Prospect Info: 2022 NHL Prospect Showcase | September 16th - 19th | Invisalign Arena and PNC Arena, N.C.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Good try by the 1st pp unit of Fortier, Koepke, and Robert. Imo the 3 of them have probably been or best forwards of the tournament

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
TB maybe should have invited some free agents just so that there were some jobs on the line. The Canes have like 7 invitees.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Here's the difference between the squad who went 3-0 last year for reference.

Who's back:

Dureau
Fortier
Cajkovic
Finley
Goncavles
MacDonald
Element
Semykin
Thompson
Schmidt
Alnefelt

Who's not:

Lipanov (traded)
Huntington (traded)
Morand (traded)
Ryfors
McDonnell (not signed)
Cormier (invite)
Tufto (dnp last year/not signed)
Jones
Green (not signed)
McLeod (invite)
Winslow (invite)
Miftakhov (contract terminated)

Who was added:

Edmonds
Koepke (injured last year)
MacArthur
Robert
Usau
Mismash
Perbix
Carlile
Gill
Feist
LaFontaine

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Groulx on the team's performance:
"(Our compete level) wasn't good enough. Not near where we have to be. I think in this tournament what we saw in the three games were (other) teams that were skating and competing hard. I think our older guys did not produce offensively, but they created chances. I think for some of the guys here in the tournament they didn't have one shot on net, or a scoring chance all tournament long. I think it's a disappointing result. Last year I thought we won the three games. This year we lost the three of them. I don't think we were close. The power play did not produce, our pk was not very good, the goaltending was average, so overall not a very positive tournament. It was new for many of them, but that goes for every team. It's not like we're different. They have young players as well on the other teams. They were just better than us this week. It's for our guys to learn from it and get ready for the main camp."
"Overall I thought there were many guys surprised by the level of hockey here. It's a process, and they have to understand that here it's one thing, but next week's going to be better, and then in three weeks it's going to be even better, and in three months it's going to be even better, so it's for them to adjust."
"You're playing at this level, it's the pace of the game, and the compete of the game, and you have to fight for your space on the ice. I think for many of them it was different, and it's something that I believe they have to learn quickly."

On Dyllan Gill:
"I think Dyllan obviously is a young player. I think his effort and his game was good enough. Not probably if you ask him. I think he'd tell you he wanted to be better, but I think good enough. He did a lot of good things."

On Lucas Edmonds:
"I think he was a little bit surprised by the speed of the game and the compete. When you watch him you know he can shoot the puck and make plays, but I think it's gonna be for him to adjust to the pace of the game. Adjust to playing against men, older guys, and all that. I think Lucas is a player that's going to get better as the camp goes along and the season goes along."

On new players that stuck out:
"I think (Felix Robert) was pretty good in the three games. As I mentioned, I didn't know him well, but I thought he made some plays, and scored a goal. Like I said, I don't think we had a lot of finishing touches this week, but overall I thought Robby was good. I thought Carlile on defense was probably one of our best D with (Nick Perbix). I was impressed also with Tyson Feist. The guy signed with us last year, he got here, not intimidated, showed a lot of compete (against Florida) especially. So I thought he did well."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad