Red Sox/MLB 2022 Regular Season VI - RED SOX 7-6 IN SEPTEMBER (70-74) - Competition Committee Approves Sweeping Rule Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Ya I'm not calling him a nothing prospect especially in a deal for Tommy Pham.
Sure Pham is a nothing playser.

But Northcut is still a whatever prospect. hits for power, does nothing else well, Ks a ton and doesn't walk like CDJ said.

And again, he'd need to be 40 to protect him period this winter. Who cares. Not a guy worth giving a shit about.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

But Northcut is still a whatever prospect. hits for power, does nothing else well, Ks a ton and doesn't walk like CDJ said.

And again, he'd need to be 40 to protect him period this winter. Who cares. Not a guy worth giving a shit about.
It sounds like he would fit in nicely on this team!

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Hilarious, basically parody at this point. Pham absolutely brings more value seeing as how he’s a positive value major leaguer (1 WAR). He’s hitting .262/.321/.416 for the Sox, that’s a slightly above average bat for a LF these days. Northcut has a .245 OBP in AA. OBP!!!! And somebody wasted time out of their finite life to complain. My goodness.

Yeah we’re really gonna miss the first baseman whose AA OBP is lower than a meh players BA in the majors lol (who they are apparently trashing despite playing pretty well in Boston).

Last edited by a moderator:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Let bogaerts walk

Are you high? Bogaerts is finally back to normal after playing through a debilitating, is finally playing like the player he is and then some, and you want to cut bait with him?

Ya I'm not calling him a nothing prospect especially in a deal for Tommy Pham.

He kind of is. Northcutt swings from his ass and nothing else. He has some decent pop but has poor plate discipline as has been highlighted earlier. As far as I am concerned, even if Northcutt becomes something, he won't be a significant enough one to cry over when Tommy Pham was the best player in the deal and brings some serious leadership to the team. Something that has been a massive deficit to this Red Sox team for a long while now. I'm not crying over losing Northcutt.

Last edited:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
At this point...I'm waiting for 2026 and pray the Red Sox can spend all the money on Munetaka Murakami from the Tokyo Swallows.

Murakami's a versatile player and can play both corners of the infield which, by that point, can free Devers up to become the full time DH and is one of the most patient hitters I have ever seen. His K rate is one of the lowest in all of pro baseball, has one of the best walk rates in all of baseball, and has some of the best slash line numbers along with ISO especially when you take into account how little he swings. He has some of the best plate discipline I have ever seen. So much so that I don't think he's even human.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
It sounds like he would fit in nicely on this team!
Kind of. This team isn't very good, and neither is Northcut.

I looked up three different web sites that rank prospects. He isn't listed in the organization's top 30 prospects on any of them. In two of them, he's not listed in the top 60.

He's probably 1B/DH only at the major league level, and he's blocked by Casas and Kavadas.

Maybe the kid could surprise, but at this point, I really don't think it's worth getting too upset over.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Are you high? Bogaerts is finally back to normal after playing through a debilitating, is finally playing like the player he is and then some, and you want to cut bait with him?
Clearly you don't "know ball"!

Kind of. This team isn't very good, and neither is Northcut.

I looked up three different web sites that rank prospects. He isn't listed in the organization's top 30 prospects on any of them. In two of them, he's not listed in the top 60.

He's probably 1B/DH only at the major league level, and he's blocked by Casas and Kavadas.

Maybe the kid could surprise, but at this point, I really don't think it's worth getting too upset over.
I'm really not "upset" over it. The power was intriguing. I just couldn't care less about Tommy Pham. But I don't know ball so my opinion doesn't matter.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Please explain "a debilitating".

For the record, with runners in scoring position and two outs, Bogey is hitting .182 this year.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Please explain "a debilitating".

For the record, with runners in scoring position and two outs, Bogey is hitting .182 this year.

That's a weirdly and rather unnecessarily specific stat to hang such a gripe on considering Bogaerts is not looked on to be a power hitter or RBI producer. Also, he's hitting .305 on the year RISP overall and .328 with men on base.

You want to argue "debilitating" is too strong of a word? Ok. But a shoulder and wrist injury (especially the lead wrist) will absolutely be a detriment to a hitter

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Fun development

Bogaerts has started to knock in more runs lately, I don’t have a problem with him when he’s doing that. It’s happened when the games don’t really matter but that’s not on him imo.

Now the hot stretch he’s on certainly features luck that makes me weary of putting a ton of stock into it but he’s also a pretty skilled guy in terms of putting the ball where they ain’t. He consistently overperforms his expected stats because of that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
44E4AB32-5440-4C87-8904-DAF335A0E118.jpeg

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
That's a weirdly and rather unnecessarily specific stat to hang such a gripe on considering Bogaerts is not looked on to be a power hitter or RBI producer. Also, he's hitting .305 on the year RISP overall and .328 with men on base.

You want to argue "debilitating" is too strong of a word? Ok. But a shoulder and wrist injury (especially the lead wrist) will absolutely be a detriment to a hitter
I agree and disagree.

I'm not worried about a relatively small sample size of 55 ABs with 2 outs and RISP this year. There's little in his career to suggest this is anything other than something of a fluke.

That said, I think if Bogaerts is gonna hit 3rd or 4th all season, then it's fair to expect him to provide some power and drive in runs. And I think it's fair to say that the team has struggled to produce in 2 out, RISP situations this year and that Bogaerts has been part of the problem.

I'm still struggling to figure out exactly how he fits into this team's long-term plans, however.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Simply asking what was meant by debilitating, as no injury was mentioned. Bogey has played 135 games, only Verdugo has played more (136). No evidence of a debilitating injury.

Any way you want to slice it, a guy that's hitting .318 but only .182 with 2 outs and men in scoring position is doing a lot of choking. And anyone who's watched this season knows that's been the case.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Simply asking what was meant by debilitating, as no injury was mentioned. Bogey has played 135 games, only Verdugo has played more (136). No evidence of a debilitating injury.

Any way you want to slice it, a guy that's hitting .318 but only .182 with 2 outs and men in scoring position is doing a lot of choking. And anyone who's watched this season knows that's been the case.
LeMahieu same way for Yankees can't hit with men in scoring.Some hitters see runners moving maybe who knows. I don't have reasons why but it happens to good hitters every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad