Prospect Info: 2022 Final Devils-Centric Mock Draft, Top 40 Picks

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone else who wants to post a quickie mock draft -- even if it's just a top 10 -- feel free to post here. It will be fun to compare and contrast later!

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Sure.

Also could you provide a quick profile on some of the goalies like Marco Kasper or Topias Leinonen
Kasper is a center, and typical of Steve Yzerman he was one of the best picks in the 2022 first round when Detroit grabbed him at #8 overall.

Leinonen is a 6'5 giant with very good athleticism who might have been ranked higher were it not for an injury-marred draft-eligible campaign.

Reactions: My3Sons

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Kasper is a center, and typical of Steve Yzerman he was one of the best picks in the 2022 first round when Detroit grabbed him at #8 overall.

Leinonen is a 6'5 giant with very good athleticism who might have been ranked higher were it not for an injury-marred draft-eligible campaign.
Yeah I read the original Devils drafting report wrong regarding Kasper. Should have edited the post. Are there any goaltenders moving forward into these rounds that the Devils should be looking at and who do you think they use with their 2nd pick?

What is the scouting report on Seamus Casey because all the hype i saw on him last night got me excited for the kid.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah I read the original Devils drafting report wrong regarding Kasper. Should have edited the post. Are there any goaltenders moving forward into these rounds that the Devils should be looking at and who do you think they use with their 2nd pick?

What is the scouting report on Seamus Casey because all the hype i saw on him last night got me excited for the kid.
From the goalie guys I trust, Topias Leinonen and Tyler Brennan are the two with starter NHL upside, while the sleepers might be Zhigalov and Kokko.

Casey is #47 overall on my prospect board. Quite simply, he's very good in every tool across the board and extremely intelligent, but he lacks any singular elite skill and is also small at 5'10-170. I see him as a 3rd pairing guy at the NHL level with a high floor and maybe some 2nd pairing upside. But we just need to keep in mind it's just extremely difficult to defend at the NHL level without either size or elite speed. However, Casey has some Andy Greene to him, so I'm keeping the faith with this kid.

I must add I don't take Casey in the 2nd. Two of the biggest surprises to drop from the 1st are high-end RD -- Ryan Chesley and Tristan Luneau. Both are just light years better right now than a RD who went in Round One in Maveric Lamoureux -- but Arizona's gonna Arizona. If Chesley and Luneau go at the top of Round 2 -- which is quite possible -- then I still like RD Noah Warren over Chesley.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad