Olympics: 2022 Slovakia Roster Talk

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I hope theres some celebrations for Bronze and that we get to see something from that!

David OSullivan

Oct 12, 2017
Slafkovsky is one special kid. People will point you to his liiga scoring no doubt to down the kid. Typical draft stuff to promote their own country draftees. They don't care about role etc. And think all about stats. It's all about skills at this age and your kid has some very incredibly exciting talent. He is a very special one.

Some exciting youngsters coming through now in Slovakia. Sincerely hope this is start of a bright future for Slovakia hockey.

Congrats on well deserved bronze.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Slafkovsky is one special kid. People will point you to his liiga scoring no doubt to down the kid. Typical draft stuff to promote their own country draftees. They don't care about role etc. And think all about stats. It's all about skills at this age and your kid has some very incredibly exciting talent. He is a very special one.

Some exciting youngsters coming through now in Slovakia. Sincerely hope this is start of a bright future for Slovakia hockey.

Congrats on well deserved bronze.

Ramsay is the best thing to happen to Slovak hockey. He totally changed our game. We're dominant on the puck, outshooting everyone, outskating or least matching the speed of the top skating nations, and overall going to every game to win it. When good goaltending and stars align, we can win stuff.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Amazing! Amazing team and amazing story, from Olympic Qualifications to bronze medal. Huge congratulations to Slovakia! You guys deserve this. Just how wild is the party in Slovakia right now?

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Amazing! Amazing team and amazing story, from Olympic Qualifications to bronze medal. Huge congratulations to Slovakia! You guys deserve this. Just how wild is the party in Slovakia right now?

Walked the old town in Bratislava, heard one small group of fans cheering outside, other than that in this pandemic, I suppose most people watched from home. So not much of a party on the streets. Pubs may have a good mood though.

Reactions: SantosHalper

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Can someone please explain what this means? I keep seeing it and feel like I've missed something...

for some reason there is many anti-slovaks on this forum. they think slovakia is not even better than the likes of latvia, belarus and norway. for me its clear that slovakia is on the same tier as czechia,germany and switzerland but soon back in top 5 as they where in the 90s until 2010 with all the good talents coming.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
What happened to Nemec? When did they start benching him.
After 2nd game I believe. He didn't really do anything wrong to deserve it, even had an assist in that last game he had good ice time, Ramsay just decided to stick to experience on the D for the rest of the tournament.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Actually, it still IS a rather mediocre roster *falls on his sword*

Congrats on the success though.

how is it mediocre? hrivik, cehlarik, hudacek, jurco, kristof, popspisil are all very good scoring forwards in the best european leagues. slafkovsky is a supertalent.

holeinsky, keleman, regenda, roman, takac, zuzin...hard working players who does their job. you have this type of players on finland and russia too.

then there is dano....:laugh::laugh:

d...nemec and knazko super talents. cajkovsky very good khler. gernat very good in NLA. Ceresknak and Rosandic both very good, would be very good players in KHL, NLA etc. Marincin have quite many NHL games in his belt. Then there is Daloga, but he is not even playing.

Rybar, very good KHL goalie.

No, calling the roster mediocre is just so wrong. Its a good team.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
We have been through this. You are stretching the truth to the fullest armed with hindsight. It's a remarkable result just like Germany being 1 goal short of the gold medal was in the last Olympics. Did you get into the frenzy about how amazing that team was back then as well?

If you check the first posts of this thread, many people don't even have Rybar on their rosters. Many people weren't sure he was going to be the starting goalie on the eve of the Olympics. And yet now he's a "very good KHL goalie". Mkay.

And the list of such revisionist "conclusions" goes on.

Then again, I'm just going to stop. Slovak hockey fans don't deserve to have their celebrations ruined by lunatic spouting nonsense. And I suppose each is free to decide on his own which one of us that lunatic is.

You are free to believe Slovakia is "top-6 in the world" and Sweden is "outside of top-10". Obviously, any reasonable arguments are futile in such a case.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
We have been through this. You are stretching the truth to the fullest armed with hindsight. It's a remarkable result just like Germany being 1 goal short of the gold medal was in the last Olympics. Did you get into the frenzy about how amazing that team was back then as well?

If you check the first posts of this thread, many people don't even have Rybar on their rosters. Many people weren't sure he was going to be the starting goalie on the eve of the Olympics. And yet now he's a "very good KHL goalie". Mkay.

And the list of such revisionist "conclusions" goes on.

Then again, I'm just going to stop. Slovak hockey fans don't deserve to have their celebrations ruined by lunatic spouting nonsense. And I suppose each is free to decide on his own which one of us that lunatic is.

Im not saying that slovakian roster is better than the rosters Finland, Russia, Canada, Czechia have. I would put Slovakia at nr 5 with Switzerland and Germany. How is that lunacy?

Regarding Rybar:

2019-20
2.png
Kärpät
Liiga371.82.924421-5-9|
31.png
Slovakia (all)
International11.00.96001-0-0|
2020-21
2.png
Kärpät
Liiga332.02.912415-12-5|Playoffs42.51.91702-1-0
2021-22
23.png
Dinamo Minsk
KHL242.78.9041
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Good stats. Hard to get better than that when you have Dinamo Minsk average defenders infront of you.

Reactions: stastny12

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Im not saying that slovakian roster is better than the rosters Finland, Russia, Canada, Czechia have. I would put Slovakia at nr 5 with Switzerland and Germany. How is that lunacy?
Lunacy is A LOT of other things that you've said. Regarding this particular point, it's not clear to me:
1) why would you rate the USA roster so low then?;
2) even if I were to agree with your rating, 5-7th roster is exactly mediocre, isn't it? Mediocre means "average", you know. If you are in 2/3 of competitors, you probably are fairly average. If you are in the bottom third, you are kinda bad. I don't know how ratings work for you but that's how it is for me;
3) Once again not really sure, what does Slovakia have (or Germany, for that matter or even Swiss) that would separate them from the USA, for example. You have also labeled Denmark as "very good" during the Olympics so I'm hella confused.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad