Red Sox/MLB 2022 REGULAR SEASON II - THE RED SOX ARE OVER .500 (34-29) - GET THE DUCKBOATS READY!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was there, too. Met John Havlicek on the way out and he signed my ticket stub. Have my Yaz Day poster, my Ted Williams/Joe Cronin number retirement poster - Sox used to do nice things like that.
I got the Williams & Cronin retirement number as well lol

Clendenon was the MVP of the World Series for the Miracle Mets with 3 dingers in 4 games.
Yikes I should have known that

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Man did I miss on Benintendi

He’s got no power anymore and I’m just stunned how he fell off

He was a valuable guy on the 18 Red Sox WS and made that incredible catch against Astros that could have been a catastrophe

I liked him a lot and maybe the biggest disappointment of a Red Sox young player I saw in my lifetime considering his first 1500 at bats were overall very good

I thought 300 with 25-30 homers and 500 slug were in the cards

Reactions: sarge88

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

He was a valuable guy on the 18 Red Sox WS and made that incredible catch against Astros that could have been a catastrophe

I liked him a lot and maybe the biggest disappointment of a Red Sox young player I saw in my lifetime considering his first 1500 at bats were overall very good

I would not say gone. He had 17 last year.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I am 100% in agreement with you on Devers. He’s young. He’s a superstar. Lock him up. To not be the Rays and to be the Dodgers, you need to lock up your stars. He’s one to move forward with. He wants to be here too. It’s a no brainer. Back up the Brinks as @CDJ says.

On Xander? I’m in the camp that losing Bogaerts for a comp pick would be unacceptable. So he’s either re-signed longterm OR he’s dealt for a healthy package that continues to build the farm up.

However: you weaken your team this year. So what do you do. It’s a hard one. I just do not want to lose him for a comp pick. The Sox aren’t there yet to be doing that… for a player on Bogaerts caliber.

Re: Xander
Not sure if I’ll explain what I’m thinking clearly enough, but here goes…

With the expanded number of playoff spots, I think teams will often be in a similar, difficult situation, but may choose to move quality players for packages of prospects more often than we’ve seen before.

While it’s true that oftentimes the WS winner isn’t one of the top 3/4 teams in the game over the course of 162, which could make GM’s consider keeping a pending FA, it’s also true that the fact that the increased chance of making the playoffs next year, might make some GM’s move that FA to be to load up for a 5+ year run.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005

He’s no longer trying to launch the ball out of the park. He has more of a contact swing now. It’s a conscious decision that he made because he finally came to the realization that he’s not a slugger.

Reactions: DKH

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ragging on Mt. Washington as a destination right after the commercial for the cogwheel train probably didn't go over well either.

I was dying. I’m sitting there like: “Eck. You can’t be ragging on a sponsor right after their commercial”.

I actually had went there last winter with my girlfriend. It was awesome! We didn’t go all the way up but we did the first stop. Definitely a cool experience.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Live view of Rafael Devers' agent calling the Red Sox to discuss a new contract:

200.gif

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad