2022 NHL Draft Thread: And with the 12th pick, Minnesota Selects..

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Knowing what we know about brackett has made a few things obvious. He loves high-end skill and creativity. Those seem to be the traits he values the most. That’s why we thought, and we’re right, that he would love Kent Johnson. My bet for this year is that he is going to be in love with Lambert. World class skater with as much puck skills and creativity as anyone in the draft. If Lambert falls outside the top 5 like some are speculating might happen over the course of the year, I could see us packing a bunch of picks to move up if we’re already in the 8-12 range.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Knowing what we know about brackett has made a few things obvious. He loves high-end skill and creativity. Those seem to be the traits he values the most. That’s why we thought, and we’re right, that he would love Kent Johnson. My bet for this year is that he is going to be in love with Lambert. World class skater with as much puck skills and creativity as anyone in the draft. If Lambert falls outside the top 5 like some are speculating might happen over the course of the year, I could see us packing a bunch of picks to move up if we’re already in the 8-12 range.
Let us try and nab Geekie or Savoie alternatively. Trade all the picks.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
2022 eligible Joakim Kemell 1 + 1 today to add to his goal a couple days ago (Liiga). Trending up fast

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
This draft is really deep. Noah Ostlund is someone I’m looking at as a potential top 6 center in the NHL. He should make the WJC-20 team this year.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
This draft is really deep. Noah Ostlund is someone I’m looking at as a potential top 6 center in the NHL. He should make the WJC-20 team this year.
Similarly, Ohgren and Lekkerimaki are also tearing it up on Djurgarden’s junior team. All three players are over 2ppg at the u20 level in Sweden this year. Lekkerimaki and really shoot it. I’ll have to watch this team a couple times this year. Some exciting players.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I'm just glad the current management values draft picks. When your draft prize is Goose Olafsson or Ivan Lodnia, tough to get excited about the farm.

Wild system has never looked better: rich assortment of high-end talent all around the rink.

kegstandbyme

Apr 12, 2010
Saint Paul, Minnesota
You're not getting a top 10 pick for Fiala. With how badly Guerin has screwed up his contract situation, you're probably looking at what Zucker got

That ended up being Guerin’s best trade. The two prospects we walked away with could very well be a future defensive pairing. If we get a team’s better prospect and a first round pick (with similar stipulations) that’s a win in my book. You have to think he’s going to trade the pending RFA’s by the next draft (Fiala, Greenway).

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
That ended up being Guerin’s best trade. The two prospects we walked away with could very well be a future defensive pairing. If we get a team’s better prospect and a first round pick (with similar stipulations) that’s a win in my book. You have to think he’s going to trade the pending RFA’s by the next draft (Fiala, Greenway).
Greenway for sure, Fiala is 50/50

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think they are going to try and bridge Greenway, and sign Fiala, but so much depends on what kind of year they have this year. Both players have huge ability to affect the game, but neither has shown consistency. In Fiala's case you can argue that he hasn't been given decent linemates for an extended time.

Fiala should be a 60+ pt producer in the NHL, if he is given #1 PP TOI. More, if given better linemates.

Greenway should be a 40- 45 pt guy with next to no PP TOI. That's fine. I need to see him work on his skating and conditioning so he can get in fast on the forecheck, and back on D using his long stick. Foligno and JEE have to be models for him in that regard. Foligno is 5 years older than him- I would like to see Greenway take over, and surpass his role, minus the fighting, in the future. I don't know how long Foligno's body will take the pounding his style of play incurs.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think they are going to try and bridge Greenway, and sign Fiala, but so much depends on what kind of year they have this year. Both players have huge ability to affect the game, but neither has shown consistency. In Fiala's case you can argue that he hasn't been given decent linemates for an extended time.

Fiala should be a 60+ pt producer in the NHL, if he is given #1 PP TOI. More, if given better linemates.

Greenway should be a 40- 45 pt guy with next to no PP TOI. That's fine. I need to see him work on his skating and conditioning so he can get in fast on the forecheck, and back on D using his long stick. Foligno and JEE have to be models for him in that regard. Foligno is 5 years older than him- I would like to see Greenway take over, and surpass his role, minus the fighting, in the future. I don't know how long Foligno's body will take the pounding his style of play incurs.

He already is.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Just pray they trade Zucc and keep Fiala... Hopefully that's still an option?

Ask Kaprizov...

I'd say Guerin doesn't like Fiala because the kid only thinks about himself, and not so much about the team. He thinks he's worth 8-9M a year, but that's not the way to go. Wouldn't surprise me if he's on Guerin's trade block.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Ask Kaprizov...

I'd say Guerin doesn't like Fiala because the kid only thinks about himself, and not so much about the team. He thinks he's worth 8-9M a year, but that's not the way to go. Wouldn't surprise me if he's on Guerin's trade block.
I'm not going to ask Kap to make roster decisions. That's the GM's job, not a player's job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad