• Henry Thrun

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
He’s winning the poll by a landslide

McTavish getting 90% of the vote does not mean you are being persecuted. This has to end at some point.

I think you both misunderstand my comment. I meant it in a qualitative sense than a quantitative result. It isn't about the poll itself, but how McTavish is viewed. @Smirnov2Chistov has a point about telling us why you voted for said player. Look at @Static comment:

Mintyukov. While I concede mctavish's floor is higher, I dont think he will be a play driver at the NHL level. If mintyukov hits he will be the most talented defensman this franchise has ever developed.

McTavish is only #1 because of the high floor today and nothing more of a ceiling to provide. I think that's how many are voting as it aligns with, "My heart says Minty, but my brain says McTavish," and "it's tight between 1-3".

It feels as though McTavish is undervalued and just a placeholder at #1. Remember, last year he was Nick Ritchie 2.0 and was treated like Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer to ever be considered as a potential #3 pick. There are things to criticize about McTavish's game just like other prospects have flaws, but McT had an amazing hockey season to where I thought he did create a wider gap. To have it reframed as "a high floor" today as oppose to McTavish increasing his potential is odd considering we didn't know his floor before he was drafted.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I think you both misunderstand my comment. I meant it in a qualitative sense than a quantitative result. It isn't about the poll itself, but how McTavish is viewed. @Smirnov2Chistov has a point about telling us why you voted for said player. Look at @Static comment:

McTavish is only #1 because of the high floor today and nothing more of a ceiling to provide. I think that's how many are voting as it aligns with, "My heart says Minty, but my brain says McTavish," and "it's tight between 1-3".

It feels as though McTavish is undervalued and just a placeholder at #1. Remember, last year he was Nick Ritchie 2.0 and was treated like Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer to ever be considered as a potential #3 pick. There are things to criticize about McTavish's game just like other prospects have flaws, but McT had an amazing hockey season to where I thought he did create a wider gap. To have it reframed as "a high floor" today as oppose to McTavish increasing his potential is odd considering we didn't know his floor before he was drafted.
We'll know soon enough and if you're right, then you can write 40 or 50 thousand words about how you were martyred by proxy through people's mild criticism of some kid you've never met.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho

Static having a different opinion than you doesn't mean he is "undervaluing" McTavish. Unless you are sure that you are right and Static is wrong. We'll have to wait a few years to find that out. I agree with Static and voted for Mintyukov as well. But we are obviously in the minority.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

The real travesty is how undervalued Mintyukov is…. But here you are talking about how undervalued poor mctavish is with only 90% of the vote. Do I get special privileges to cry about Mintyukov being under valued next year.
32A5A7C0-472B-4DA5-AEB0-7CB67B425280.jpeg

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Voted mcTavish
His development and size for NHL play pushes him to number one for me

Reactions: bsu

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Can you allow us to see votes next one so we can see who's trolling on votes.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I know you voted for McTavish, it's just a joke.

...because I was the one who voted for Dostal. I refuse to provide any explanation.
I considered voting dostal #1 for a little bit tbh, I think it’s a reasonable opinion

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Goalies are fickle Dostal is around 5ish to me

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Goalies are fickle Dostal is around 5ish to me
I agree but I can certainly see people thinking he’s our top prospect, don’t think it’s unreasonable.

Depends on how high you are in mctavish, and what type upside you think Mintyukov/zell have

Reactions: bsu

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
...because I was the one who voted for Dostal. I refuse to provide any explanation.

Lies! That was me. Had him #1 last year as well, IIRC.

I voted Dostal because I think him becoming a starting goaltender is (the tiniest amount) more likely than McTavish becoming a top 6 forward and Minty/Zellweger becoming top 4 defensemen.

Dostal's play in Liiga is more impressive than anything any other prospect has accomplished thus far. Yes, I know he's not 6'7" and that Liiga is a low-scoring league.

McTavish's got too many "red flags" (for lack of a better term). That said, completely understand why most have him #1.

Really high on Minty but that could be shiny new toy syndrome. Probably has the highest upside out of all our prospects.

Zell is super impressive every time he's on the ice but his size is a concern.

Top 3: Dostal, Minty and McTavish/Zellweger (undecided).

IMO/YMMV.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017

I voted Dostal because I think him becoming a starting goaltender is (the tiniest amount) more likely than McTavish becoming a top 6 forward and Minty/Zellweger becoming top 4 defensemen.

Dostal's play in Liiga is more impressive than anything any other prospect has accomplished thus far. Yes, I know he's not 6'7" and that Liiga is a low-scoring league.

McTavish's got too many "red flags" (for lack of a better term). That said, completely understand why most have him #1.

Really high on Minty but that could be shiny new toy syndrome. Probably has the highest upside out of all our prospects.

IMO/YMMV.
What red flags do you see with McTavish? (just wondering)

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

IMO/YMMV.

I think Dostal is perfectly reasonable. He does have pretty high upside and he’s been good at every level he’s played at so far. It wouldn’t surprise me if when it’s all said and done he ends up being a better goalie than Gibson was for us.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think Dostal is perfectly reasonable. He does have pretty high upside and he’s been good at every level he’s played at so far. It wouldn’t surprise me if when it’s all said and done he ends up being a better goalie than Gibson was for us.
He doesn't seem like he'll develop Gibsons mentality of mailing it in and playing on cruise control.
Maybe he'll be the Ducks version of the Jonathan Quick(also only 6'1 like Dostal) and win 2 cups :D

note: NHL.com has Dostal listed as 6'2 and Quick as 6'1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad