Red Sox/MLB 2022 MLB Off Season - Bogaerts has made the decision to opt out of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
View attachment 615180

Sign of the Apocalypse

For the first time ever, the Boston Red Sox uniforms will feature a sponsorship logo jersey patch on the uniform’s sleeve.

Along with the uniform change, comes a 10-year partnership agreement between the Red Sox and MassMutual which will also include a large logo of the insurance company, placed above the centerfield scoreboard at Fenway Park — where the former John Hancock sign sat for the previous 20 seasons.

“The Red Sox jersey is one of the most visible and central representations of the club, and it was important to us for the partner featured on it to have a deep understanding and appreciation for this region and community,” Red Sox president and CEO Sam Kennedy said in a press release.

“MassMutual is the perfect match for us because they have strong Massachusetts roots and an appetite similar to our own to collaborate well beyond the jersey patch.”
I’m encouraged by the number of NHL clubs who have not opted for the ad patch.

Renders Cam’s line about the Bruins’ sweater being “sacred” a load of complete bullshit like we all knew it was.

Sox and Celtics have sold out too. Pathetic.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jesus f***ing Christ

“MassMutual is the perfect match for us because they have strong Massachusetts roots and an appetite similar to our own to collaborate well beyond the jersey patch.”

Immediately followed by the guy running MassMutual rooting against the Sox lol

This ownership group is so f***ing stupid sometimes

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
It's honestly amazing how the Sox went from the crown jewel of Boston sports, to where they are now in terms of fan perception in the span of what...15 years?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
It's honestly amazing how the Sox went from the crown jewel of Boston sports, to where they are now in terms of fan perception in the span of what...15 years?
They can’t help themselves.

It’s amazing how much success they have had and yet how despised they are by many in the region.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
We also have to take into consideration that Devers and Xander are best friends. On multiple occasions Devers has spoken about him being a leader and him wanting X to stay and play together.

If Xander leaves? Will Devers want to go as well? I worry.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
We also have to take into consideration that Devers and Xander are best friends. On multiple occasions Devers has spoken about him being a leader and him wanting X to stay and play together.

If Xander leaves? Will Devers want to go as well? I worry.
If they trade Devers... fine.

But they can't let him walk for nothing.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Imagine telling someone they'd win 4 World Series in 15 years while consistently having a top 5 payroll and we'd all still despise ownership. That might be the most impressive Boston sports feat of the 21st century.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The core issue is Red Sox ownership is clueless about how badly the team has fallen off the local sports radar.

Remember in 2011 John Henry told Felger and Mazz if people think I am a bad owner I will sell.

In the past few years, they have angered their solid fanbase in Rhode Island and the Massachusetts Southcoast with the Pawtucket debacle and bad feelings in the Merrimack Valley over the Spinners' demise.

They will never admit firing Orsillo was a colossal blunder.

:banghead:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Jesus f***ing Christ

Immediately followed by the guy running MassMutual rooting against the Sox lol

This ownership group is so f***ing stupid sometimes
Sometimes? Shit like this is the reason people generally detest these asshats, despite the championships....

Imagine telling someone they'd win 4 World Series in 15 years while consistently having a top 5 payroll and we'd all still despise ownership. That might be the most impressive Boston sports feat of the 21st century.
It's truly an amazing dynamic, yet they've earned every last bit of contempt and scorn from their fans.

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The core issue is Red Sox ownership is clueless about how badly the team has fallen off the local sports radar.

Remember in 2011 John Henry told Felger and Mazz if people think I am a bad owner I will sell.

In the past few years, they have angered their solid fanbase in Rhode Island and the Massachusetts Southcoast with the Pawtucket debacle and bad feelings in the Merrimack Valley over the Spinners' demise.

It's a crime that beautiful LeLacheur Field is used, what? 20 Times each spring for UMass Lowell games, and that's about it, as far as I can tell.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

John Henry is an elitist, out of touch windbag who wouldn't know good PR if it bit him in the ass.

But, he brought four World Championships to the Boston Red Sox. He's a great owner and anyone who grew up in the Yawkey or Harrington era will agree and take the selling bricks or blundersome radio interviews in exchange for the trophies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad