Red Sox/MLB 2022 Regular Season VI - RED SOX 7-6 IN SEPTEMBER (70-74) - Competition Committee Approves Sweeping Rule Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1660377494531.png

giphy.gif

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Enmanuel Valdez is hitting .276/.353/.690 in 8 games. 4 home runs, a 5th got robbed. Only strikes out 20% of the time so he’s not sacrificing contact for power. I know the batted ball data is good.

This kid could be a very good hitter for us. Hopefully he can play a passable 2B. Could see him getting called up with Casas in September

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
First things first, I just want to give a daily reminder that the expanded Wild Card system is a joke and a further sign that Rob Manfred is a sport killer.

That aside, rooting for this team to limp into the playoffs so they can get obliterated by either Seattle, Toronto, Baltimore, Minnesota, or Tampa is like wanting to play Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun. This team is terrible and doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. Blow it up and start over again.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Enmanuel Valdez is hitting .276/.353/.690 in 8 games. 4 home runs, a 5th got robbed. Only strikes out 20% of the time so he’s not sacrificing contact for power. I know the batted ball data is good.

This kid could be a very good hitter for us. Hopefully he can play a passable 2B. Could see him getting called up with Casas in September
Only 20%, huh.............

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
First things first, I just want to give a daily reminder that the expanded Wild Card system is a joke and a further sign that Rob Manfred is a sport killer.

That aside, rooting for this team to limp into the playoffs so they can get obliterated by either Seattle, Toronto, Baltimore, Minnesota, or Tampa is like wanting to play Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun. This team is terrible and doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. Blow it up and start over again.

If they were gonna blow it up, when they were 3 games out of the WC during the trade deadline, that was the time to do it.

They're not gonna do that now. So, you can either watch and be miserable OR you can watch and say "whatever happens, happens".

Because wanting to tank for a draft pick isn't the same as it would be in hockey or football. And I've had enough of Chaim drafting SS's so were good. 😂

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't get why people get so up their ass about strikeouts. An out is an out, if your OBP is .400 then I don't care if the other 6/10 ABs are Ks or pop-outs. And hell, at least you're not rolling into double plays if you K.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
For reference, 24% of MLB at-bats ended with a strikeout in 2021.

In 2021 pitchers were still hitting in the National Leaue.

20% K is better thane league average FYI. It's not 1980 anymore.

The problem with that is that we are talking about a player that is playing in the minors, not the major leagues.

Reactions: quietbruinfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad