World Cup: 2022 FIFA World Cup

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Leipzig should get 1 billion euros for Gvardiol. I know he was already well-known but I don't watch Bundesliga. I'd just seen him a few times for Croatia. What a player.

member 305909

I can see history repeating itself. Just like in 1970-1994 also now after 24 years of drought Brazil wins in America.

After four consecutive European winners South-America starts catching up.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not a bad look for us, we lost to the thug champs and then got eliminated by the runner-ups. Brutal schedule for us, probably could have gone further if we were in the Dutch's group.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Not a bad look for us, we lost to the thug champs and then got eliminated by the runner-ups. Brutal schedule for us, probably could have gone further if we were in the Dutch's group.

World champions not thugs. Conveniently leave out the Dutch skullduggery during the QF.

Your sorry excuse for a national side were lucky they were not beaten by six or seven.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
This needs to be contextualised

Against Saudi’s 2 wonders goals when his best defender is unfit.

Australia own goal.

Dutch 2 goals when again his best defender is taken out, including the FK that no keeper has a chance to react.

France 2 penalties.

He had a game saving stop against Australia in the last kick of the match. Another wonder save vs france. Including his penalty heroics vs Dutch and the final. He was immense and came up big, well deserved keeper of the torunament.

Evilo coming up with more excuses like the rest of the sorry French press. We missed players too. Lautaro was carrying an injury throughout the tournament. But hey. Scaloni outcoached the water carrier for most of the final. The midfield was dominated from the outset.

Funnily enough the viral symptoms disappeared when they had a sniff. But after the final result they reappeared.

Dibu has come up clutch when needed. di Maria too.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Evilo coming up with more excuses like the rest of the sorry French press. We missed players too. Lautaro was carrying an injury throughout the tournament. But hey. Scaloni outcoached the water carrier for most of the final. The midfield was dominated from the outset.

Funnily enough the viral symptoms disappeared when they had a sniff. But after the final result they reappeared.

Dibu has come up clutch when needed. di Maria too.
Wow, the virus never disappeared. It prevented two players from playing the semi final and the 4 other players missed several training sessions between the semi and final.
You can be happy just as much as you want, the reality was there. And DD said several times his team couldn't do better than it did for the first 75 minutes.
Of course he could have prevented from playing his sick players so that's his fault. But the subs weren't at the desired level against Tunisia which probably made him take the chance of starting the sick guys.

Anyway, I love how you link the virus to Martinez' performance when one has nothing to do with the other but hey, you grasp as what you can I guess (at least D2M tried to argue on the point).

EDIT : as for the excuse thingie, I never used it as an excuse. I used the virus as an explanation for France being that flat. And excuse would have been saying something like "we wouldn't have lost without the virus", which I never said because Argentina is a quality team that could have beaten us fully healthy, no doubt.
As for having a sniff, I love the arrogance.
May I remind you that we were 5 centimeters from winning that WC (Kolo Muani shot at 124th)? If that goes in, not only are we WC, but you lot would have had the worst melt down in WC history.
And we'd be treated with (not my opinion BTW) :
- Messi isn't a leader, he can't be the GOAT because he bottles it with the NT
- Messi can't resist pressure
- Messi won't ever win the WC because he doesn't have the mindset of a winner

and other crap like that. 5 cms is all it took.
So a little humility is in order. Something Martinez clearly doesn't have. He should learn to behave and I know tons of argentinians who are totally embarrassed by his behaviour. Not the two argentinian fans on this site though.

Football games are often decided by very small things. Well, here it was the smallest of margins.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad