NFL GDT: 2022 NFC Wild Card Round: (2) San Francisco 49ers vs (7) Seattle Seahawks

SF vs SEA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The strip sack lost fumble and interception were huge plays because Seattle’s defense couldn’t get a stop all day. Geno had to play a perfect game for them to win and he had a couple of mistakes.

I think they should look at trading down a bit and using their picks at getting more depth on defense and the oline before going qb. Geno is a decent short term option.
They holds picks 5 and 19 in round 1 and picks 36 and 50 in round 2, plus a 3rd and a 4th. They have plenty of picks and enough cap space to address needs.

Unless AZ also trades down for extra picks, I see them taking either Carter or Anderson. Only if all of of the Chi, Hou, and Indy picks go QB Seattle won’t get either of the 2 top rated defensive players.

There isn’t a consensus next best non QB. So I can see Seattle trading down from 5 if any team wishes to move up.

Seattle needs help on DL to stop the run and pressure the QB. Plus LB and S on defence.

Is there a QB in this draft that Seattle feels is an upgrade over Geno in a couple of seasons? If not, I don’t spend a 1/2 pick on one.

Like TB taking Trask at pick 62 in round 2 in 2021, is he expected to be the starter should Brady leave? If no, then they wasted a pick that could have been used for depth when injuries to CB, OLand WR hit these past 2 seasons for them.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The problem is that his ceiling is probably just fine.

He really went back down to earth on the 2nd half of the season just like the 2nd half of last nights game

He was pretty much playing at an all-pro level in his first few games. Geno Smith came down but he was still a very effective player throughout the second-hand and played a good game yesterday. The guy can throw absolute dimes.

I don't think there's any chance Seattle picks a quarterback with Denver's pick. There's already rumblings that they'll franchise tag Geno Smith if they can't get a deal done and Smith as gone so far as to say that he wants to be a Seahawk for the rest of his career. They'll work something out for a couple of years probably. He's short-term but he's starting next year for sure.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He was pretty much playing at an all-pro level in his first few games. Geno Smith came down but he was still a very effective player throughout the second-hand and played a good game yesterday. The guy can throw absolute dimes.

I don't think there's any chance Seattle picks a quarterback with Denver's pick. There's already rumblings that they'll franchise tag Geno Smith if they can't get a deal done and Smith as gone so far as to say that he wants to be a Seahawk for the rest of his career. They'll work something out for a couple of years probably. He's short-term but he's starting next year for sure.
2 things will impact Geno’s future in seattle.

1) contract demands. What makes sense for both sides? I don’t foresee Geno getting the equivalent of 3 years average value guaranteed. Could see a deal where it’s closer to 2 years Average salary that is guaranteed with the equivalent of year 1 fully guaranteed. Be it 3 years at $90 mill with a $15 mill SB and $20 mill base in 2023, $25-$30 mill base in 2024 and the balance as a base in 2025.

Demand too much given his production and Seattle goes on.

2) does seattle view any of these QBs in round 1 as likely to become better than Geno was this season?
Young, ceiling is Brees but that’s being optimistic. Or could be like Baker when he make the PO with Cleveland.
Stroud, thinking something like Dak is a fair comp. everything is good not elite. can he perform without elite weapons that he had at OSU?
Levis, I see Wentz. Ceiling is wentz pre acl injury and floor at what Wentz has become the past 3 seasons.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
They holds picks 5 and 19 in round 1 and picks 36 and 50 in round 2, plus a 3rd and a 4th. They have plenty of picks and enough cap space to address needs.

Unless AZ also trades down for extra picks, I see them taking either Carter or Anderson. Only if all of of the Chi, Hou, and Indy picks go QB Seattle won’t get either of the 2 top rated defensive players.

There isn’t a consensus next best non QB. So I can see Seattle trading down from 5 if any team wishes to move up.

Seattle needs help on DL to stop the run and pressure the QB. Plus LB and S on defence.

Is there a QB in this draft that Seattle feels is an upgrade over Geno in a couple of seasons? If not, I don’t spend a 1/2 pick on one.

Like TB taking Trask at pick 62 in round 2 in 2021, is he expected to be the starter should Brady leave? If no, then they wasted a pick that could have been used for depth when injuries to CB, OLand WR hit these past 2 seasons for them.
Same with Jordan Love in Green Bay.

Seattle has a lot of options with their top picks this season, I just don’t see qb as the glaring need at the moment. Like you said, the LOS defensively and defense in general is much more in need at the moment. They picked up some talented db’s in this past draft, but they couldn’t get a single stop yesterday when they needed to. A lot of it was just their front 7 getting pushed around.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
The problem is that his ceiling is probably just fine.

He really went back down to earth on the 2nd half of the season just like the 2nd half of last nights game

Yeah, there is always the risk that this was an outlier/career year and he returns to journeyman caliber play, assuming he signs for a fair but not outrageous amount I would think he is worth the risk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad