GDT: 2022 STANLEY CUP discussion thread Part 4. TB-4 Tor-3, Car-4 Bos-3, StL-4 Min-2, LAK-3 Edm-3, Fla-4 Was-2, Pit-3 NYR-3, Cal-3 Dal-3, Col-4 Nas-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I am internally debating Makar vs McDavid..

Matthews, as good as he is... he is clearly a tier below those guys.
Makar isnt as good as Mcdavid, and Mackinnon is better than Matthews.

Unsure if Matthews is even a top 10 player in the league. He starts to be considered at 5 with a bunch of other players.

Mcd, Crosby, Mackinnon, Makar

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
One of these reasons is because they pulled a Bergevin 2012 2022 and tried to compete with a broken down Kopitar and Drano in their top 6 instead of developing Byfield and Turcotte :)
They will be interresting in 3 years from now. But a lot of things could go wrong with them so I don't expect anything.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Makar isnt as good as Mcdavid, and Mackinnon is better than Matthews.

Unsure if Matthews is even a top 10 player in the league. He starts to be considered at 5 with a bunch of other players.

Mcd, Crosby, Mackinnon, Makar

Makar controls the flow of games and he is great defensively. McDavid can break a game open by pure will.. They are very hard to compare.

Machkinnon is an absolute warrior.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
No Pizza this year !

McJesus dominated

Puljujarvi likes pizza too. :laugh:

XpscaFU.gif

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
One of these reasons is because they pulled a Bergevin 2012 2022 and tried to compete with a broken down Kopitar and Drano in their top 6 instead of developing Byfield and Turcotte :)
Byfield sucks. His hockey IQ is terrible. He was replaced in the series by Kupari.

Kings are in big trouble going forward because Kopitar is aging fast & looking it, and their young kids at forward aren't looking too good. Only Kalieyev looks like he'll be a top 6 forward.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Leafs Nation should have never let Uncle Lou go. He was a winner, they wouldn’t have kept losing this long if he was still around.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Byfield sucks. His hockey IQ is terrible. He was replaced in the series by Kupari.

Kings are in big trouble going forward because Kopitar is aging fast & looking it, and their young kids at forward aren't looking too good. Only Kalieyev looks like he'll be a top 6 forward.
Byfield needs reps, hes still super young and was injured a bunch, sitting him is so bad for his development.

Reactions: jaffy27

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I f***ing wish Bergevin had a Kopitar-Danault duo during his tenure. We surely win a cup in 2014. But yeah, you dont need to tell me : I freaking hate MB's tenure and lack of vision. Could never commit to a direction. Imagine if we traded the 2013-2015 1st rounders for center help to bail out Carey...

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Leafs Nation should have never let Uncle Lou go. He was a winner, they wouldn’t have kept losing this long if he was still around.
I think the plan was only to have him as GM for 3 years and then senior adviser for four years. So he was never going to be calling the shots for longer than 3 years.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I f***ing wish Bergevin had a Kopitar-Danault duo during his tenure. We surely win a cup in 2014. But yeah, you dont need to tell me : I freaking hate MB's tenure and lack of vision. Could never commit to a direction. Imagine if we traded the 2013-2015 1st rounders for center help to bail out Carey...
Well yeah, but except that Kopitar isnt better than Plekanec and that Danault is a slight upgrade on Eller, 2014 Kopitar sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad