2022 Season Discussion Thread

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Playoffs start this week in my league. 0.5 PPR

Would you start Pacheco over St. Brown?

I'm worried about the matchup on the road against the Jets D for St. Brown...

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Playoffs start this week in my league. 0.5 PPR

Would you start Pacheco over St. Brown?

I'm worried about the matchup on the road against the Jets D for St. Brown...
I think you're overthinking it.

St. Brown is too good to sit IMO. Plus he plays the slot so he will avoid the Jets top 2 corners, he may be hyper-targeted because of this.

Pacheco is a good start too though, no one else you can bench?

Reactions: Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I think you're overthinking it.

St. Brown is too good to sit IMO. Plus he plays the slot so he will avoid the Jets top 2 corners, he may be hyper-targeted because of this.

Pacheco is a good start too though, no one else you can bench?

Well the Jets just made my decision much easier. We have two FLEX spots and I was going to go with Garrett Wilson, but now Zach Wilson is starting, so I'm going with St. Brown and Pacheco.

Reactions: tacogeoff

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Well the Jets just made my decision much easier. We have two FLEX spots and I was going to go with Garrett Wilson, but now Zach Wilson is starting, so I'm going with St. Brown and Pacheco.
ugh Zach Wilson is horrendous.

I was debating starting Elijah Moore in a league but that is no bueno with Wilson starting.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Made it to semi-finals in 3/4 leagues.

4th league I lost in this week cause the guy started Jerick Mckinnon and Zay Jones...I mean what can ya do lol 2 waiver wire pickups put up 70 points themselves.

I have Mark Andrews in 2 leagues and I may seriously bench him? He has been God awful and I have Waller as backup in one league and Hockenson as back up in the other league.

Strange times.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
scored the most pts in my league only to miss the playoffs lol

fantasy football sucks

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
Finished 1st in my league out of 10 (12-3) in the regular season while scoring the second most points.

I was somehow 6-0 after 6 games while scoring the 7th most points.

Guy who finished 1st in points sadly was not able to make the playoffs. Still won't be easy to win it all.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I somehow managed to win my QF with Jonathan Taylor going down the first series. Got very lucky...

So onto the SF...

My two FLEX spots (0.5). I managed to get both Deon Jackson and Zack Moss on waivers. They are planning to split carries between them with Taylor out...

I need to pick two from this list:

Pacheco vs Sea
Garrett Wilson vs Jax
Pittman Jr. vs LAC
Richie James @ Min
Deon Jackson vs LAC
Zack Moss vs LAC

Pacheco always leaves me wanting more but Seattle is a good matchup. McKinnon certainly hasn't made things any better for Pacheco.

If I do go with a Colts RB, I think I'm leaning Moss. He had 24 carries and will be the goal line back. But the Colts offense...bleh.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I somehow managed to win my QF with Jonathan Taylor going down the first series. Got very lucky...

So onto the SF...

My two FLEX spots (0.5). I managed to get both Deon Jackson and Zack Moss on waivers. They are planning to split carries between them with Taylor out...

Pacheco vs Sea
Garrett Wilson vs Jax
Pittman Jr. vs LAC
Richie James @ Min
Deon Jackson vs LAC
Zack Moss vs LAC

Pacheco always leaves me wanting more but Seattle is a good matchup. McKinnon certainly hasn't made things any better for Pacheco.

If I do go with a Colts RB, I think I'm leaning Moss. He had 24 carries and will be the goal line back. But the Colts offense...bleh.
I'd probably go Garret Wilson and Pittman.

Guaranteed good target shares, and good players. Jackson/Moss are not very talented, will probably split the backfield and you don't know which way it's going to go. The Colts offense is also not great. Richie James is meh.

You could play Pacheco, but McKinnon is taking a hold of that backfield it seems.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC

So onto the SF...

Pacheco vs Sea
Garrett Wilson vs Jax
Pittman Jr. vs LAC
Richie James @ Min
Deon Jackson vs LAC
Zack Moss vs LAC

Wilson and Jackson for me. Moss was pretty inefficient, he was brought in when the game was 33-0, and I want those potential checkdown passes from Nick Foles. But yea...moss and jackson are pretty much a coin toss.

Thoughts on...Evans, Higgins, or Wilson this week? need to pick 2 of 3

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
Wilson and Jackson for me. Moss was pretty inefficient, he was brought in when the game was 33-0, and I want those potential checkdown passes from Nick Foles. But yea...moss and jackson are pretty much a coin toss.

Thoughts on...Evans, Higgins, or Wilson this week? need to pick 2 of 3
I would probably bench Evans, but really not sure what to expect out of Wilson, if Wilson is the QB.

For my 2nd Flex spot (PPR), my options are:
Jahan Dotson vs SF
D'Onta Foreman vs DET
Michael Gallup vs PHI
Antonio Gibson vs SF
Hunter Henry vs CIN
Elijah Moore vs JAX
Romeo Doubs vs MIA
KJ Osborn vs NYG
Royce Freeman vs TEN

Thinking about going with Dotson with his recent production, but not sure I should trust him.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

So onto the SF...

Pacheco vs Sea
Garrett Wilson vs Jax
Pittman Jr. vs LAC
Richie James @ Min
Deon Jackson vs LAC
Zack Moss vs LAC

I would go Pacheco and probably pittman.

i would lean away from G Wilson or at least make it a game time decision due to the weather. Trending for heavy downpowers with sustained winds of 15-20mph with gusts of 35 mph. it should be a run heavy game esp if Z wilson is QB. im starting the Jags D in one of my semis as it is a prime matchup for turnovers and interceptions. JMO.

I would also have a few reservations with Foles starting for Indy as well. I would assume Pittman would be the wr1 but i am not sure who Foles has practice chemistry with.

so maybe Pacheco/Moss or Pacheco/Pittman or gamble on G Wilson/Pacheco for a higher floor.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Decided to sit Garrett Wilson.

I'm thinking Pittman for now but I'll decide for sure later.

Thanks for the responses.

Reactions: DS7

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
made 2 semi finals out of 4 leagues.

Smashed out a win in one and stumbled to another win in the second final.....honestly have no business being in the final in the second one.. hopkins was terrible and i started Marquise Goodwin who put up a 0 due to injury. my saving grace was he started fields over goff.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
For championship week, just play New England as they are mostly matchup proof, or go with one of the better matchups on paper like KC, NYJ, NYG, etc.? I know Tua is up in the air, but I feel even with him, it would be better to just play NE.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
For championship week, just play New England as they are mostly matchup proof, or go with one of the better matchups on paper like KC, NYJ, NYG, etc.? I know Tua is up in the air, but I feel even with him, it would be better to just play NE.
are we talking defences? i guess so hey lol. I personally like the Jags vs Houston matchup. Esp if Nico Collins is still out. They have only scored over 20 pts twice this season.

Is it crazy im considering sitting Herbert and starting Purdey if i can get him off the waiver wire for the championship game? Herbert in the last two weeks combined has scored around 14 fantasy points. the rest of my team has got me to where i am. I dont know if i can take the risk of another 5-8 pt performance when purdey has the easier matchup and should be 18-22 pts.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
looks like Tua should be out. NE should be an decent play.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
are we talking defences? i guess so hey lol. I personally like the Jags vs Houston matchup. Esp if Nico Collins is still out. They have only scored over 20 pts twice this season.

Is it crazy im considering sitting Herbert and starting Purdey if i can get him off the waiver wire for the championship game? Herbert in the last two weeks combined has scored around 14 fantasy points. the rest of my team has got me to where i am. I dont know if i can take the risk of another 5-8 pt performance when purdey has the easier matchup and should be 18-22 pts.
Yep, so I do have NE and the Jags defense, so just need to pick between them. Now I'm unsure on my last flex spot with Tua out.

Need to pick 3 out of Chubb, Stevenson, Waddle, and Walker. I technically have Swift too, but even in a soft matchup and with Williams possibly out, I'm still not confident playing him. Probably leaning towards Walker over Waddle now since Waddle is probably a more boom/bust type option now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad