Post-Game Talk: 2022 STANLEY CUP discussion thread Part 11 . Colorado Avalanche win The Stanley Cup 4 games to 2.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Always liked Lehkonen and was sad to see him traded. Very versatile and hard working player. Seems like a nice guy as well. Very humble,intropsective,polite and soft spoken. I think this will be a trade that is in Colorado's favour now but will tilt towards Montreal's favour in a few years.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Lek's Dad is the Finnish Pierre McGuire guys

cup winning GOALLLLLLLLLL what a legend

The Lehkonens are overflowing with emotion.

tonnin-seteli-pokerface.gif

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
So Kucherov broke his stick around 25 second mark late in game, goes to bench to grab a new one, trainer doesn't have it ready for him, so he throws his glove at him, like wth? :m-shocked:

Wow that's just exactly the kind of behaviour I'd expect from him too.

I mean, I'd also be mad and yelling at the trainer to hurry up, but he's throwing a tantrum when the games going on.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
So Kucherov broke his stick around 25 second mark late in game, goes to bench to grab a new one, trainer doesn't have it ready for him, so he throws his glove at him, like wth? :m-shocked:

Wish it were 18 seconds left :laugh: we could have had fun with that.but sending the prick a t-shirt with the actual time left works for me :joker:

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
They sucked many, many years. MacKinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog, Makar, Byram (one of whom they got in the Duchene trade, but Duchene they got in yet another year at the bottom of the standings), plus bust Tyson Jost. That's 6 years at the bottom of the standings.

Tanking and Rebuilding is a slow process...
And it needs great scouting for the depth players.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
And it needs great scouting for the depth players.

Pro-scouting, as majority of their depth players were picked up in minor trades or UFA. In fact, Avs only have 6 drafted players on their roster:

MacKinnon, Makar, Rantanen, Landeskog, Byram & Newhook. All 1st round picks. All top 9 picks with Newhook only exception. 4 are top 4 picks.

Reactions: No More Subban

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Oops, I forgot the game was today.

They won it in Tampa... how unfortunate, woulda been much nicer to win on home ice, but congrats to em.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Pro-scouting, as majority of their depth players were picked up in minor trades or UFA. In fact, Avs only have 6 drafted players on their roster:

MacKinnon, Makar, Rantanen, Landeskog, Byram & Newhook. All 1st round picks. All top 9 picks with Newhook only exception. 4 are top 4 picks.
Still had to have tasty prospects in the pipeline for those trades to happen.

I mean, Drew Helleson could become something for Anaheim, who has been very good at acquiring D prospects for themselves in the past.

Barron for us also did show some offensive moxie before getting injured.

Oops, I forgot the game was today.

They won it in Tampa... how unfortunate, woulda been much nicer to win on home ice, but congrats to em.
As a neutral fan, I find it more pleasing to have sad Tampa fans.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
- Lehky wins cup :yo: :yo: :yo:
- MacKinnon wins cup ... finally! :yo: :yo: :yo:
- Kadri wins cup... so dirty ... the new Lemieux? haha anyways suck it Leafs fans
- Kuemper wins cup??? file under Binnington, Niemi, Murray :laugh:
- Jack Johnson wins cup? ... nice story after all that's happened to him :nod:

congrats Avs, in the end the better team won.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
- Lehky wins cup :yo: :yo: :yo:
- MacKinnon wins cup ... finally! :yo: :yo: :yo:
- Kadri wins cup... so dirty ... the new Lemieux? haha anyways suck it Leafs fans
- Kuemper wins cup??? file under Binnington, Niemi, Murray :laugh:
- Jack Johnson wins cup? ... nice story after all that's happened to him :nod:

congrats Avs, in the end the better team won.

Is Jack Johnson still broke?

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Lehkonen was rightfully criticized for not scoring despite earning great looks and chances. It wasn’t unfair or brutal or hateful — Eller was criticized for his tunnel vision in a similar way. Mild frustration at what could’ve been.

Both are good role players for any team and both have their names on the Cup. Good for them.

If the Habs were in a position to compete for the Cup everybody would be pleased to have Lehkonen in their bottom6.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
The Hagel deal was terrible... I don't care if you have him on a cost controlled deal. He's a low IQ, fiesty, third line player.

Reactions: Max2

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Drafting well with many lottery picks they got was also important. Mackinnon may have been an obvious choice (though some scouts at the time preferred Seth Jones or Drouin). But Makar and Rantanen were certainly going reat picks.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad