WC: 2022 IIHF World Championship Finland (Russia and Belarus tossed out) No Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Swedes did the double Gold at Olympics and world's, right?

I think they did it with 2 completely different rosters too! Truly impressive. 2006?

So many people seem to forget that swedes due to unsportsmanlike behaviour, throwing their 2006 OG last round robin game*, in order to get a much easier path ahead, should be disqualified, are still involved in an ongoing investigation

* e g Forsberg has admitted that they did it.

And they had to change the whole procedure how the quarterfinals will be set, after that 2006 debacle, to avoid further similar cases.

Last edited:
Reactions: Husqvarna

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
So many people seem to forget that swedes due to unsportsmanlike behaviour, throwing their 2006 OG last round robin game*, in order to get a much easier path ahead, should be disqualified, are still involved in an ongoing investigation

* e g Forsberg has admitted that they did it.

And they had to change the whole procedure how the quarterfinals will be set, after that 2006 debacle, to avoid further similar cases.

that losing to slovakia would give eazier way? its a fact, thats what forsberg said, he did not say that they where gonna do it. anyone would answer like that no matter nations.

and not sure about "much easier path" anyways. the swiss team beat canada. that was the worst canada ever, we would have beaten them.

then later on we beat czech and finland, also 2 teams that where better than canada...

i can play your game too, how much money did mattihp give to viktor fasth in 2011 final to let in all those weird soft goals in the 3rd period?

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Don't be stupid.
Sweden avoided facing Canada, USA, Russia to get to the final game by throwing that last preliminary round game vs Slovakia.
(btw somehow Sweden always manages to lose vs the russians, and Finland usually wins vs the russians)

Reactions: Husqvarna

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Don't be stupid.
Sweden avoided facing Canada, USA, Russia to get to the final game by throwing that last preliminary round game vs Slovakia.
(btw somehow Sweden always manages to lose vs the russians, and Finland usually wins vs the russians)

thats your conspiracy theories and nothing else. slovakia had a great team.

sweden avoding usa is funny when we beat them in group stage. why would sweden be afraid of meeting them. also why would sweden fear canada when they where shit in group stage. you keep ignoring the fact that we trashed swiss and won over finland, they same teams which beat canada.

well during that time we did not lose to russia very often. check some facts before talking. anyone can do bad games as we did when we lost to russia in group stage.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Many fans here in Slovakia will agree with this conspiracy. Sadly, there isnt full video, but what we all remember was a Power-play by Sweden , where they were almost all time on their half.

even if it was true, it does not change the fact that we won over swiss, czech and finland in the playoffs fairly.

we had so many injuries that tournament when it comes to d....kronwall, nordström, hävelid, öhlund...kim johnsson saying no thanks. lilja and tallinder banned becuse of rape. BÅG called in ronnie sundin (!).

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Foppa bekräftar läggmatch i Turin | SvD

Det var en läggmatch när Sverige förlorade mot Slovakien med 0-3 i OS-hockeyn i Turin 2006. Det bekräftar Peter ”Foppa” Forsberg nu i en kommande dokumentär i SVT Sport.
"Skulle vi slå dem hade det blivit tuffare att ta sig igenom hela slutspelet, säger han." ***

*** forsberg admits that they lost on purpose, on SVT, swedish national broadcast tv-documentary

Last edited:

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
It's just sad that you can't admit it. They did it.

And it's in the SVT (Swedish national TV) documentary where he admits it

Last edited:

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Screenshot (3).png

(quoted from: hockeysverige.se)

Last edited:

moropanov

Mar 7, 2015
With NHL possibly propably? skipping again out of Olympics this tournament should be best international hockey tournament since 2019 much NHL players should join after these Corona seasons or so one would expect.

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
With NHL possibly propably? skipping again out of Olympics this tournament should be best international hockey tournament since 2019 much NHL players should join after these Corona seasons or so one would expect.

Well, depending on CoVid/EofR/...

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Players have the right to go if they want to, but some find it more advantageous to say that their team didn't let them when they don't.

Reactions: Faterson

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Can't imagine how fun an atmosphere this will be! Always wanted to attend a tournament in Finland but will wait until a World Juniors takes place again to enjoy the Winter scenery and visit Lapland also lol.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Can't imagine how fun an atmosphere this will be! Always wanted to attend a tournament in Finland but will wait until a World Juniors takes place again to enjoy the Winter scenery and visit Lapland also lol.

Considering how hard the Fins party when they travel to games, I can wait to see what happens when they host the games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad