Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
The wingspan eases my concerns.
I still like Nemec more but I would be stoked to get Cooley
Ask Zito if he'll do Chych for Lundell straight up. They may have had a change of plans after the embarrassment from their in-state rivals. Then draft Nemec.
Or just draft Cooley anyway and have Cooley and Lundell as top 2 C's. Hayton projects to be a great third line center leaving McBain as 4C.
Then do as rt suggests and load up mostly on defensemen the rest of the way this draft.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Ask Zito if he'll do Chych for Lundell straight up. They may have had a change of plans after the embarrassment from their in-state rivals. Then draft Nemec.
Or just draft Cooley anyway and have Cooley and Lundell as top 2 C's. Hayton projects to be a great third line center leaving McBain as 4C.
Then do as rt suggests and load up mostly on defensemen the rest of the way this draft.
As badly as Florida’s D was exposed against Tampa would think the Panthers would jump at Chych for Lundell.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Ossi Vaananen is the only good memory I have of Coyote defensemen picks in the late 1st and early 2nd. Bahl looks promising too but we barely got to see him. Checking the list, I suppose Murphy just about qualifies at 20th but he had some pretty scary injury history.

Safronov, Spiller, Stephenson were exciting and won high praise and much acclaim in juniors before busting. Summers, Nick Ross, Westerlund makes that something like a 70% bust rate for the cohort. Jury is still out on PO Joseph 5 years after his draft and he was still picked higher than the picks we have in the late 1st/early 2nd.

We can add to that highly trumpeted prospects like Dave Tanabe and Igor Knyazev (won WJC best dman) who were exciting at the time.

The d-prospects in this range are for me really the most interesting part of this draft and I have some favorites there. Hopefully we have better scouts this time around but long-time Coyote fans have seen so many come and fail. It's one reason I'm willing to reach for a top 5 defenseman who can impact the game and grow into a leadership role if Chychrun is on his way out.

Reactions: Kaizen

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
NJD has good draft content on their site.

100% agree (that NJD's draft content is excellent). Just watched this Slaf interview, seems like a really likable guy, imo comes across much more likable than Shane Wright (yes I know my username and also that likability doesn't win cups). Either way if he falls to us he's a guy I'd cheer for (will probably cheer for him anyway)

EDIT: Here's Shane and Cooley (and also Gauthier) -- good thing Shane wasn't asked what 2 + 2 * 2 was lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Nowotny

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Anyone know where we can find the full list of combine results? I can find a top 25 version and I have found incomplete lists of heights and weights from bloggers who attended but is there anyplace where the actual results are?

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40

I really want Gauthier on the Coyotes.
Unfortunately the only way I see that happening is if we get lucky in a Chychrun trade. In my moch I have Seattle taking Nemec, Gauthier going to Philly, and Jiricek going to Columbus, so I don't see it as a possibility.
Just a dream...
MACCELLI - GAUTHIER - GUENTHER

Now I'm hoping McBain can be that player...

Last edited:

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Cooley smoked Wright during fitness testing.

Not that it matters much. Or at all.

But I personally no longer have any concerns about Cooley’s size or physical limitations.

The wingspan eases my concerns.

I already didn't care about Cooley's height, with or without the wingspan measurements or other fitness testing results. Pat LaFontaine was 5'10 and had an average wingspan. :)

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I actually think our best shot at trading Chychrun goes to St Louis.

Something around Neighbors

I'd rather target Bolduc over Neighbours, but either one of them + their 2023 1st is a great start to a package given the depth of next year's draft and the number of picks we already have this year.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'd rather target Bolduc over Neighbours, but either one of them + their 2023 1st is a great start to a package given the depth of next year's draft and the number of picks we already have this year.
I watched quite a lot of Quebec and Edmonton this year. I like Neighbours a lot more, personally. I’d take Neighbours alone over Bolduc and a 2nd, as an illustration.

Reactions: jmelm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad