Player Discussion 2022 IIHF U20 World Junior Championship Thread -- Tournament cancelled

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Am I dumb or did Power barely get any ice time this 2nd period

It seems like the Canadians are running out a bit more of their depth guys, which makes sense with their commanding lead.

Then again, I'm sure someone will hate on him for the Austrian goal since Brochu went for an ill-timed skate and Guhle f***ed up again.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
It seems like the Canadians are running out a bit more of their depth guys, which makes sense with their commanding lead.

Then again, I'm sure someone will hate on him for the Austrian goal since Brochu went for an ill-timed skate and Guhle f***ed up again.
Oh yeah as soon as I hit send on that post they scored with him on the ice and I'm like of course :laugh:

Definitely Brochu's fault and Guhle tripping his tendy didn't help

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Oh yeah as soon as I hit send on that post they scored with him on the ice and I'm like of course :laugh:

Definitely Brochu's fault and Guhle tripping his tendy didn't help

Guhle seems a bit... dim? ... but has good physical tools.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Watching Bedard and Michkov reminds me of when we were selling off in 2014 but Eichel/McDavid were a year away, which sucked so much to watch them crush knowing we'd have to go another losing season.

I actually hope we're not in the top of the race for either, because it'll mean the injection of Quinnterkrebs and Power (plus the summer moves) still isn't enough to leave the basement.

Whoever gets them though, that's 2 surefire franchise players, and maybe more.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Bedard not Wright looks like the next Crosby.

Both Bedard and Wright remind me more of the next Tavares especially at the Junior level. Neither have the generational look in their game that Crosby did. Last person that had that level of "Next Crosby" was McDavid in that you knew he was going to change the game, not if.

Bedard and Wright are elite offensive players. Wright is the more well-rounded player in that you could task him with any role you want, with and without the puck offensively and defensively. Bedard isn't far behind him. I think both will be good productive NHL players. I think Bedard will be the more impactful player between the two

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
This tournament has turned into an absolute joke. Super strict IIHF protocols and rules that are very unfair to staff and players alike. Forfeiting games due to 1 positive? Thats unbelievable. Just shut the whole thing down. It’s a sham.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Can’t test positive if you don’t test.

200.gif

Reactions: jcbeze

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad