GDT: 2022 STANLEY CUP discussion thread Part 3. Tor-3 TB-3, Car-3 Bos-3, StL-4 Min-2, LAK-3 Edm-3, Fla-4 Was-2, Pit-3 NYR-3, Cal-3 Dal-3, Col-4 Nas-0

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Go Dallas, I want that Calgary pick to be as high as possible.

Go Tampa Bay please end Toronto now.

Go Penguins do it for Sid.

Reactions: 26Mats

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I promise the Oilers and Flames' fans bases that I'll root for them - next year.

This year we need that 1st and 2nd to be good picks.
Apparently this year's draft class won't be great, or at least that's what I'm reading here. Even with the 1st OV, Wright is not a guaranteed talent. If that's the case, it doesn't matter when CGY loses because whoever will be chosen is going to be of average talent with the hope we can develop him further.

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
He didn't just throw it away, he smashed the hell out of it. Wonder what his problem is?
On the post game interview, he said that Zib wanted to see where he did wrong on his breakaway, and Kreider didn't want him to have any doubt about his game. And he was right, he scored two goals in that game

Reactions: peate

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Our chances are nil at the moment. I’d rather a non-Toronto Canadian team win than a team who’s cup win ends up on page 3 of the local Sports page.
I agree that Calgary is one of the team I wouldn't mind seeing win, along with FLA, STL, LA, COL.

The others can burn in hell :devdance:

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Apparently this year's draft class won't be great, or at least that's what I'm reading here. Even with the 1st OV, Wright is not a guaranteed talent. If that's the case, it doesn't matter when CGY loses because whoever will be chosen is going to be of average talent with the hope we can develop him further.
It's not that it's not great. It's not exceptional, but the thing is there are so many wildcards because plenty of guys missed development time due to covid reasons (including Wright). Some players just had their rookie seasons in major junior the year they were draft eligible, which is crazy because they had to adapt to another level of hockey (juniors) and be good enough to catch the eyes of scouts. We often see players have quiet D-1 rookie seasons in juniors then explode for their draft year. For a lot of them this was delayed.

This is the draft where I would be the less surprised if elite impact players were found in later rounds. I also expect next draft to have a lot of good overagers in the mid/late rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad