World Cup: 2022 FIFA World Cup

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm going to go out on a limb and state that if these guys maliciously wanted to injure someone, they'd have managed to do so. Theatrics aside the only one out there legitimately limping (Coman) took an inadvertent boot to the knee.

Isn't the rule, penalty or booking? As it would be too much to "double" penalize the play? Or am I mixing that up with something else?
No it's not the rule. It used to be autumatic red card, but not anymore.
And yes, both made really bad fouls.

Rabiot had the worst foul in the game btw. Anyone commenting on the ref is out to lunch. France's second penalty was a direct result from Upa Volleying to Mbappe. THere was also Alexis clear on Lloris and Upa barged from behind easily couldve been a penalty.

One more Cuti's yellow agaisnt the Netherlands was BS and the triggred their come back. I can go all day of the none calls Argentina had but they won so no one cares. This is like Barca 2009-2015. Yall lost take the L in grace.
You probably missed Parades trying to injure Camavinga. Just as bad if not worse than Rabiot.
And so much lol at Alexis diving and hoping for a pen. It was hilarious in real time.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I want to be careful with the wording, but I think there are certain cultural elements in Spanish-speaking countries that lead to behavior that would be deemed highly inappropriate in North American or Northern European cultures. I will always remember the Spanish team mocking Schweinsteiger after the 2008 Euro final.
The best way of putting it is that they don’t have as many boundaries or get offended very easily. For a lot of people from those areas the only things that cross the line are saying something about their mom or grandma or wife to their face. Then some people care about sisters and some don’t.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You probably missed Parades trying to injure Camavinga. Just as bad if not worse than Rabiot.
And so much lol at Alexis diving and hoping for a pen. It was hilarious in real time.
It was not a dive their running at top speed and he gets body checked.

Rabiot's foul is worse but I have good news for you... I couldnt care less about which foul was worse. The ref was fine and the better team won. They played better over the course of the 120 minutes and won the game 3 times. Last one was fatal. Why are we talking about a ref when the game might have been the best we ever saw? Very Mou like tbh.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It was not a dive their running at top speed and he gets body checked.

Rabiot's foul is worse but I have good news for you... I couldnt care less about which foul was worse. The ref was fine and the better team won. They played better over the course of the 120 minutes and won the game 3 times. Last one was fatal. Why are we talking about a ref when the game might have been the best we ever saw? Very Mou like tbh.
Body checked? :laugh:

As for the reffing, it was disastrous and may or may not have changed the outcome of the game (likely not).
But to see people say it was good? Hilarious.

And I talked about the game. Fabulous game.

Felt like half the team tried that tbh :laugh:
I don't remember many french players trying to hurt, but clearly Rabiot was trying to that time.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I don't remember many french players trying to hurt, but clearly Rabiot was trying to that time.

I haven't checked any stats or anything but my general feeling after the game was RDP was fouled the most from any player. I know he's an aggressive player but he got kicked up and down the field just as much.

Reactions: gary69

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Body checked? :laugh:

As for the reffing, it was disastrous and may or may not have changed the outcome of the game (likely not).
But to see people say it was good? Hilarious.

And I talked about the game. Fabulous game.

He was hit from behind...

Just as hilarious as those who called it the worst reffed game or one sided..

I haven't checked any stats or anything but my general feeling after the game was RDP was fouled the most from any player. I know he's an aggressive player but he got kicked up and down the field just as much.
He draws a lot of fouls nature of his game... but yeah he was kicked a lot

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
However, does anybody who isn't French actually support France for their sake?

Personally I've never met any.
I supported France four years ago once Spain was out. I thought they played beautiful football, except the Australia game.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
In the same way, you have to be either an Argentinian or a Messi an boy to NOT see just how unlikable they act.
I'm a Messi fanboy haha (even though I thought Cristiano was better some years) and I could still see them as unlikeable. Still supported them though, Messi (and to an extent an also very nice di Maria) had to get theirs. But yeah, Romero, de Paul, Emi Martinez and sometimes Otamendi were a bit disgusting to root for.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I've been following Romero since his Genoa days. He's always been a puke, now it's just for all the world to see. Great defender though.
He's those types of players that you hate playing against but love on your team not sure how anyone doesnt get this.... I dont want a nice defender a want a mean SOB. Sure, Id rather have a Puyol type personality but he was one of a kind.

Reactions: luiginb

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He's those types of players that you hate playing against but love on your team not sure how anyone doesnt get this.... I dont want a nice defender a want a mean SOB. Sure, Id rather have a Puyol type personality but he was one of a kind.
People complained about Puyol all the time too lol

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Dunno, off the top of my head, Dias, de Ligt, Marquinhos, Alaba, van Dijk, who hates these guys?
Very few people. You don't have to be a d*ck on the pitch to be successful. It's not WHY some are successful either. Romero and Otamendi are just C-words on the pitch.
And that's fine, if they're on your team, you'll still love them. But allow others to find their behavior disgusting too.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
The thing with Argentinians is that you combine the toughness/aggression required from a defender with the gamesmanship so prevalent in that football culture, and it's not going to be a very attractive package on a human level.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You'd love my boy Sergio Ramos ;)
If he was wearing different colours of course... Pepe is the only one I honestly dont think I could cheer for. After the incident against the Getafe player.

It’s true! It’s why Italy didn’t win any World Cups with Maldini, the classiest and potentially best defender of all time! They had to replace him with a POS in Materazzi in order to take that final step.

Every army needs a crook... Italians are known for their South American like tactics.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
a little off topic but has any canadian found a way to cancel a tsn streaming subscription online? i picked one up to watch the wc. i tried cancelling online and cannot find any menu to do it. tried calling and cannot get through. ended up sending an email to the help desk.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You opinion. I think Argentina instigated way more. And Lahoz just let them do it. Messi's mom would've booked him for that handball. Stuff like that. Paredes should've gotten a quite easy double yellow for the foul and then shooting the ball into the Dutch bench.
But never, ever, in the history of football - have I seen a wining team mocking the losing team after a shootout in the way the Argentinians did.

Look. Take it this way.
I would gladly have my team take home the WC trophy in exchange for people on the internet thinking they behave like human garbage.
It's fine. Embrace the trophy. Embrace the sh*thousery. And just laugh off the fact that every non-Argentina or non-Messi fan will call you cheating *****s.

For f***’s sake. Amazing the revisionist posts you make on this forum. Try actually, just once, getting the whole story out there and not just the one side that suits your personal preferences.

no one is allowed to make fun of John Terry for putting on his kit to raise the UCL trophy ever again now that Sergio Aguero - who, unlike JT, was not even part of the team - has done the exact same thing with the WC

To be fair to Aguero, maybe he was there because had he not had to retire early he might have made the squad? I mean if he’s there again at the next Copa America in the same capacity then Terry can try and assert his relevance by making the same post.

I can't even imagine how you can write that much amazing sentences in a single post.
No maliciousness? Rabiot tried to hurt DP and Paredes tried to kill Camavinga's ankle.
A striker going alone on goal doesn't warrant a yellow?

Please stop.

So this part I will agree with, but my point on the ref yesterday was that I felt he was consistent. That doesn’t make him good, fair enough, but I felt he was pretty consistent.

While I have you, can you tell me the 8 players who didn’t start because of injuries? Also, do you know who the 5 players or so who had some sort of virus were?

I'm a Messi fanboy haha (even though I thought Cristiano was better some years) and I could still see them as unlikeable. Still supported them though, Messi (and to an extent an also very nice di Maria) had to get theirs. But yeah, Romero, de Paul, Emi Martinez and sometimes Otamendi were a bit disgusting to root for.

Oh boy. Well at least you’re honest.

People complained about Puyol all the time too lol

Not to me they didn’t. Seriously though, I don’t recall that. Aggressive to a degree, but nowhere near other players and I don’t remember complaints from even Madridistas.

Dunno, off the top of my head, Dias, de Ligt, Marquinhos, Alaba, van Dijk, who hates these guys?

Hate? No. De Ligt does strike me a bit of a douche at minimum though.

If he was wearing different colours of course... Pepe is the only one I honestly dont think I could cheer for. After the incident against the Getafe player.

Every army needs a crook... Italians are known for their South American like tactics.

Well maybe you’re still drunk. Or maybe you gave @Vasilevskiy your password.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad