GDT: 2022 NHL Draft: Round 1, Thursday 07/07 on ESPN @ 4:00 PM PST. Rounds 2-7, Friday 07/08 on NHL Network @ 8 AM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Columbus had to add a 6th round pick and retain salary to Domi and only received a fairly pedestrian return in the prospect Hreshuk. Not to mention, Domi would have cost Seattle 6 million in actually salary. Passing On Domi was a pretty smart move, imo.

Ghost actually cost Philly a 2nd and a 7th to dump after expansion. With the Covid cap issues, the entire market was flat. Most players that had value that were going to be exposed, where flipped before the draft.

Everyone is still claiming Francis screwed up, but the truth is that there really was no market.
A lot of NHL GM's gave RF the 1 finger salute. It will be great when Seattle has tons of cap room while other franchises blow and he takes away their Star players

That's because it's all about narrative and how to make yourself feel better by trying to laugh at others.

I mean, I've heard so much shit about that and it seems lilke there's always a new guy being thrown in their as the flavor of the month.

Last I heard people critisizing Francis for not taking Matt Duchene of Nashville even though absolutley no one was touching that contract at the time the expansion draft was actually held.
Duchene was looking terrible and the last few years no one except God would have taken that contract and have it blow up in Seattle's face

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I would add Goyette to that list for sure. Ben McDonald is a massive question mark to me right now.
Francis' notes on MacDonald are very interesting. Seems like he was drafted somewhat for potential due to pedigree than anything. Both of his parents played in the Ivy League and his dad is a Harvard legend apparently. He's also good enough to have been insisted on by the NE regional Kraken scouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad