Votes: 5 45.5%
  • #5 - No luck this time around, but hey it's still a top five pick

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
After a season in which we finally got to see an NHL team in Seattle, but also had to watch quite some bad or unsuccessfull hockey the Kraken finished the season with the 3rd worst record in the league and secured a top five pick.

This will be the same position we've been in last year when we got lucky and moved up a spot to select Matty Beniers at #2 overall.

The lottery odds for the Kraken are:
#1 OVR = 11.5 %
#2 OVR = 11.5 %
#3 OVR = 7.4 %
#4 OVR = 40.7 %
#5 OVR = 28.8 %

So the most likely outcome would be the #4 pick, followed by #5 and then #1, #2 and #3.

Here's the draft simulator of Tankathon if you want to play the lottery for yourself.

And if you want to not just simulate the lottery but also decide who we would draft you can use this site.

Anyways, if people got some lucky charms they should keep them around for May 10th and it should be interesting to see what the lottery will bring us.

BTW: Where do you guys think our draft pick will land?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Well, that #3 spot's a bit strange cause there's only a top two draw and movement is expected because of the lottery.
Yeah. I guess this has to do more with the change in the lottery system. I would be freaking thrilled if we can stay in the top-4. Wright, Cooley, Nemec or Slaf would be freaking awesome.

Curious as to what a lot of folks have at 5 behind those 4?

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Yeah. I guess this has to do more with the change in the lottery system. I would be freaking thrilled if we can stay in the top-4. Wright, Cooley, Nemec or Slaf would be freaking awesome.

Curious as to what a lot of folks have at 5 behind those 4?

JIRICEK

And I think you can debate if he goes as the first defenseman.

Reactions: GrungeHockey

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
People have definitely argued about the best between those 2 so interesting to see where it goes. Once we have the real spot for us after the lottery I plan on making a poll to see who we want to pick up .. :)

We'll have loads of time to discuss that between May 11th and July 7th. ;)

BTW: Who do you guys think will win the lottery?
My pick is either Montreal or Chicago.

Montreal because they need some talent and the draft will be held there.
Chicago because the league certainly wants them to be relevant and with them in need for talent to start their rebuilt.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
We'll have loads of time to discuss that between May 11th and July 7th. ;)

BTW: Who do you guys think will win the lottery?
My pick is either Montreal or Chicago.

Montreal because they need some talent and the draft will be held there.
Chicago because the league certainly wants them to be relevant and with them in need for talent to start their rebuilt.
I see @The Marquis and my draft lottery conspiracy theories have started to turn would be rational folks.... :naughty:

I said it would be Chicago at midseason, and nothing has changed my mind in terms of where i think the league wants talent.

That said, I don't think this years prize is worth bothering with a fix, so I am changing my answer, and Arizona wins first overall this year, and Chicago gets the big prize next season when it is actually worth winning.

• Haha
Reactions: RainyCityHockey

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Maybe time to sticky this one?

How's everyone feeling about tomorrow and the draft lottery odds of the Kraken?
Nervous?
Relaxed?
What draft lottery?

Also, get you lucky charms ready, i guess.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Maybe time to sticky this one?

How's everyone feeling about tomorrow and the draft lottery odds of the Kraken?
Nervous?
Relaxed?
What draft lottery?

Also, get you lucky charms ready, i guess.
I voted #2. Because, why not?

Though realistically, this may be the draft where there is as good a chance that any player in the top-5 ends up being the best player in the draft. I genuinely don't care about winning the lottery here to get Wright. Cooley is my preference but at the same time I think Slaf/Nemec/Jirickek can be really dominant players in the league.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I voted #2. Because, why not?

Though realistically, this may be the draft where there is as good a chance that any player in the top-5 ends up being the best player in the draft. I genuinely don't care about winning the lottery here to get Wright. Cooley is my preference but at the same time I think Slaf/Nemec/Jirickek can be really dominant players in the league.

So steady at #2 for the Kraken? :D

Would be quite strange for a winter sports/indoor team in Seattle given that the Sonics never had the #1 and only twice the #2 pick(Payton & Durant) in their 41 year history.

But hey, I'd take.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Going to be nice to have more focused speculation beginning tomorrow afternoon.

I voted #4, because I definitely set myself up for the least amount of disappointment. Now, you may ask.. Why not 5? Because to me, 4 and 5 are equal this year and 4 has the higher odds, so if we don't get 1-3, I don't care which of 4 or 5 we get.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Once again, as I had it in the wrong thread.

Let's all wish for the best tonight.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And of coures let's keep our

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Not worried. Top 5 are all good. Only starts to get iffy at #6.

But of course, still prefer Wright.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
For the first time ever, I care about two teams and they're both in the bottom-5.:laugh:

I'm still really feeling Jiricek for the Kraken, Simon Nemec for the Flyers.

Frankly no one deserves to pick higher then the brand-new expansion team, who hasn't had a chance to tank or make poor roster decisions yet (unlike a bunch of other teams) but that is beyond our control.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
I'm torn on winning as I'd like to keep the option to move up open for future years, notably net season. With a guaranteed top 5 pick, I'm fine with wherever we land.

On the other hand, get the best pick & player every single opportunity. This will help us get to the playoffs and out of mediocrity fastest.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I'm torn on winning as I'd like to keep the option to move up open for future years, notably net season. With a guaranteed top 5 pick, I'm fine with wherever we land.

On the other hand, get the best pick & player every single opportunity. This will help us get to the playoffs and out of mediocrity fastest.
The new lottery rules did not go into effect before this lottery, so Seattle can win today and still win next year.

I don't know about you, but if they win this lottery and then again next season and draft top two, I would be very content and more than happy with being ineligible for the next three lotteries. :nod:

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Getting 2 1OA picks in a short span seems great… then you look at New Jersey (who is my #2 and long time #1, so I’ll talk all the shit) and you realize it doesn’t solve everything.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Played it one final time on tankathon and got the following result.

1 - Montreal
2 - New Jersey
3 - Arizona
4 - Seattle
5 - Philadelphia

Let's wait and see what the actual result will be.
Nice. I just did one on Tankathon:

1 - Ducks (+9)
2 - Kraken (+1)
3 - Habs (-2)
4 - Coyotes (-2)

Did a different on on Draft Prospect Hockey:

1 - Devils (+4)
2 - Habs (-1)
3 - Coyotes (-1)
4 - Kraken (-1)

Those are my last ones before the draft. Big jumps for both the teams ending up 1 OA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad