Prospect Info: 2022 Post-Deadline Devils-Centric Mock Draft 2.0 (thru NJ 2nd round)

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
dont even trade down just trade the pick completely even more so if you land the 1 pick. the one thing this team doesn't need is more youth and potential and growing years. they need legit nhl talent use that pick to get it whatever position it is. gump said it best "thats all I have to say about that"
No, you trade down -- unless you're getting offered a bona fide young superstar, which is highly unlikely. If Calgary is actually trading Tkachuk -- which is tough to believe -- then, sure.

Otherwise, you trade down. Because part of success is not being so impatient to reach it that you lose your ability to sustain it.

Are Jiricek or Nemec capable of playing in the NHL next year? Or is that just never gonna happen?
I'd say Nemec is 2nd closest in this draft behind Wright in terms of NHL-readiness, but I'd still give him another year to develop before bringing him over.

Jiricek's ability to be NHL ready were really hurt by his knee surgery this year. I'd say he's one to two years away.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
No, you trade down -- unless you're getting offered a bona fide young superstar, which is highly unlikely. If Calgary is actually trading Tkachuk -- which is tough to believe -- then, sure.

Otherwise, you trade down. Because part of success is not being so impatient to reach it that you lose your ability to sustain it.

I'd say Nemec is 2nd closest in this draft behind Wright in terms of NHL-readiness, but I'd still give him another year to develop before bringing him over.

Jiricek's ability to be NHL ready were really hurt by his knee surgery this year. I'd say he's one to two years away.

The devils have enough youth on this roster and enough potential. They don’t need to anymore they do need to add legit nhl talent to the foundation that’s in place to bring those kids to the next level. They really don’t need another kid that is 3 years away from producing at a consistent nhl level

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad