GDT: 2022 STANLEY CUP discussion thread Part 10 . Final. Tampa Bay Lightning 3-0-6-2-3 (2) vs Colorado Avalanche 4-7-2-3-2 (3)

Your Conn Smythe winner is:

• Andrei Vasilevskiy

• Nathan McKinnon

• Nikita Kucherov

• Cale Makar

• Victor Hedman

• Gabriel Landeskog

• Arthuri Lehkonen

• Mikhail Sergachev

• Other, specify.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
What a great game. It showed me a lesson, to love my ennemies! Unbelievable how resilient the Lightning is. The ilk of champions. I'm still rooting for the Avs and won't complain about getting more games for free. This is the clash of the titans!

After they got rid of the Leafs for me, I wanted them out. And then after Florida I started getting scared. I've been cheering for the Avs, but after tonight I am starting to think if Tampa could pull this off I won't complain at all.

Reactions: FF de Mars

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Yeah, I didn't like it either, but I mean I don't think as far as cheering for another team in the playoffs there are any rules, unless its like Boston or the Leafs.
They‘re definitely in that Leafs/Bruins territory for me, I started loathing that team in 2004 and the sentiment has been following me ever since lol, last year was just a little extra motivation to hate them even more

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
They‘re definitely in that Leafs/Bruins territory for me, I started loathing that team in 2004 and the sentiment has been following me ever since lol

I hated them too, but this playoffs has been making me respect them a whole lot.

But they've never been in Leafs/Bruins territory for me. It's the same thing with Ottawa. I don't hate the Sens and I'd have no problem cheering for them in the playoffs if we were out.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
They‘re definitely in that Leafs/Bruins territory for me, I started loathing that team in 2004 and the sentiment has been following me ever since lol, last year was just a little extra motivation to hate them even more
Right below them for me.

Sens
Bruins
Leafs
Bolts
NYR
Wpg

I like the underdog,

3 times in a row would be crazy, we would not see that again in our lifetime.
They are the opposite of an underdog lmao

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Right below them for me.

Sens
Bruins
Leafs
Bolts
NYR
Wpg

They are the opposite of an underdog lmao

They kinda have been the underdog this year. They are still a great team. But they went through Toronto, Florida, pulled off a reverse sweep against NY, and anyone who goes down 3-1 against the Avs is an underdog. They are a banged up team. But they keep blocking shots and surviving. They are winning by being playoff warriors this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinodebino

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
How?

Sergachev won dman lf the year at 17 among a small list of players.

6ft3, fast, offensive dman, can do it all.....
Drouin was viewed as a highly-skilled forward able to produce points.

Again, when that trade was made it got a majority of a good deal.

So it's kinda dumb to blame the management for pulling the trigger IMO.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Even now I don't think it was a bad deal at the moment.

Hindsight is great...

It was a bad deal the way we decided to not add to that deal. Said it then. Say it now.

Also, hindsight is actually what decides who keeps their job or not. Lack of results are always in hindsight. And people lose their job because of the end result. I don't get the whole let's not judge on hindsight...That's just how you know if somebody worked or not.

In the end, a deal is great when you actually don't empty one pocket to fill another one. Like..what the Avs did on the Lehky trade. No matter how Barron will turn out, Avs have enough of good d-men to not care. We didn,t have that for Montreal.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It was a bad deal the way we decided to not add to that deal. Said it then. Say it now.

Also, hindsight is actually what decides who keeps their job or not. Lack of results are always in hindsight. And people lose their job because of the end result. I don't get the whole let's not judge on hindsight...That's just how you know if somebody worked or not.

In the end, a deal is great when you actually don't empty one pocket to fill another one. Like..what the Avs did on the Lehky trade. No matter how Barron will turn out, Avs have enough of good d-men to not care. We didn,t have that for Montreal.
Drouin's career was derailed by injuries and personal stuff and so on.

Is this on Bergevin? What a joke...

• Haha
Reactions: the

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Drouin was viewed as a highly-skilled forward able to produce points.

Again, when that trade was made it got a majority of a good deal.

So it's kinda dumb to blame the management for pulling the trigger IMO.

I never liked the deal, although I still like Drouin as a person and am rooting for him to have a come back. The Habs needed a defenseman and Sergachev was lined up to replace Markov. They got lucky when he fell to them at the draft and I was so scared Bergevin wouldn't draft him even still because he usually likes meatballs better. Bergevin didn't see Sergachev's potential, all he saw was a lanky kid who couldn't play proper defense at training camp. He didn't treat him like a top 10 pick. He bough Drouin's hype and drank the Cool-Aid. I stopped watching the Habs when that trade happened, I couldn't stand such amateurism from Bergerin. Couldn't even sign Radulov, which would have been logical since you're packing the team for the following year by trading a blue chip prospect you don't believe in.

Reactions: ReHabs

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
I never was liked the deal, although I still like Drouin as a person and am rooting for him to have a come back. The Habs needed a defenseman and Sergachev was lined up to replace Markov. Bergevin didn't see Sergachev's potential, all he saw was a lanky kid who couldn't play proper defense at training camp. He didn't treat him like a top 10 pick. And get bough the hype and drank the Cool-Aid. I stopped watching the Habs when that trade happened, I couldn't stand such amateurism from Bergerin. Couldn't even sign Radulov, which would have been logical since you're packing the team for the following year by trading a blue chip prospect you don't believe in.

When the deal happened I was kinda excited, because I always just hope for the best with a new player. It's kinda fun to see what the new guy could do. But before that when people would talk about the possibility of acquiring Drouin, I was always kind of wary of it. There was talk of him having issues a couple years before we got him. And that was on a good team.

Reactions: FF de Mars

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I never liked the deal, although I still like Drouin as a person and am rooting for him to have a come back. The Habs needed a defenseman and Sergachev was lined up to replace Markov. They got lucky when he fell to them at the draft and I was so scared Bergevin wouldn't draft him even still because he usually likes meatballs better. Bergevin didn't see Sergachev's potential, all he saw was a lanky kid who couldn't play proper defense at training camp. He didn't treat him like a top 10 pick. He bough Drouin's hype and drank the Cool-Aid. I stopped watching the Habs when that trade happened, I couldn't stand such amateurism from Bergerin. Couldn't even sign Radulov, which would have been logical since you're packing the team for the following year by trading a blue chip prospect you don't believe in.
Come on man! We didn't f***ing trade the next Lidstrom for Cedric Paquette! Geez...

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
When the deal happened I was kinda excited, because I always just hope for the best with a new player. It's kinda fun to see what the new guy could do. But before that when people would talk about the possibility of acquiring Drouin, I was always kind of wary of it. There was talk of him having issues a couple years before we got him.

I hated it but I was excited too. I told myself I had to give him a chance. I tried to convince myself by thinking Bergevin knew what he was doing and had access to better information than I did. I still hated the trade because it showed lack of foresight and because I had been rooting for the Habs to draft Sergachev since back then in april when I was rooting for them to lose. It seems Bergevin didn't like mobile offensive defensemen, it looks like he thought they were liabilities in their own zone, he always built his teams with big defensive dmen. I started attending university so I didn't have time to watch the games and then it blew up so I didn't have a chance to really try liking him. To this day I'm actually one of Drouin's biggest supporter, you can check my history on the Drouin thread, I really like his creativity and I'm always hoping he finds consistency. I will enjoy watching him play his last year as a Hab if he doesn't retire. I still hated the trade and always will. The proof I'm not lying is the fact PMDs are my favourite brand. I always liked watching guys like Karlsson play and I wanted the Habs to draft Hugues instead of KK. I think you build your team from the bottom up and I really like Nemec in this year's draft although obviously I'd rather Wright.

Come on man! We didn't f***ing trade the next Lidstrom for Cedric Paquette! Geez...

Please, don't make a parody out of me!

Last edited:

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
The Drou-Drou trade was great as a win now move. The moment we lost Radulov and Markov that trade looked awful. Sergachev was our Markov replacement.

You either go all in or you build for the future. The moment we lost Radulov we should have stepped back and built for the future.

Stupid trade by a GM who had no vision. Thank god we have Jeff Gorton now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad