2022 Olympic Qualifying News

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I'd rather the NHL stay away from the Olympics that's how it was in 1980 with the Miracle on Ice and in my mind that's how it should be.
but the Russians had a pro team..... screw micacle on ice style. I wanna watch a loaded team of Superstars not a bunch of amateurs.
Olympics wasn't even fun or exciting to watch last time. gotta go back to NHL being apart.
I might as well just go outside and watch the kids play its about equally as exciting

Reactions: JackFr

Thedogo

Dogs are superior to humans in every way
Mar 16, 2019
Chicago's south side
but the Russians had a pro team..... screw micacle on ice style. I wanna watch a loaded team of Superstars not a bunch of amateurs.
Olympics wasn't even fun or exciting to watch last time. gotta go back to NHL being apart.
I might as well just go outside and watch the kids play its about equally as exciting
If that's how you feel. But I feel different, plus you got guys from pro leagues in Europe and college players so I'm guessing they're still pretty good players.

Thedogo

Mar 16, 2019
Chicago's south side
Not to mention I rather see poor no namers who play to win instead of a bunch of bitchy millionaires

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I remember how my jaw dropped at Finland's team in 1998. Not so much in 2018...

I think the finnish powerplay was something like

Selänne - Koivu - Lehtinen
Kurri - Numminen

And it was amazing.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I'm fine either way. If the NHL players get to play, I get to see some amazing hockey featuring the greatest stars of the sport.

If they're not there countries like Germany (which I am obviously rooting for) have an actual chance to win a medal.
Last time Germany almost won the gold, and I don't give a damn how many asterisks anybody wants to put on that silver medal they won, they still won a friggin' silver medal at the Olympics in hockey.
And as much as I enjoy watching guys like, McDavid, Crosby, Ovie, Kane and Kucherov and all the others, I have never been as emotionally invested in any hockey games as I was during that run of Team Germany in Pyeongchang 2018, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thedogo

Mar 16, 2019
Chicago's south side
Nice try pal, you did your best.
Well considering how the NHL has become. No passion, barely any rough stuff, 20 minutes of power plays for tap on the wrist "slashes", and another 20 minutes for offsides reviews that they usually f*** up. Why would I want to see that in the Olympics? If anything its a break from that!

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Well considering how the NHL has become. No passion, barely any rough stuff, 20 minutes of power plays for tap on the wrist "slashes", and another 20 minutes for offsides reviews that they usually **** up. Why would I want to see that in the Olympics? If anything its a break from that!

IIHF got those offside reviews too.

But again, sure, I will watch the olympics, no matter who plays. Just a pitty that the worlds most skilled hockey players wont be there.

singlesliceofcheese

May 9, 2018
I think the NHL has more to gain from not participating. If for whatever chance they do participate, this would make it nearly infeasible for the Chinese team to compete (Yes, even with fringe-KHL players). If China gets smashed any worse than they already may, it could seriously hurt hockey's chances of popularizing. I know individuals posit that more exposure to NHL players in China means more exposure for the NHL and it may true in brief, but let's be honest, how many in China are going to understand the calibre of talent the NHL possesses without a reference point (It will likely be the first time seeing the game for many come 2022)? I can guarantee you it means more to the (ever-so Chauvinistic) Chinese that their team does well rather than some coming to the conclusion that the NHL is the superlative league in the world.

Reactions: Thedogo

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I wont watch a second of Olympic Hockey if NHL stars are not a part of it.
just stick to the snowboarding things.
I don't care to watch amateur's or pro's from the KHL or worse leagues.
KHL level Hockey in the Olympic's so exciting.....

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I think the NHL has more to gain from not participating. If for whatever chance they do participate, this would make it nearly infeasible for the Chinese team to compete (Yes, even with fringe-KHL players). If China gets smashed any worse than they already may, it could seriously hurt hockey's chances of popularizing. I know individuals posit that more exposure to NHL players in China means more exposure for the NHL and it may true in brief, but let's be honest, how many in China are going to understand the calibre of talent the NHL possesses without a reference point (It will likely be the first time seeing the game for many come 2022)? I can guarantee you it means more to the (ever-so Chauvinistic) Chinese that their team does well rather than some coming to the conclusion that the NHL is the superlative league in the world.
Wow. You have a disgustingly awful view of chinese people...

BOS358

Purveyor of unpopular opinions
Jul 20, 2017
Boston

Have fun. I guarantee you that USA Hockey wouldn't be anywhere near the level it is today if not for one particular minor-pro washout who never sniffed an NHL camp and a journeyman backup goaltender who could never seem to stick on a roster...

Thedogo

Mar 16, 2019
Chicago's south side
Have fun. I guarantee you that USA Hockey wouldn't be anywhere near the level it is today if not for one particular minor-pro washout who never sniffed an NHL camp and a journeyman backup goaltender who could never seem to stick on a roster...
Who was that?

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Well good thing I'm Canadian, and what are you talking about? give names. who is this minor-pro?
I dont see why any minor-pro would make the team with the NHL involved.

BOS358

Purveyor of unpopular opinions
Jul 20, 2017
Boston
Well good thing I'm Canadian, and what are you talking about? give names. who is this minor-pro?
I dont see why any minor-pro would make the team with the NHL involved.

Minor-pro washout: Mike Eruzione
Journeyman backup goalie: Jim Craig

Before 1980, hockey was a total afterthought in the US. Those two did more to grow the game in the States than practically anybody else. But go on, tell one of them that their gold medal didn't count.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Minor-pro washout: Mike Eruzione
Journeyman backup goalie: Jim Craig

Before 1980, hockey was a total afterthought in the US. Those two did more to grow the game in the States than practically anybody else. But go on, tell one of them that their gold medal didn't count.
well thats cool and all but I dont really care. I wanna see NHL stars in the Olympics. Not KHL stars....

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I think all this preliminary chatter is pretty much worthless. We all have our preferences, but right now we are just in the posturing phase of negotiations. Multiple parties will start their negotiations at some point in the future and when that happens, a result will take place one way or the other. There's good reason to suspect that either outcome may occur.

That's why I'm taking a wait and see approach for the time being.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Well that's cool and all but I don't really care. More importantly, neither does the NHL nor any of the team owners.
All the players want to. either way without the NHL part of the Olympics I doubt I'd watch anything other than the Canada - Gold game if they get there.

be nice to see the best players in the world play though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad