it’s all about hunger.

Can’t teach hunger..

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Can development help with fine tuning? Sure, but … Can’t turn chicken sh*t into chicken salad.

Development won’t make someone a class valedictorian or honor student - it’s all about hunger.

Can’t teach hunger..
Yeah, success has to come from somewhere.

Talent, drive/work ethic or IQ immediately come to mind. Gotta have at least one to be among the best, and i think KK just might be 0/3.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I'll probably be pulling for Edmonton, but i think a colorado/Tampa series is almost inevitable at this point.
Well, I think it is gonna be Edmonton vs Rangers :)

I pick the Rangers because, goaltending wise, TB does not have their usual advantage over other teams, and they are quite banged up right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad