Prospect Info: - 2015 Habs Board Top 30 Prospects
Prospect Info: - 2014 Habs Board Prospect Rankings: 1st Annual Mike Cichy Award
Prospect Info: - 2013 Habs Board Prospect Rankings Final Results
Prospect Info: - Looking back at 2012 Prospect Rankings

Last edited:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
We have a lot of second rounders in our system. Going Struble for potential, not sure there's any potential NHLers left at this point as lot of the higher picked guys left have had terrible progression like Kapanen or Tuch.

DougHarvey

Aug 11, 2004
We have a lot of second rounders in our system. Going Struble for potential, not sure there's any potential NHLers left at this point as lot of the higher picked guys left have had terrible progression like Kapanen or Tuch.
Why would you say Kapanen has terrible progression ?

He was drafted last year and had a good U20 season and playoffs.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Every one of the 10 choices now have a shot at the NHL, as do Fairbrother, Engstrom, Nurmi, and many others other to-add list.

It's a VERY deep pool.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Why would you say Kapanen has terrible progression ?

He was drafted last year and had a good U20 season and playoffs.
The number of players who played u20 liiga post draft and made the NHL is not a high one. He hasn't shown anything to be a legit prospect. He's trending down the same path olofsson did.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
To each their own but are people forgetting that RHP turns 24 in January, is tiny and a below average skater with only 4 NHL games under his belt.

I would take most of the names in this poll over him just because they at least have a chance to become something more than a non zero value replacement level player.

He is a great kid and it isn't 100% impossible that he is more than a 4th liner/AHL tweener on a competetive franchise but it is not far from it. I am not "hating" on him as I am glad we have him and hopefully he will stick around for a while in Laval to help the real prospects when they get there.

Try offering RHP or Struble to NHL GM's and I know who they would want and it is not RHP. The truth is that this reality is not what drives these polls, it is mostly recency bias based on stats without context....that is fine though as this is a fan site and fans vote with their heart.

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Struble for a while now. Ironically Smilanic was Florida's 8th best prospect and he won't make top 20 here. Its time to cash in a bunch of these B prospects for proven talent.

That certainly is a possibility, there is also the knowledge that a percentage of "B" prospects will develop into "A" prospects and with higher numbers come better odds. Either way our depth of "B" prospects may be unprecedented at this point.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
If RHP was 6ft he would be ranked higher. He outproduced Ylonen during the season and in the playoffs not to mention the gigantic +/-(+29 vs -16) differential in favor of RHP. Im fine with Ylonen ranked higher has he project better in the NHL but at some point leading the farm club in scoring has to mean something.

Struble is unknown because he's always injuried at the development camp, cannot attend the rookie camp as a NCAA player, never made the wjc. You guys watched a lot of Huskies games? Tell us more about him please.

I am expecting players with international experience going next like Kapanen and Dichow.

Edit add Pitlick

Last edited:

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
I like Struble here.

Add Trudeau, he needs some love after getting walked by Hutson so many times at the summer camp 😉

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
To each their own but are people forgetting that RHP turns 24 in January, is tiny and a below average skater with only 4 NHL games under his belt.

I would take most of the names in this poll over him just because they at least have a chance to become something more than a non zero value replacement level player.

He is a great kid and it isn't 100% impossible that he is more than a 4th liner/AHL tweener on a competetive franchise but it is not far from it. I am not "hating" on him as I am glad we have him and hopefully he will stick around for a while in Laval to help the real prospects when they get there.

Try offering RHP or Struble to NHL GM's and I know who they would want and it is not RHP. The truth is that this reality is not what drives these polls, it is mostly recency bias based on stats without context....that is fine though as this is a fan site and fans vote with their heart.

You talk as if it was already too late for him.

In reality, he has only 2 years of experience at pro level, which have been shortened and derailed by the pandemic. And despite this, he showed constant progress to the point of being his team best player in the AHL, including in a deep playoff run, and he also showed great things in his short stint in the NHL. If I had to bet on only one player to be an NHL regular among the current list, no doubt in my mind I'd bet on him. Some others might have higher ceilings, but they are long shots at best. RHP is almost guaranteed to be a fringe NHLer at worst, and a great 3rd liner at best, which is more than we can say about all others.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Voted RHP. Having him outside of the top 20 is only a statement how sick the depth in our prospects pool is. Kid will eventually play for the Habs IMO, probably on a 4th line, but still. Hopefully Gallagher bounces back so we can trade him, RHP brings similar qualities while much cheaper.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I voted Dichow because I think he is our 2nd best goaler prospect. I have him ahead of Dobes
Dichow I like what I hear, but I never saw him play, so I didnt rank him in my top 20. If Dichow is better than Dobes like you pretend, Habs have hands down the best G prospect pipeline since Im incredibly high on both Dobes and Primeau.

Reactions: Maitz

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
The real question I'm curious about: will Stapley's rights expire before we have to vote for him? I think maybe yes...

Gorniak because he is going for a 5th year I believe the Habs keep his rights...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad