Post-Game Talk: 2022 NHL Playoffs - Round 2: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers | 4-0 WIN

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
I thought Ruuta played exceedingly well. Great first game. Suffocated them at even strength. Vasy faced a ton of shots, but they weren't the highest quality, we gotta keep the amount of quality chances down like they did last night.
I thought the same about ruuta. Seemed like they were calling his name all night and in a good way.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I thought Ruuta played exceedingly well. Great first game. Suffocated them at even strength. Vasy faced a ton of shots, but they weren't the highest quality, we gotta keep the amount of quality chances down like they did last night.
I thought the same about ruuta. Seemed like they were calling his name all night and in a good way.
Praise be to the Apostle, Jan Rutta. I, the High Priest of the Church of the Apostle, Jan Rutta, welcome your wayward souls for salvation. Praise be on to the Apostle, Jan Rutta, for guiding you to us.

twenty5psi

Feb 27, 2018
Per EE Cernak is at practice and is expected to play tomorrow. Point ruled out for tomorrow, hoping that has to do more with Game 1 win than anything else.

Reactions: bigdaddio

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Who is our MVP at this point in the playoffs? Hedman? Feels like the Leafs series was about as complete a team win, with full team warts, as you can possibly have.
I think something we have is experience. Now thats something Pittsburgh and Washington had both are out. Playoffs can be so much about picking the right time to do what you want but knowing how random it is and then vasi lol. Blocking shots. Crazy to say but those long runs and sweep taught us alot over the years. Maybe Cooper the most.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think something we have is experience. Now thats something Pittsburgh and Washington had both are out. Playoffs can be so much about picking the right time to do what you want but knowing how random it is and then vasi lol. Blocking shots. Crazy to say but those long runs and sweep taught us alot over the years. Maybe Cooper the most.
Agreed. I think what separated us from Toronto, as lame as it sounds, is we know how to win a big game and they don't. Sure, we got a bounce or two to get there, but in the 3rd period of Game 7, we looked like the team that won two cups. Locked it down air tight.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
Agreed. I think what separated us from Toronto, as lame as it sounds, is we know how to win a big game and they don't. Sure, we got a bounce or two to get there, but in the 3rd period of Game 7, we looked like the team that won two cups. Locked it down air tight.
I felt strangely calm watching the 3rd period of game 7. This team has held so many 1 goal leads in the playoffs the last few years. Re this series: I'm shocked that the cats came out so lackluster in game 1. There was no life in that building whatsoever! It felt like a non-rival preseason game. I expect game 2 to be a slobberknocker.

As far as a premature MVP call. Kuch. He drives me crazy with his stupid 50/50 spectacular/turnover passing but he's been mostly good Kuch lately. I'd love it if Hedman takes his game up a notch in these playoffs and he's solid like always, but he looks slightly off to me. Not bad just not Hedmonster the Norse God.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Who is our MVP at this point in the playoffs? Hedman? Feels like the Leafs series was about as complete a team win, with full team warts, as you can possibly have.
It feels like you could pick a different hero for each of the wins.

Game 2 was Hedman scoring a goal, hitting Perry with a pass on his breakaway, and then 2 more assists for dessert

Game 4 you could say Ross Colton for starting us out strong and then scoring a goal to make it 4-0 and then closing the door with another empty netter

Game 6 was Brayden Point in OT

Game 7 was Vasy or Nick Paul

And then game 1 vs Florida is obviously Kuch

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Gotta go with Hedman. Not sure how the point totals look but he's been unbeatable defensively

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
It’s absolutely ridiculous that Amalie scheduled a concert tonight. I wonder if this even got run by Vinik

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
...Does this series feel to anyone else like the 2019 sweep vs. CBJ? But with us in the CBJ role. It feels like we are kind of doing to Florida, stylistically, what CBJ did to us.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
It’s absolutely ridiculous that Amalie scheduled a concert tonight. I wonder if this even got run by Vinik
That's true, but I don't think you'll find anyone on TB who isn't relishing the extra day of recovery time. Despite no serious injuries that we're aware of, Friday's win took a larger than normal playoff game toll. I think it's a good break for us both literally and figuratively.

The cumulative effects of all of the hockey in the past two years plus is starting to show and it's going to take a monumental effort to make it over the finish line. That said, they have proven that they are up to the challenge.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad