NFL: 2022 Draft Prospects

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Brad Holmes was the Rams director of college scouting when we drafted Goff and seems to still think pretty highly of him, I’d be shocked if they didn’t at least give him one more year with a better team
If there isn’t a blow you away QB from this draft best to take the bpa which based on position would be one of the DE or LT. If you believe that Stingley is a lockdown corner that’s the next key position to fill.

Lions have the time with Goff contract to be patient for the right future QB.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
Too large a gap between their pick and the Rams pick to grab a QB.
Right now no one seems like they have the potential of elevating from their ncaa performance like Herbert has done. But that can change during the evaluation process and workouts.

this draft has the feel of the Jones/Haskins class. Neither were clear cut top 10 guys though Jones did get in there.
i kinda feel like the panthers will do something incredibly stupid and take a QB because their QB situation is so bad and then by this time next year everyone will be fired

Reactions: Barnaby

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
If he's lucky he'll get into Day 2. If he's lucky.
howell might be the only guy i would take a look at because he lost so much NFL talent and he got sacked like 50 times this year. now not sure if that is him holding onto the ball or just the o-line being that bad, given the loss of weapons and getting killed all year long, i would think maybe if he is insulated it can work

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lions and Jets staffs are headed to the senior bowl

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Lions and Jets staffs are headed to the senior bowl
Don’t expect the top 5-8 picks to attend. It benefits the Lions most as they can evaluate the QBs as an option with the Rams pick. Jets already have Wilson.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Any WRs expected around the Packers first round pick that could be a day 1 playmaker?
WR is like the most plentiful positions in the draft these days. You can check out multiple mock drafts to see the names.

expect 4/5 guys to go in round 1 and at least that number in round 2.

teams set up their WR groups differently. Some like guys who are interchangeable. Others like guys who have 1 high level skill set like speed, size, route running to compliment the other guys that they have.

but there are always plenty of options for WR in the draft these days with so many 7 on 7 drills.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Packers drafting a WR round 1. Haha that’s funny.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Is this where I hope cowboys go back to back with Georgia players and add Dean/Davis to the team?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Did anyone see it? Usually I try to catch some but I was otherwise occupied. I’m sure NFL Network will replay it.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
my take on this draft: it stinks
R.a721f1e96ee7f1c40841b3fd451f9e68

Reactions: Tony Romo

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

This has been a thing

Probably helps to hold onto the ball when a defender tries a strip sack of your hands are bigger/wider. As for arm strength more about where and how the QB holds the ball when they throw it than their hand size. Some QBs hold the ball more to the tip vs in the middle where you would need a bigger hand to grip the ball.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Probably helps to hold onto the ball when a defender tries a strip sack of your hands are bigger/wider. As for arm strength more about where and how the QB holds the ball when they throw it than their hand size. Some QBs hold the ball more to the tip vs in the middle where you would need a bigger hand to grip the ball.
Small hands do mean more fumbles, but it's an overblown thing. Joe Burrow measured at 9'

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Small hands do mean more fumbles, but it's an overblown thing. Joe Burrow measured at 9'
Can be countered with good pocket awareness. If you can feel the pressure and either slide to avoid it or throw it away or else just tuck the ball in and eat the sack you can avoid fumbles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad