• Pavol Regenda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the eighth poll, I am voting for Sasha Pastujov.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2022 Ducks Prospect Rankings

1. C - Mason McTavish (+2)
2. D - Pavel Mintyukov (2022 draftee)
3. D - Olen Zellweger (+3)
4. G - Lukas Dostal (no change)
5. RW - Jacob Perreault (no change)
6. D - Urho Vaakanainen (first year with organization)
7. C - Nathan Gaucher (2022 draftee)

Our graduates and departures are:

Trevor Zegras
Jamie Drysdale
Alexander Volkov
Josh Mahura
Brendan Guhle
Jack Badini
Roman Durny​

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
Can't believe Gaucher won, his upside isn't as high as some of the others. I'm picking Tracey again as he was my last pick.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Stickin with Tracey, kinda surprised he’s not getting more love here

Also shocked gaucher went ahead of Tracey thrun luneau and clang, and I say that as 1 of the more optimistic people about him when we drafted him.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Thrun I guess. Everyone left is interchangeable.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I'm not overly fond of Tracy. I don't feel like he has stood out in any way. Thrun has shown some clear progression. Helleson actually has pretty similar college offensive numbers. Lacombe coming up behind them. I'd probably but Tracy after them followed by Pasta

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Big grouping of players going back to the last vote that could go a lot of different ways depending on how one views upside vs proximity.

Gaucher/Helleson/Thrun/Tracey/Lacombe/Moore/Pastujov/BOG/Benoit/Warren/Luneau/Clang/Colangelo/Hinds- I think you would see these ranked quite differently if everyone were to submit their own lists. Lopina is another I don't want to sleep on, as the org is clearly pretty high on him.

It's difficult to rank a guy like Benoit, who is already basically a depth NHLer but with limited ceiling - vs say Pastujov or Warren who have potential through the roof but might need 4+ years of seasoning

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I'll probably go Thrun, Helleson, LaCombe because I have all 3 on the same tier at this time.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
It's difficult to rank a guy like Benoit, who is already basically a depth NHLer but with limited ceiling - vs say Pastujov or Warren who have potential through the roof but might need 4+ years of seasoning
Agreed, Benoit is entering his 5th pro season with 59 NHL games played. Did he miss the cut off by 1 game?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I'll probably go Thrun, Helleson, LaCombe because I have all 3 on the same tier at this time.

Yeah I really couldn't decide how to rank those three and Tracey who has some potential plus decent AHL performance and likely gets a few games this year. Then there's some temptation to have guys like Warren, Pastujov and Moore ahead of them just based on sheer upside.

It's ridiculous that guys like Moore and Clang very possibly don't crack the top 15 (or perhaps even 20). Is there any team that would have two recent WJC participants ranked that far down their list?

Forgot to even mention Axel Andersson, who is still perhaps a bit of a sleeper to become a decent NHLer before a few of these guys arrive.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I think Thrun is the easy pick here. I believe he'll be a reliable #4-5 defensman for many years. I like his decision making much more than Lacombe or Helleson. Unfortunately I dont think the Ducks will sign him

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah I really couldn't decide how to rank those three and Tracey who has some potential plus decent AHL performance and likely gets a few games this year. Then there's some temptation to have guys like Warren, Pastujov and Moore ahead of them just based on sheer upside.

It's ridiculous that guys like Moore and Clang very possibly don't crack the top 15 (or perhaps even 20). Is there any team that would have two recent WJC participants ranked that far down their list?

Forgot to even mention Axel Andersson, who is still perhaps a bit of a sleeper to become a decent NHLer before a few of these guys arrive.
Don't forget about Tschigerl either.... He could be an energy guy like Blake Coleman.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Don't forget about Tschigerl either.... He could be an energy guy like Blake Coleman.

A very solid pro prospect with a reasonable chance of making team Canada for the winter WJC in a checking role, yet likely should be fighting to be top 25 on our list.

Regenda is another I have no idea how to rank.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Helleson is my pick. It was close though. As others are saying, there's isn't much that separates him from Thrun or Lacombe. It might just be my subconscious influencing my decision based on the probability (or lack thereof) of Thrun and Lacombe signing with us.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Agreed, Benoit is entering his 5th pro season with 59 NHL games played. Did he miss the cut off by 1 game?
65 GP before season of 24th birthday is HF's cutoff, he's right on the cusp, only 6 games to go and his 24th birthday is in a few weeks, only a couple months after the start of the new league year

Reactions: McDonald19

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
I'll keep voting Pastujov until he is a winner, then I will switch to someone else. That someone else will depend upon when Pastujov is picked.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Went with Tracey again. He adapted to the AHL level this past year after his 12-game introduction two seasons ago, scoring 0 points. Tracey kinda reminds me of Rico, being that offensive glue guy. When surrounded with talent, Tracey stands out. At the WJC-18, he put up 7 points (4+3) in 7 games and tied for 5th in scoring on team Canada.

For those who like RD Helleson, might as well include RD Andersson into the mix. Andersson was the best Gulls defender last year when healthy, according to Defend the Nest. Although, I do prefer LaCombe and Thrun over Helleson. All three were WJC-20 team USA teammates too!

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Already moved my list around from 20 mins ago; I'm sure it will change it again the more I think about it.

Thrun
Pasta
LaCombe
Helleson
Benoit
Tracey
Warren
Luneau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad