NFL: 2022 NFL Trade Deadline

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Deadline day itself is a snoozefest in the NFL but there's usually a blockbuster or two some time in the few weeks leading up. Rams always have something up their sleeve. Packers and Bucs may want to go all in if they feel their windows are slamming shut.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Deadline day itself is a snoozefest in the NFL but there's usually a blockbuster or two some time in the few weeks leading up. Rams always have something up their sleeve. Packers and Bucs may want to go all in if they feel their windows are slamming shut.
I think Buffalo and KC should be going in with the mindset of fixing an area of weakness. Buffalo, improve the run game and or find a S to replace Hyde.

KC find a deeper threat WR.

TB, aside from health what is the area of need? WR or OL?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think Buffalo and KC should be going in with the mindset of fixing an area of weakness. Buffalo, improve the run game and or find a S to replace Hyde.

I wouldn’t say Rw.

For that it’s about health with them

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Broncos have all these names out there, yes this season is shitty, but they’re still in a win-now mode unless they think Chubb is about to go off a Cliff and/or they’re so far apart on a contract and already know they won’t tag him. Defense is the reason they’ve won what they have.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO

The Chiefs biggest area of need by far is a pass rusher, particularly with Clark set to miss two games now. Outside of Jones (who is having a monster season) they simply can't generate a rush without bringing a blitz. MVS has his flaws but he is on the roster almost exclusively for his ability to take the top off a defense and be a deep threat. The pass catching group is largely fine. I wouldn't be opposed to them adding a WR, but it's not at all the top priority.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Chiefs biggest area of need by far is a pass rusher, particularly with Clark set to miss two games now. Outside of Jones (who is having a monster season) they simply can't generate a rush without bringing a blitz. MVS has his flaws but he is on the roster almost exclusively for his ability to take the top off a defense and be a deep threat. The pass catching group is largely fine. I wouldn't be opposed to them adding a WR, but it's not at all the top priority.
For a DE, there is Quinn from Chicago whose base this season is $12.8. Chubb from Denver on his 5th year option. Don’t get the sense that Carolina will move Burns. Unless they are totally blowing up the roster.

Reactions: The Note

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Lot of activity so far. I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to an exciting deadline day tomorrow, but looking forward to it more than in most years

Reactions: Langdon Alger

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Lot of activity so far. I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to an exciting deadline day tomorrow, but looking forward to it more than in most years
I think a few teams need to try to shore up something.

Buffalo, power RB to give them a tough runner to complement the shiftier Singletary.

Bengals, OL got owned by Cleveland tonight. Anyone they can add to help them? Plus their CB Awuzie went down.
Rams, also need OL and RB.
GB, which WR could they get that ARod would be comfortable throwing to?

Aside the the usual depth pieces as well.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I think a few teams need to try to shore up something.

Buffalo, power RB to give them a tough runner to complement the shiftier Singletary.

Bengals, OL got owned by Cleveland tonight. Anyone they can add to help them? Plus their CB Awuzie went down.
Rams, also need OL and RB.
GB, which WR could they get that ARod would be comfortable throwing to?

Aside the the usual depth pieces as well.
David Montgomery

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO

The Rams reportedly offered two first rounders for Burns which is incredibly on brand and mildly surprising the Panthers didn't take it. Even if the picks would be a couple years down the road (because the Rams are always trading their firsts).

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

The Rams reportedly offered two first rounders for Burns which is incredibly on brand and mildly surprising the Panthers didn't take it. Even if the picks would be a couple years down the road (because the Rams are always trading their firsts).

Expecting a splash for us one way or the other. OL is the biggest need for us, but I’m not sure many game hangers are available.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

On one hand, I get turning this down. The Panthers need help now. They're going to be rebooting the franchise again and don't want to trade away one of their few excellent and still young players only to have that move pay off years from now.

On the other hand, by the time those Rams picks come due, the Rams are probably going to be absolutely terrible. Donald will be retired. Stafford will be broken down or retired. Their years of trading away picks will lead the team to be a mess. Taking this trade could mean getting a couple of very very high picks at a time when the new Panthers regime should be seeing their turnaround under way.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Wild to me they'd turn that trade down. The Rams are already sliding downhill and those picks are 2 and 3 years out respectively.

That's a gamble I'm willing to make given at minimum they're likely in the top half of the draft.

Worst comes to worst you could use them as a package to move up if there's someone you really like in 24 or 25.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wild to me they'd turn that trade down. The Rams are already sliding downhill and those picks are 2 and 3 years out respectively.

That's a gamble I'm willing to make given at minimum they're likely in the top half of the draft.

Worst comes to worst you could use them as a package to move up if there's someone you really like in 24 or 25.
A new HC would want to have players now. So I get Carolina not dealing him since they are shopping for a new HC this off season.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
On one hand, I get turning this down. The Panthers need help now. They're going to be rebooting the franchise again and don't want to trade away one of their few excellent and still young players only to have that move pay off years from now.

On the other hand, by the time those Rams picks come due, the Rams are probably going to be absolutely terrible. Donald will be retired. Stafford will be broken down or retired. Their years of trading away picks will lead the team to be a mess. Taking this trade could mean getting a couple of very very high picks at a time when the new Panthers regime should be seeing their turnaround under way.
I do understand the value in not full scorching the roster and hanging on to the proven talent you have in house. That being said...this is a total scorched earth rebuild in all reality and having extra firsts - particularly firsts that have the potential to be higher with the way the Rams roster is shaping up, I think you have to do it. If for no other reason you could use one of those firsts and move up for a QB if you really find a guy you like this year or next, which should be step one for Carolina. But I get the logic from Carolina, to a degree.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Depends on the quality of the HC they are searching for. If the first was for this year and next I’d pull th e trigger on the deal. Getting them in 2025 vs 2023 draft is a big difference. Campbell is in year 2 and he’s under the gun with the lions play. So 2 years doesn’t seem like a long time for a new HC but in today’s world owners expect the roster to improve wins wise.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
A lot of quality coaches aren't going to be eager to sign up for a job where they're staring down a one win season. They know it's very rare for the guy to be on the job during a tank to survive it once the roster turns around.

But a trade like this makes you a very favorable destination for a top end GM. GMs love taking over teams with empty cupboards and delayed draft capital because it buys a GM a lot of time before their job performance starts to be questioned.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
The Rams need Oline help but Kareem Hunt would help the run game imo. Could be had fairly cheap if you believe the rumours.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rams have never shied away from the price on a guy they want, and they would use Hunt more than the teams they're competing against

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad