Prospect Info: 2022 NHL Prospect Showcase | September 16th - 19th | Invisalign Arena and PNC Arena, N.C.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Admission to all games is free.
all games will be streamed live on CarolinaHurricanes.com.

Schedule:

Friday, Sept. 16th: 1 p.m. - Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Nashville Predators (Invisalign Arena)

Sunday, Sept. 18th: 1 p.m. - Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers (PNC Arena)

Monday, Sept. 19th: 1 p.m. - Carolina Hurricanes vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (PNC Arena)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Rookie camp starts September 14th and 15th at the TGH IcePlex before flying to Raleigh

Roster:

32 Jaydon Dureau
34 Bennett MacArthur
39 Cam MacDonald
42 Felix Robert
45 Cole Koepke
51 Max Cajkovic
54 Lucas Edmonds
58 Ilya Usau
61 Grant Mismash
62 Jack Finley
82 Gabriel Fortier
83 Shawn Element
93 Gage Goncalves

48 Nick Perbix
57 Dyllan Gill
59 Tyson Feist
64 Jack Thompson
67 Declan Carlile
76 Roman Schmidt
78 Dmitry Semykin

35 Jack LaFontaine
60 Hugo Alnefelt

Last edited:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA

Rookie camp starts September 14th and 15th at the TGH IcePlex before flying to Raleigh

Roster:

32 Jaydon Dureau
34 Bennett MacArthur
39 Cam MacDonald
42 Felix Robert
45 Cole Koepke
51 Max Cajkovic
54 Lucas Edmonds
58 Ilya Usau
61 Grant Mismash
62 Jack Finley
82 Gabriel Fortier
83 Shawn Element
93 Gage Goncalves

48 Nick Perbix
57 Dyllan Gill
59 Tyson Feist
64 Jack Thompson
67 Declan Carlile
76 Roman Schmidt
78 Dmitry Semykin

35 Jack LaFontaine
60 Hugo Alnefelt

That is a pretty decent starting point with LaFontaine and Alnfelt in goal. Defense looks good as well with Perbix andd Carlile. Feist may be the sleeper of the defensemen. Koepke should be first line up front, will be interesting to see how he has progressed.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Hockey at 1pm today :)

Some things I want to see:

- Hugo Alnefelt play well. He didn’t look so great in this tournament last year. Imo I thought Miftakhov, who he split the games with, looked better than him. And then obviously he didn’t have the kind of season we all hoped for in Syracuse. Usually these September rookie tournaments are not kind to goalies, but I’d like to see him be a little more competitive and roll into training camp/preseason on the right foot.

- Speaking of starting off on the right foot, Koepke and Fortier need to have good tournaments. Last year Koepke didn’t play due to an injury and Fortier was somewhat quiet before emerging in the preseason. Both these guys will probably wear a letter here as the veteran prospects before fighting for Cirelli’s open roster spot in training camp. This is a good time to start that competition now.

- Roman Schmidt. He had a quiet tournament last year which was understandable as one of the younger guys. He’s a year older, and hopefully we will see some of the improvements he’s made physically growing into that huge frame of his. Some of the reports from the US junior evaluation camp were very positive, so I’m excited to see. With Perbix and Thompson here, this is probably the best right handed d group we’ve had at a tournament like this.

- and then lastly I just want to see some of the new guys I haven’t seen before. Edmonds and Usau the most.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Hockey at 1pm today :)

Some things I want to see:

- Hugo Alnefelt play well. He didn’t look so great in this tournament last year. Imo I thought Miftakhov, who he split the games with, looked better than him. And then obviously he didn’t have the kind of season we all hoped for in Syracuse. Usually these September rookie tournaments are not kind to goalies, but I’d like to see him be a little more competitive and roll into training camp/preseason on the right foot.

- Speaking of starting off on the right foot, Koepke and Fortier need to have good tournaments. Last year Koepke didn’t play due to an injury and Fortier was somewhat quiet before emerging in the preseason. Both these guys will probably wear a letter here as the veteran prospects before fighting for Cirelli’s open roster spot in training camp. This is a good time to start that competition now.

- Roman Schmidt. He had a quiet tournament last year which was understandable as one of the younger guys. He’s a year older, and hopefully we will see some of the improvements he’s made physically growing into that huge frame of his. Some of the reports from the US junior evaluation camp were very positive, so I’m excited to see. With Perbix and Thompson here, this is probably the best right handed d group we’ve had at a tournament like this.

- and then lastly I just want to see some of the new guys I haven’t seen before. Edmonds and Usau the most.

The one thing I'll say about Schmidt as a Rangers fan is that having a quiet game is his MO, but in a good way. While he does have some offensive potential, the defensive side of his game really shines. He plays a safe, positionallly sound game and it's effective. This makes it easy to go through a game without really noticing him, but for a defensive defenseman I'd say that indicates a job well done.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Ex-Lightning prospect Jimmy Huntington is in the lineup for Nashville and wearing an 'A'

Kinda surprised he's here since he's off his ELC and on to his 2nd contract. This isn't really a tournament for guys who have played 3 years in the AHL/ECHL already

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
This is gonna be a nightmare if the stream keeps cutting out lol

The next "Giraffe" Jack Finley

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I believe the lines look like this

42 ROBERT - 58 USAU - 45 KOEPKE
82 FORTIER - 62 FINLEY - 93 GONCALVES
34 MACARTHUR - 83 ELEMENT - 54 EDMONDS
61 MISMASH - 39 MACDONALD - 51 CAJKOVIC

67 CARLILE - 48 PERBIX
57 GILL - 64 THOMPSON
59 FEIST - 76 SCHMIDT

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
So far nothing too impressive. Fortier looks like hes ready to be the next pesty small guy (hopefully he can carry that to the NHL level).

In typical Lightning fashion, give up the first goal due to a dumb penalty

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I see the timekeepers plans, give us the 1-0 lead so we turtle and let Alnefelt have some fun

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
So far nothing too impressive. Fortier looks like hes ready to be the next pesty small guy (hopefully he can carry that to the NHL level).

In typical Lightning fashion, give up the first goal due to a dumb penalty
The first game (especially the first periods) of these showcases are normally kind of trash when it comes to structure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad