Which of these forward prospects would you include in a trade?

Choose wisely!

• Kulich

Votes: 33 47.1%
  • Savoie

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Wahlberg

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Ostlund

Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Hang on.... he's just turned 20. This is an amazing take. Terrible which is why it's amazing.

That's why Kulich was getting the center checking details against guys like Barre-Boulet and Fix-Wolanski and I see you weren't watching that. 'kay.

He might, the kid's got an amazing game thus far at his tier and I can't wait to see him up a level.

Kulich has enough game where he can play down the lineup and can do so in different positions than Vic. That's why they haven't shoved him into the lineup in the NHL yet. Most players are just arriving in the AHL at his age. Disappointment? Bah. That's silly.
1) He is a turnstile in the playoffs. All I hear all year is how amazing Kulich is. Why did he not make the team? Why was he useless as a callup?

2) getting the job and performing it well are different,

3) You saw it when he was called up, an absolute ghost.

4) He was always an average player who was more NHL ready, that is why he was such a big deal. He was there in the 20's for a reason, low upside.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
1) He is a turnstile in the playoffs. All I hear all year is how amazing Kulich is. Why did he not make the team? Why was he useless as a callup?

4) He was always an average player who was more NHL ready, that is why he was such a big deal. He was there in the 20's for a reason, low upside.

Lol.. dude doubled down

Reactions: Gabrielor

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

The entire f***ing team was a bunch of ghosts this season

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Did you miss Kulich in last years playoffs? More often than not, he was Rochesters best forward. And Rochester was a Final Four team. He was a final 4 team's best forward in the playoffs.....at 18/19. That's insanely good.

As far as being a ghost....he played exactly one game. Did you expect him to come in and set the NHL on fire?

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Did you miss Kulich in last years playoffs? More often than not, he was Rochesters best forward. And Rochester was a Final Four team. He was a final 4 team's best forward in the playoffs.....at 18/19. That's insanely good.

As far as being a ghost....he played exactly one game. Did you expect him to come in and set the NHL on fire?

The complaints are ridiculous. If you want to be worried about what happened for two dozen or so when he disappeared. That might be legit. What exactly happened?

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009

My standard for a player’s debut is roughly Auston Matthews level

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Just so everyone knows- I'm too much of a coward to choose one. I just wanted to see the results!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
1) He is a turnstile in the playoffs.

Which plays are you speaking about? Since clearly you're watching him play, do tell where he's a turnstile.

All I hear all year is how amazing Kulich is.

Yep, 19-year olds in the AHL performing well are few and far between. Some of that is the CHL-NHL agreement. Some of it is because it's a men's league.

Why did he not make the team?

He wasn't ready.

Why was he useless as a callup?

Yes, one game where the whole team got trucked 7-2 is on him, with Samuelsson getting hurt early and Thompson already out? Amazing.

Yes, that's true. At 19 there is certainly room for growth which is why he's still working on his game in the American league.

Did you even know the game he played until I posted the comment above?

And most of his peers are just getting to the AHL. You do get that at the same age your namesake was still at UConn for the year and had a whole 3 goals in the AHL, hadn't even entered into the YEARS of work that went into getting him to the position he's in now right? WTF. That it would be FIVE MORE YEARS before he turned into something that wasn't being offered to other teams like loose change to a beggar?

Holy Gish Gallop.

Reactions: Zman5778

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
The entire f***ing team was a bunch of ghosts this season
He did not have a chance to be Granato'd yet. Byram was the final evidence needed, he was incredible until he had to play the Sabre way.

That is why I found him disappointing this year. They should have found more games for him though.
Which plays are you speaking about? Since clearly you're watching him play, do tell where he's a turnstile.

Yep, 19-year olds in the AHL performing well are few and far between. Some of that is the CHL-NHL agreement. Some of it is because it's a men's league.

He wasn't ready.

Yes, one game where the whole team got trucked 7-2 is on him, with Samuelsson getting hurt early and Thompson already out? Amazing.

Yes, that's true. At 19 there is certainly room for growth which is why he's still working on his game in the American league.

Did you even know the game he played until I posted the comment above?

And most of his peers are just getting to the AHL. You do get that at the same age your namesake was still at UConn for the year and had a whole 3 goals in the AHL, hadn't even entered into the YEARS of work that went into getting him to the position he's in now right? WTF. That it would be FIVE MORE YEARS before he turned into something that wasn't being offered to other teams like loose change to a beggar?

Holy Gish Gallop.
Your views are fine, I do not think he is a great prospect. Good yes. I think his current value is much higher than it should be. He was touted as one of the most NHL ready players in the draft and him not forcing his way onto the team this year was disappointing.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He did not have a chance to be Granato'd yet. Byram was the final evidence needed, he was incredible until he had to play the Sabre way.

That is why I found him disappointing this year. They should have found more games for him though.

Your views are fine, I do not think he is a great prospect. Good yes. I think his current value is much higher than it should be. He was touted as one of the most NHL ready players in the draft and him not forcing his way onto the team this year was disappointing.
I think they're trying to do more with him than just plug and play a replacement to Vic which it seems he could probably have been from the get-go. He has the shot and has the ability to find ways to get to position to use it. They are asking for a more complete player and trying to work him into that which is what I would hope the team would do instead of just throwing guys into the NHL too soon again. The last time they had someone who was thought to be nearly NHL ready was Girgensons and they pushed him into action before he could ever work on any other parts of his game so his entire career is just that of shot suppressor who grinds.

I was pretty hard on him and the team earlier in the year when they had him at center and I was wondering why. It took months to get to the point where he was doing good work defensively at it against level-dependently creative players. I'm not used to having any trust in what this organization tries so to see it was somewhat unique. He's getting there and he's still just freshly turned 20.

oldwpgjet

Apr 11, 2021
Voted Kulich for trade just so he gets a fair shake somewhere else. I think it will be tough sledding for prospects with Ruff.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Voted Kulich for trade just so he gets a fair shake somewhere else. I think it will be tough sledding for prospects with Ruff.

He worked in a bunch of kids in Jersey - the Hughes brothers, Nemec, Bahl, Bratt, Mercer among them. Guys like Lindell, Faksa in Dallas. He had TDA, Lindgren, Fox, Skjei while running the defense in NY as an assistant.

I don't get this stuff that he's going to be difficult on kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad