NFL GDT: 2022 NFC Wild Card Round: (2) San Francisco 49ers vs (7) Seattle Seahawks

SF vs SEA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's supposed to be pretty steady rain today and tomorrow with it getting heavy from time to time. The wind isn't as bad as it was last week during the stormy days but gusts at 20 mph can throw kickers off just enough sometimes. The Niners have played in the rain before but not like what it's going to be tomorrow. The 49ers should still win when they're all playing on the same surface but it's going to be sloppy. The 49ers defense is going to have to be the group that wins it for them and they're certainly capable but wet field conditions can be the ultimate equalizer as week one in Chicago should have shown them.
I haven’t seen what a heavy rain game at Levis is like. I recall how muddy the field looked at candlestick in the PO between SF and Dal when it was Young vs Aikman at QB. But that was no rain during the game. Expect better drainage at Levis.

But it’s supposed to be record rainfall in Cali this week so how knows.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Not a Niners fan but have enjoyed watching Purdy. No reason to think so but if the moment proves too big for him, that’s when weird stuff happens.

Purdy would have to really, really shit the bed and almost literally forget how to throw a football if he's going to be the reason SF loses the game.

Of all the QB's and teams in the playoffs, he's relied on the least to make indivudal plays and big time throws to win games.

Last edited:

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Out of curiousity. In Vancouver, they are mostly Blue Jays fans rather than Mariners but for NFL is it a pretty solid Seahawks town? Are the Seahawks well talked about there or is there more an interest in protecting CFL?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Out of curiousity. In Vancouver, they are mostly Blue Jays fans rather than Mariners but for NFL is it a pretty solid Seahawks town? Are the Seahawks well talked about there or is there more an interest in protecting CFL?
As a Vancouverite, the only NFL talk revolves around the Seahawks. Most sports talk radio shows do a segment with a Seattle person. Be it Ian Fierness, Brock Huard, Brady Henderson, etc. But, it's like 1 segment a week. Almost exclusively NHL and Canucks centric. Just a little Lions and CFL and Whitecaps. Very little NBA. MLB is Blue Jays over Mariners as the only sports only station is owned by Rogers who owns the Jays.

Fan base here is mostly Seahawks fans for those 30 and under as they grew up with the LOB teams.

Plus, unless you get extra channels, Seahawks are what we get on Fox or CBS depending on who they are playing.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
As a Vancouverite, the only NFL talk revolves around the Seahawks. Most sports talk radio shows do a segment with a Seattle person. Be it Ian Fierness, Brock Huard, Brady Henderson, etc. But, it's like 1 segment a week. Almost exclusively NHL and Canucks centric. Just a little Lions and CFL and Whitecaps. Very little NBA. MLB is Blue Jays over Mariners as the only sports only station is owned by Rogers who owns the Jays.

Fan base here is mostly Seahawks fans for those 30 and under as they grew up with the LOB teams.

Plus, unless you get extra channels, Seahawks are what we get on Fox or CBS depending on who they are playing.
That's interesting. With the talk mostly being NHL related, are the Kraken brought up much? I feel they are just mentioned in passing here still similar to the Sounders (Seahawks and Mariners dominate everything) but if the Kraken keep doing well once the Seahawks season is over I think they will be full embraced by everyone between January and end of the NHL season.

I heard that when the Seahawks played in Germany they had a massive fan base. When the NFL started showing games there the Seahawks were one of the dominant teams (LOB era) and always on primetime so younger fans bought in to them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That's interesting. With the talk mostly being NHL related, are the Kraken brought up much? I feel they are just mentioned in passing here still similar to the Sounders (Seahawks and Mariners dominate everything) but if the Kraken keep doing well once the Seahawks season is over I think they will be full embraced by everyone between January and end of the NHL season.

I heard that when the Seahawks played in Germany they had a massive fan base. When the NFL started showing games there the Seahawks were one of the dominant teams (LOB era) and always on primetime so younger fans bought in to them.
I mean Seahawks games are what we got in basic tv for fox over the past decade. Like we got the Seattle game Over the SF/KC game. Don’t think Seattle was playing anyone good and that SF/KC matchup would have been more interesting on paper to see but it was a one sided game in the end.

Not much talk about Kraken or another club specifically from the little that I hear. I don’t get the sense that sea and Van will ever be a heated rivalry like Edm/cal or SF/oak, Dal/Hou, Bos/NY type. Not enough sports history and nothing to bash about either city. We are virtually identical cities.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Not much talk about Kraken or another club specifically from the little that I hear. I don’t get the sense that sea and Van will ever be a heated rivalry like Edm/cal or SF/oak, Dal/Hou, Bos/NY type. Not enough sports history and nothing to bash about either city. We are virtually identical cities.
I'm starting to think that as well. Both cities are pretty damn chill. I wouldn't even say Sounders/Whitecaps is much of a rivalry. Portland has always been the bigger rival and that would probably continue if they had an NHL team. Maybe if Seattle and Vancouver are good at the same time and in a play off race.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm starting to think that as well. Both cities are pretty damn chill. I wouldn't even say Sounders/Whitecaps is much of a rivalry. Portland has always been the bigger rival and that would probably continue if they had an NHL team. Maybe if Seattle and Vancouver are good at the same time and in a play off race.
Think we lost the opportunity in the 90’s when Seattle lost out for an nhl expansion team in the early 90’s during the Ottawa and TB round. Nba owner at the time screwed his partner just before the final presentation. and thus the key was renovated not blown up had they gotten an expansion team from everything that I have read.

We could have had 30 years of hockey history between the 2 teams. Not to mention the grizzlies getting relocated. They would have been around for 25 years or more now. And we a new arena vs the renovation the sonics would have still been there the past 15 years or so.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Neither has California. This has been extraordinary and unprecedented.
Let’s hope the drainage holds and doesn’t get over whelmed because the rain was unprecedented.

Let’s not have another SF/Chi game from week 1 or that infamous Miami/Pitt game from years ago.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
There has been a ton of rain and snow in Northern California since Dec 1st. It’s supposed to rain hard in the morning but forecast currently has game time with light rain.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Big game coming up.

SEA-HAWKS!!!

Exceeded all expectations this year, they’ve been such a likeable group to cheer for this year with Wilson and drama gone.

Some ups and downs this year but with the play of their rookies and the DEN first rounder, easy to see the future looking bright.

Thought the Hawks would be a bottom 3 team this year.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Field looks in good shape so far. No downpour during warmups. Should be able to pass the ball today.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Weird start. No touches for CMC and every single pass Purdy threw was inaccurate.

Deebo looks great though.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Purdy off to a bad start, missed an easy touchdown to Jennings, a big play to Samuel and almost threw a pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00