GDT: 2022 STANLEY CUP discussion thread Part 3. Tor-3 TB-3, Car-3 Bos-3, StL-4 Min-2, LAK-3 Edm-3, Fla-4 Was-2, Pit-3 NYR-3, Cal-3 Dal-3, Col-4 Nas-0

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Completely disagree. It's my favorite so far. This is real hockey to me. Tight as well, gritty. Battle of trenches.

Nobody has the chops to cut to the net, everything is kept to the outside and all they do is hope for deflections from the point or lucky shots from the hashmarks.

I like gritty "pay the price" games, but these two teams are devoid of skill with their game plans.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
There seems to be a lack of intensity in this game compared to the ones I just watched. Weird.

1-1 though

OK so now it's picking up

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Things aren't going our way at all.....but it's not surprising if Dallas loses especially when Benn and Seguin are just done.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
And I stayed up for that.....good night.

Some have mad the good point that if Florida wins the cup, especially after a grueling run, it could affect their season next year, causing them to drop in the standings - and hence improve our 1st next year. So there's that, I guess.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Some have mad the good point that if Florida wins the cup, especially after a grueling run, it could affect their season next year, causing them to drop in the standings - and hence improve our 1st next year. So there's that, I guess.

I'm in the ''some''. loll

I'm mostly talking about wanting to see Calgary loses for better pick purposes. But for Florida, it's clear that the only chance we have at a great pick next year is: tons of injuries and/or a Cup winner who would be satisfied and or fatigued and not play as good. 'Cause those guys aren't losing anybody. And on top of it, are gaining experience. There's just no way they finish low unless terrible things happen.

Reactions: the

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Leafs fans are very touchy right now. I don’t even want to troll but they’re prickly and aggro. Reminds me of when I was young and online (now I’m old and less online).

I hope they lose game 6 so the entirety of Leafs Nation shits enough bricks to build a church.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Go TB tonight
TB has a big job to do 2 games, not sure they can do it, without home ice.
figs are focused it seems.

Leafs fans are very touchy right now. I don’t even want to troll but they’re prickly and aggro. Reminds me of when I was young and online (now I’m old and less online).

I hope they lose game 6 so the entirety of Leafs Nation shits enough bricks to build a church.
the parade is back on

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I still think Tampa wins this series, I don’t believe in the Leafs ability to close out a series. Also Tampa players are resilient, they will come out strong tonight.

Reactions: amethyst

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad