Votes: 36.8%
  • Cayden Primeau​

Votes: 2.5%

LOL
Hutson 76 votes

vs

Beck 7 votes

lol

Armchair scouts loving the youtube highlights and devo camp dangle......the professional scouts for the Montreal Canadiens are way over there boys....on the correct side of the fence.

I know, it is for fun but can we just use our heads over our hearts here people.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
LOGAN MAILLOUX IS 6 FT 3, HAS HIGH UPSIDE, VERY LIKELY TO MAKE NHL

LANE HUTSON IS 5 FT 8, HAS HIGH UPSIDE, VERY UNLIKELY TO MAKE NHL

Mailloux wins.

Who would trade Logan Mailloux for Lane Hutson? It would be an asinine, fireable offense.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here

Mailloux wins.

Who would trade Logan Mailloux for Lane Hutson? It would be an asinine, fireable offense.
I would trade Mailloux for Hutson.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Hutson 76 votes

vs

Beck 7 votes

lol

Armchair scouts loving the youtube highlights and devo camp dangle......the professional scouts for the Montreal Canadiens are way over there boys....on the correct side of the fence.

I know, it is for fun but can we just use our heads over our hearts here people.
I don't think Beck will catch up. You're too late...

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Personal issues / history aside?
I like the idea of Mailloux yes, but his development has taken a beating. Less than 20 games in what, two years? That’s an issue. So gun to my head, you give me Hutson for what Mailloux is today, I do it.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
You'd hate to see the rest of the leagues then...habs must be close to top 5 in the league I'd imagine.

A lot of quality depth but not really any high-end prospects but a few are probably very close.
Definitely not top 5 (Sabres, Columbus, Detroit, New Jersey, Anaheim). Having the 1st overall pick helped the pool but I think overall it's around 9/10th. (Seattle/Dallas/Arizona/LAK arguably better or equal).

Way better than the mid/late 20s it was under Bergevin.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
One thing I learned from this forum over the years is that our board overhypes the hell out of our prospects all the time. We'd be lucky if 3 of those mentioned above pan out to be decent NHL'rs.

We talk about potential... potentially it's a great prospect pool. Top 10 in this league, for sure. Habs have great depth on forward, good talents at forward and great prospects at defense too.

Slafkovsky and Guhle have 100% potential to become 1st line and top pairing defenseman.
Add all others prospects... they have a solid depth on forward and defense. Even Dobes looks like a stud at G.

Habs need one more good draft (2023) and Hughes can built a very good team in the future.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Mailloux wins.

1658171156658.png

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Hutson 76 votes

vs

Beck 7 votes

lol

Does Beck have top-6 upside?

He's very safe, but I struggle to get excited about his upside. I see a lot of 3C upside out there.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Hutson 76 votes

vs

Beck 7 votes

lol

So Kapanen should go over Roy? Come on, let's not pretend like Montreal scouts are safe bet especially after seeing their results from 2008-2018 (too soon to fully judge 2019-2022 but looking better IM-armchair-O).

Voting based off what order they were drafted is more 'armchair' that actually forming your own opinion on viewing the players. Beck might be better at the end of the day but he easily can end up Poehling.

Last edited:

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
I’m not convinced at all that Mailloux as a good hockey IQ, hope it’s not a case of all tools and no toolbox. We’ll see but it’s an home run swing at this point and didn’t play enough to rank him as high imo.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
So Kapanen should go over Roy? Come on, let's not pretend like Montreal scouts are safe bet especially after seeing their results from 2008-2018 (too soon to fully judge 2019-2022 but looking better IM-armchair-O).

Voting based off what order they were drafted is more 'armchair' that actually forming your own opinion on viewing the players. Beck might be better at the end of the day but he easily can end up Poehling.
I don't think my point is registering with you........

You can't use Roy vs Kapanen as an example because it is not the same situation. You have a full D+1 season to reevaluate and Roy was not a historically tiny player.

Clearly the Habs scouting staff agrees with me as well as possibly the entire NHL scouting fraternity as there is zero chance Beck lasts until pick #62......who knows how much further Hutson falls if we don't take him?

This is entirely youtube/devo camp driven hyperbole that has him getting votes over prospects who are currently better.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Hutson 76 votes

vs

Beck 7 votes

lol

There is a big difference selecting in a poll when you have both already. The team wanted both and chose the one least likely to.be there with the 2nd pick first. Nobody knows how they were actually ranked by the scouts and if the pick was based on BPA or not.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
There is a big difference selecting in a poll when you have both already. The team wanted both and chose the one least likely to.be there with the 2nd pick first. Nobody knows how they were actually ranked by the scouts and if the pick was based on BPA or not.
Give it a rest....

Maybe in armchair scout bizzarro world these tactics are employed but not by NHL teams. They chose Beck because they had him rated higher......period.

If you actually believe they had Hutson rated higher but took Beck who they liked less on the chance that Hutson would still be there 29 picks later......I have some magic beans for sale, you in?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
No defenseman of Lane Hutson's size dominated the NHL in the last few decades.

Meanwhile Mailloux has all the tools that several dominant NHL defensemen had.

Probabilistically, Mailloux is a better prospect.

The past is the past. The future is the future.

No one, until along came our man Lane!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
No defenseman of Lane Hutson's size dominated the NHL in the last few decades.

Meanwhile Mailloux has all the tools that several dominant NHL defensemen had.

Probabilistically, Mailloux is a better prospect.

And how many of them made the NHL by playing 16 games at a relevant level by their D+2?

Reactions: KFlint

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad