2022 NHL Draft Thread: And with the 12th pick, Minnesota Selects..

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Well, 2021 draft went pretty well in my eyes. Atleast we probably don’t have to worry about taking a goalie in the first round again for a while. I’ll leave this here:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
12th pick? Obviously you haven’t been reading the forums. We’re destined for #1…. For years to come.

Reactions: Wild11MN

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
The central might be trash this year so I think there is a pretty good chance the Wild make the playoffs. Colorado is good. Dallas is good every other year and this is an up year. Besides that nobody else really stands out as a dangerous team.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
The central might be trash this year so I think there is a pretty good chance the Wild make the playoffs. Colorado is good. Dallas is good every other year and this is an up year. Besides that nobody else really stands out as a dangerous team.
St. Louis is good. Winnipeg, with an improved defense, is good. Nashville is better than us.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Still a lot of work to be done and variables unknown.

Defense is largely known at this point which will be a significant downgrade. Extremely thin for capable replacements as well. This will likely bleed into goaltending which will likely see a dip in quality.

If Fiala and Kaprizov are back, they team should be able to continue to score at last year’s levels. Not sure they will be able overcome the dips on the other ends without a significant add at center.

Chicago has a lot of unknowns. They could surprise. I don’t see Dallas or Nashville as particularly impressive. Think the Wild are on par with those three and looking up at the others for now.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Anybody from around the area ever watch Ryan Chesley play growing up? From Mahtomedi if I remember correctly. I’ve heard some people say he’s the best Minnesota born player in a long time.

Speaking of Minnesota players, I saw Maddox a few times when he was at Shattuck. Looked like someone who has a real good shot to be an NHLer to me.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Anybody from around the area ever watch Ryan Chesley play growing up? From Mahtomedi if I remember correctly. I’ve heard some people say he’s the best Minnesota born player in a long time.

Speaking of Minnesota players, I saw Maddox a few times when he was at Shattuck. Looked like someone who has a real good shot to be an NHLer to me.

Looks like a few good prospects out of the 2021-22 U17 team. Probably not to the 2019 level but better than this year it seems.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I’ve never seen him but from what I’ve heard from people who have seen him around here before going the NTDP route is he about the best true skating talent to come through MN in quite some time. Other tools not near up to par.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Looks like a few good prospects out of the 2021-22 U17 team. Probably not to the 2019 level but better than this year it seems.
Logan Cooley is somebody whose popped out at me watching the WJSS. I’d keep an eye on him as someone we could get in the 5-10 range of the draft.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Just numbers-wise, this Howard guy with 54 in 34 looks pretty nice compared to Boldy (76 in 61) and Zegras (59 in 56).
I saw him play at Shattuck as well when he was playing Bantams. Small guy, looks like he’s grown a bit. Really good scoring instincts I think. He’ll probably go lower than the numbers would suggest. Scouts don’t often take players that lack size and aren’t great skaters in the top 10. I think he’s fine, but a lot of scouts feel like when you’re picking in that range that there will be somebody there that is a real good skater so why pass on that.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I like the Finn with the American name

Brad Lambert? He's got a Canadian dad. Old man Lambert apparently spent most of his career playing hockey in UK of all places and, well, seems like he bagged a Finnish lady on the way. The result is a kid that's pretty good at this hockey thing.

Reactions: Leeves

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

I saw an early mock have us draft Maddox

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
At least 2022 is loaded with centers. Maybe BG and the team are legit looking at that, which is a bummer, but let’s hope they can still pull a rabbit out of a hat this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad